Match Thread: Forest Vs Sheffield Bogey team, Sponsored by long losing streaks | Page 4 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Sheffield Bogey team, Sponsored by long losing streaks

Bit nervy at the end but overall we played well, Ozzy and carvalho linked up well. Good to see Grabban score and carvalho, defended well for the most part. Ozzy get down the training ground practice some finishing.

Win was more comprehensive than the result suggests.

59% possession, 16 shots, 6 on target.

Totally outpassed them in number and accuracy (82%).

And for all the superior knowledge of some individuals about 'modern fullbacks', this new pair of Fullbacks only let two crosses go all game

Good stuff but should've been out of sight really, we still lack a cutting edge in front of goal.

Grabban should benefit massively from opening his league account, started to look more like the player we thought we'd bought tonight.

Thought Fox, Hef and Colback were immense and impressed with Janko too. Ozzy had a good game but is so poor in front of goal, must be a confidence issue.

We certainly owed Wednesday one....or seven.

And for all the superior knowledge of some individuals about 'modern fullbacks', this new pair of Fullbacks only let two crosses go all game

Janko in particular- if he plays like that every week fook me his a player!

I thought that was really positive. What impressed me actually was how quickly we were closing them down. Colback, Guedioura and Cash not giving them an inch forcing them to go long. When they did go long, Fox and Hef were there to win the ball and play it back out to feet.

I thought Janko was very good - good going forward and strong defensively! Robinson was also much sharper than he has been when I've watched him previously.

I thought until his goal, Carvalho was actually making some poor decisions, but such were the presence of Colback and Guedioura, that he was able to get away with it. But fair play, great play between him and Osborn for
the goal - it really is what you pay the money for I guess, but we need to see more of it!

I think Guedioura at the moment really is the difference between a good performance and a flat one. If you think about how expansive his play is and how he creates space for himself and switches the play, it sets up how we play our whole game. This isn't a specific dig at Watson, but I question how well we'd have played with Guedioura still injured. It's a positive to have him but a negative that I feel we'll struggle should he pick up injuries.

Pleased Grabban got off the mark but he has to be more clinical in front of goal! They were fortunate to get their deflected goal, but had Grabban taken the chances before that, it wouldn't have mattered. Hoping the goal will bring that out more.

Overall, really dominant display and pleased to see us rise to the occasion, where contrary to other opinions, I think this was a must win given our current ratio and the performances within those games!

Good stuff but should've been out of sight really, we still lack a cutting edge in front of goal.

Grabban should benefit massively from opening his league account, started to look more like the player we thought we'd bought tonight.

Thought Fox, Hef and Colback were immense and impressed with Janko too. Ozzy had a good game but is so poor in front of goal, must be a confidence issue.

We certainly owed Wednesday one....or seven.

Agreed 're os in front of goal but as Ron said, signs that os and carv are finding rapport.

Best performance of the season and showing the direction of travel. Think they still have a way to go and we will improve from today.

Weds didn't look up to much but their record suggested otherwise. Very good 3 pts and great all round team performance, finally!

About time you acknowledged it :)

Welcomed win . Delighted for the two goal scorers.

I thought janko had very good first half as did colback.

In my opinion I think guediora should have gone off on the hour mark it looked like his legs were gone. Karanka waits too long in my opinion but hey it worked tonight. Shame bridcutt wasnt on bench I think he would have made a difference.

I thought Matty cash was poor all night. Dias looked good when he came on.

Osborn could have 3 or 4 goals in the past 2 games . If we drew 2-2 people would have focused more on his missed chances.

I feel our trio behind grabban were anonymous until carvalho started coming into it in 2nd half and showed premiership class with some great balls and touches.

Again sheff wed were big and physical with no real quality. Any set piece into our box makes me nervous as does bringing on watson.

We tend to dominate by passing it around down the channels but doesn't get anywhere alot of the time.

Very happy for the 3 points and hopefully another 3 to come by the weekend.