Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Lincoln City | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Lincoln City

Much better second half. Thought Makama and Mandriou both had decent impact. Jackson and Jensen both superb.

Smith not working in advanced role for me to be honest, hopefully we can see his best in centre mid Saturday as assume that's where he will be with Hamilton suspended.

I thought it was interesting that we were out a lot earlier than Orient for the 2nd half. Skoobs obviously not happy with the first 45 minutes and it showed with a much more positive 2nd 45.

Read the negative comments at HT but only saw 2nd half. We were definitely the better team 2nd half.. played some decent stuff similar to first half on Saturday. Promising regardless of the result.

FT. We got the win but with an awful performance. No quality at all, apart from hamilton’s well taken goal and Jensen’s goalkeeping with two or three great saves. Feel sorry for Orient- they deserved a point. I’ve said it before but I really don’t rate Smith and don’t see what he brings to the side. He looks almost every game as though he just strolls around as though it’s a practice match or friendly but then when he gets the chance to do something creative he just lacks the quality to break away or hit a decent pass, even simple ones. Hopefully once the injury crisis sorts itself out or the January window comes we can replace him.

Well I’ll take that! We were much better in the second half, but a draw would have been a fair result. Orient had a couple of good chances.

Other than his chance, Makama had a good cameo. Jensen easily man of the match.

Skubala still has a lot of work to do. It wasn’t the worst game of the season, but for large periods it was a dull game and we looked lost for ideas (a summary of our season so far). On the upside, it is encouraging to see the players run to the bench after the goal. Hopefully this win brings us some confidence and something to build on.

Great to see the return of the fist pump, helps improve the team fan relations!

Read the negative comments at HT but only saw 2nd half. We were definitely the better team 2nd half.. played some decent stuff similar to first half on Saturday. Promising regardless of the result.
We were abysmal first half. Think they got a rocket at half time.

Anyone else see some development during the second half? Ball retention , good link up and finding space with intelligent passing . Also it was good to see young Makka utilised as a Centre Forward at last .The Lad did well. Great goal celebrations with the entire team running to the Bench to celebrate .

Vale was holding his groin after around 5 minutes. Same problem that forced him off at Stevenage. If we had enough players no way he would have started tonight
Looked that way to me- Vale definitely not fully fit but still played. Although hopefully that hasn't done him for Saturday