Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Lincoln City | Page 22 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Lincoln City

FT. We got the win but with an awful performance. No quality at all, apart from hamilton’s well taken goal and Jensen’s goalkeeping with two or three great saves. Feel sorry for Orient- they deserved a point. I’ve said it before but I really don’t rate Smith and don’t see what he brings to the side. He looks almost every game as though he just strolls around as though it’s a practice match or friendly but then when he gets the chance to do something creative he just lacks the quality to break away or hit a decent pass, even simple ones. Hopefully once the injury crisis sorts itself out or the January window comes we can replace him.
I'm sorry that your disappointed due to Orient experiencing a defeat tonight Perth .Personally I couldn't give two Monkeys for Orient but I respect you have feelings .I hope you are equally as gutted come Saturday too. Perish the thought that we might beat Barnsley .How will you cope if that happens?

Less said about the the first half, the better.

But we were much-improved in the second half.

We had to ride our luck at times, but Jensen was superb. Fair play to him after a shaky performance against Stevenage.

The game as a whole reminded me of Shrewsbury away. Then Hamilton popped up and scored an identical winner! Great finish.

Makama will receive a bit of a battering for his miss, but I felt his cameo changed the direction of travel for our attacking momentum.

A point would’ve been okay, but the 3 points feel huge. Especially as we stay within touching distance of the play offs (albeit some teams now have 2 games in hand).

I also hear the fist-pump has returned? That’ll do for me!

I'm sorry that your disappointed due to Orient experiencing a defeat tonight Perth .Personally I couldn't give two Monkeys for Orient but I respect you have feelings .I hope you are equally as gutted come Saturday too. Perish the thought that we might beat Barnsley .How will you cope if that happens?
Not disappointed with the win but it’s about the performance for me and I was probably expecting more in the second half but still felt the quality was lacking a bit, not the effort. Perhaps not surprising when you look at the injury list but it is what it is. Not disappointed with the result but honestly felt Orient didn’t deserve to lose. As for the irony, a poor attempt mate.

If fans think we are going to play like Barcelona in what is game two of Skoobs tenure, they really need to think again.

I liked it, certainly not bored as I have been prior to Skoobs arrival. He knows what he wants and how to get it, but the reality is it will take time. We probably won’t see a proper Skoobs team until next season. Small beer but a reality all the same. In terms of what he has inherited and doctrine of that system needs to be erased and that takes time.

I thought it was a decent performance overall. First half was poor entertainment, but we were the away side and countered whatever Orient had quite well.

Second half we were more agressive and took the game to them, and I thought just about deserved the win. Jensen made some good saves, but overall we defended very well.

Considering our depleted squad, it really was an excellent three points. I like the improvement MS has seemingly made in Makama's attitude. I liked his decision to play Duffy LWB. I liked MS dropping Danny, as he then looked as though he had a point to prove when he came on.

Another tough game on Saturday. Should be a big crowd too. Time for Smith to show why he was signed as I'm sure he will play in Hamilton's postion.

Couldn’t follow live as I was on a flight, but delighted to see the team get the win. We always knew it was going to be a struggle with so many injuries and now two players suspended. We just have to be patient until Michael Skubala gets the opportunity to work with more of the squad. It will take time for him to get us playing the way he wants and if we can pick up a few points along the way then great.

I thought it was a decent performance overall. First half was poor entertainment, but we were the away side and countered whatever Orient had quite well.

Second half we were more agressive and took the game to them, and I thought just about deserved the win. Jensen made some good saves, but overall we defended very well.

Considering our depleted squad, it really was an excellent three points. I like the improvement MS has seemingly made in Makama's attitude. I liked his decision to play Duffy LWB. I liked MS dropping Danny, as he then looked as though he had a point to prove when he came on.

Another tough game on Saturday. Should be a big crowd too. Time for Smith to show why he was signed as I'm sure he will play in Hamilton's postion.

I think we will move Sorensen to CM but you may be right.

The only blemish was Hamilton picking up a yellow.

Cant quite work out if I prefer him and Ethan is miss individual games or would it have been better to lose them both for same match.

Im thinking individually but can see logic of other way.