Match Thread: Forest Vs Sheffield Bogey team, Sponsored by long losing streaks | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Sheffield Bogey team, Sponsored by long losing streaks

On the way there last night I was worried that against what had become a bogey team that we would end up getting done to a fluke goal. However right from the start we were after them and seemed totally in control . My negative would be that at times we moved the ball slowly and there wasn't much forward movement for the player picking the pass. This wasn't Grabbens fault as he ran his socks off yet again( those slating him should get down to the City Ground and watch the shift he puts in). Hefele is a very big positive for me . Just breeds confidence into others and pantillmon is enjoying having him alongsise.
Janko absolutely destroyed his winger and at one stage his opposite number just gave up as our fulback outmuscled him yet again.
MattyCash wasn't at his best last night and BennyO really has a confidence issue with shooting at the moment. Let's hope he's saving another cracker for pride park.
Colback and Gueddy were in total control from minute one and I agree it was the Colback of three or four years ago that we saw last night.
Overall plenty of positives still worried about our defending of set pieces . Nothing could have been done regarding a deflection theft sent the ball off at a stupid angle. Oh and two wonderful goals by players who needed them. Lets not spoil it now with a sub standard performance on Saturday. See you there boys!!!

I pretty much agree with all that. I too thought we moved the ball too slowly and too square, early on. We really need to be quicker and more incisive in the final third.

We were laboured early on. It took a wonderful crunching tackle by Fox, who continues to be a revelation, to get the team going. This was soon followed by a great tackle by Geddy. This got the crowd going and suddenly we were in control.

After the goals it was noticeable how much more confident Grabban and Carvalho became. They were different players. But we should have scored more goals. That spawny goal by Wednesday gave us the usual nervous last minutes.

I'm hoping that win will give the team confidence for the next match. Confidence is clearly the issue.

Welcomed win . Delighted for the two goal scorers.

I thought janko had very good first half as did colback.

In my opinion I think guediora should have gone off on the hour mark it looked like his legs were gone. Karanka waits too long in my opinion but hey it worked tonight. Shame bridcutt wasnt on bench I think he would have made a difference.

I thought Matty cash was poor all night. Dias looked good when he came on.

Osborn could have 3 or 4 goals in the past 2 games . If we drew 2-2 people would have focused more on his missed chances.

I feel our trio behind grabban were anonymous until carvalho started coming into it in 2nd half and showed premiership class with some great balls and touches.

Again sheff wed were big and physical with no real quality. Any set piece into our box makes me nervous as does bringing on watson.

We tend to dominate by passing it around down the channels but doesn't get anywhere alot of the time.

Very happy for the 3 points and hopefully another 3 to come by the weekend.

Pretty fair assessment.... although, I wouldn't say Cash was poor as he never stopped chasing them down, but he does seem to tire very quickly!

I thought Watson would come on for Gueddy.... who was better when he took the mask off!

Always think we look more likely to create with him in the side Orbs. He does need to learn to put some of these chances away though

Hopefully, that will be something they focus on... he is so much better in that wide left position than at LB!

Also, I think Lolley is an almost perfect sub to bring on with 25-30 mins to go, just with his energy & direct running - he terrified their 'leggy' defence!

janko was dire for celtic but seems very comfortable and solid on the ball for us and seems a great signing in the making

robinson was solid but let himself down with a few stupid fouls that werent needed

colback was sensational and a different player when he has a bit of pace around him

I thought oz was wasteful at times and picked the wrong option all too often, but we do create with him in the team

my only real issue with us is game management, we panic too much and let them run at us too much, that ball where he ran through to pants should have been buried

if we can work a bit smarter off the ball and press when we dont have it then I think we have a real shot at the top 6 but its all down to consistency

I thought Cash was not at his best last night. Excellent harrying and closing down but it was annoying that he wasn't watching the line and was caught offside too often. Not his best game. Distribution wasn't good either.
That said his industry, energy and ability to press are a joy to watch.
Osborn's delivery was largely wasteful but his delivery for Grabban's goal was particularly good. Superb delivery.
His link up play was good and the back heel to Carvalho was exquisite.
Janko looks a really good signing. Very impressed with his home debut.

The Forest style of last night is dependent on Carvalho and particularly Oz and Cash closing opposition down early. This resulted in Geddy and Colback, by good positional play and being available to pick up loose ball or make repossessing tackles.

Oz and Carvalho appear to have started an understanding and certainly Cash and Janko appear to be developing one. Perhaps even Geddy and Colback. Hopefully several of them will soon be developing an understanding with Grabben. He is making himself available but no one is picking him out to often.

Not at all - just nice to pick up 3 points when we were the better side, Wednesday will cause plenty of problems to other teams, there is a lot of quality in their squad.

Not arguing with any of that as it’s spot on more a comment on the bi-polar nature of our fans.

One swallow & all that. Good result & performance against Rotherham & maybe we can start looking up.

I must say I thought the pie exceptional last night on the banks of the city ground. EXCEPTIONAL

Regardless of what anyone says I think we'll end up being an exceptional team and probably finish 3rd

janko was dire for celtic but seems very comfortable and solid on the ball for us and seems a great signing in the making

robinson was solid but let himself down with a few stupid fouls that werent needed

I do like Robinson and his positional sense is part of his trait - he's an excellent defender and aware of all around him but he almost got sent off last night - soon after his booking. The Ref awarded us a free kick - Robinson had the ball in his hands and deliberately kicked it back 20 yards into the Bridgford End advertising boards to waste some time - Silly Boy!!!

Is that Woanz talking about swallowing again?

I assume that’s one of the snert clique totally missing any serious point & focusing purely on bodily functions or tops off style banter they are so terribly predictable & having them on ignore is a joy to behold.

Is this what passes for humour on Vital Forest nowadays?

No wonder great posters like Sniffer and Woody only post on Come on you snerts

Pathetic

Did anyone notice Hef & Robbo back on their own goal line when Pants was taking goal kicks?

With them playing 3 up front Hef & Robbo's tactics proceeded to stretch them so they dropped back almost to the half way line and when Pants took his kick they were bounding up field to disrupt their plans - BRILLIANT.

Is it true that Hef was blowing kisses to the Wednesday fans? From the Trent End upper, I could see him facing them but not what he was doing. Hilarious if true!

No, what I saw was they were giving him stick and he basically turned to them and said "come on then". The ref had a word with him