Match Thread: Forest Vs Sheffield Bogey team, Sponsored by long losing streaks | Page 5 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Sheffield Bogey team, Sponsored by long losing streaks

Totally agree jock.
I really like the look of Janko.
Osborn really needs to work on his finishing.
He played well other than that though.
Cash was largely ineffective tonight and Dias gave us another dimension when he came on.
2-1 flattered Wednesday i think.
2 or 3 nil would have been a fair reflection of the game.

Good solid win without being outstanding. Solid performances all over the pitch and the players looked much more in sync with eachother than in recent weeks.

Win on Saturday and we can start looking up.

Oh and two more assists for Osborn. And some think his shit and he offers nothing pmsl x

Was a great ball in for the first.

Carvalho and Ozzy were doing some great quick reverse passes, had the Wednesday defence all over the place just put it in a corner Ozzy. Cash wasn't as good going forward but he was closing down a lot and did his job, Dias and lolley on the bench means the 2 playing have to be on it or they know they will be swapped. Nice to have strength in depth, just need a bit or depth up top. I also thought geddy looked leggy and he should of come off, colback still looked fine.

Always think we look more likely to create with him in the side Orbs. He does need to learn to put some of these chances away though

I much prefer set pieces and corners whipped in with pace and that free kick was spot on.
Doesn't always beat the first man trying that method but it's far more dangerous than floating the ball in.

Having been away for the West Brom and Newcastle games, that's the best I've seen us play this season. Colback and Geddy seemed to be playing further up, giving us a pressing game. A long time since I've seen so many tackles winning it back for us in midfield. Superb effort from everyone, and a lot more quality today too. A few sloppy passes at the back (Janko and Geddy) put us in trouble, but we were great at winning it back. Still need to create more up front, but first time this season I've come home really happy with the way we've played.
3-0 wouldn't have been an unfair score, but as usual an unlucky deflection left us hanging on a bit at the end.

Colback had his best game in the garibaldi tonight. Superb crunching tackles.
Very pleased that Grabban scored, fantastic ball in by Osborn.
Absolutely brilliant second by Carvalho.
Osborn should have scored, but what a beautiful back heel to set up Carvalho.
Much more solidity about our play.
Hefele is going to be a cult hero.

Starting to come together.

After a few poor overhit free kicks Osborn's delivery was perfect and Grabban got that vital first goal. Second goal came straight after Osborn and Carvalho seemed over-elaborate - when it works, you get class goals like that. Again, great for Carvalho to open his account.

While there was always a hint Wednesday would get one back it was undeserved and spawny when it arrived. We saw it out well, though, and should have had two more before the end.

After the Swansea fan comments about dirty Forest, it was good to see us tackling hard but fair against yet another big strong side. Good win which puts us in a useful position if we can carry on the good work.

The only negative for me is our approach play, movement and final ball when teams sit back. Wednesday had 10 players behind the ball and until we scored hadn't really created any clear cut chances.
Once we went in front, Wednesday had to attack and this led to several opportunities for us to increase our lead.
Definitely improvement, but also more to be done to deal with defensive minded teams.

Always think we look more likely to create with him in the side Orbs. He does need to learn to put some of these chances away though

I thought Osborb was pretty wasteful tonight. He gets himself in such fantastic positions, and as I pointed out to AC in trap 2, hes always there for the pass. If his decision making improves he will be at the next level.
Guedioura was very similar in this aspect. He was dropping deep to receive but then the Hollywood pass undid the good work.

It was a great performance tonight, Jankz looks superb but I wouldnt say the same for Robz. He needs to up his game for me. He did improve as the game went on but attack wise he was not as effective as Jankz.

At times it felt like we was almost one pass too much, Carvalho is a superb player and his deft touches and perfectly weighted passes when under pressure are something to behold, again, he needs to work on the simple things though.

Colback was a beast from kick off and my MOTM. Enough said.

Cash, hes become that tricky little winger that I never really saw a couple of seasons ago. However, he really does need to stay on his feet. Its embarrassing. He lost the ball at one point and the iron gate called Colback, shut the play down and he actually said to Cash right in front of me stay on your effing feet. Again, no doubt about the quality of Cash but he will become frustrating for us to watch if he doesnt cut it out.

The goals were superb. We definitely should have had 2 more which would have been a fair reflection of the game.

Still things to work on but we are going in the right direction. More of the same on Saturday please

I need it to be 3-0 before I feel safe with Forest that aside, a few players really impressed me in the game...Colback his tenacity was awesome, we are very aggressive it seems at the moment...much better but we must watch the yellow cards, which will turn into red if we're not careful ...and you don't win many matches with ten men....good match enjoyed it ....UReds

I think that’s one of the biggest things you can say about last night. That it was an enjoyable game to watch if you are a Forest fan. We haven’t been able to say that enough in recent years but slowly we seem to be getting there and building something.

These last two games are pretty much the progress I wanted to see. We are not going to suddenly walk the league (although it would be nice) but just being able to watch the team compete and look like a decent side is a start.

On the way there last night I was worried that against what had become a bogey team that we would end up getting done to a fluke goal. However right from the start we were after them and seemed totally in control . My negative would be that at times we moved the ball slowly and there wasn't much forward movement for the player picking the pass. This wasn't Grabbens fault as he ran his socks off yet again( those slating him should get down to the City Ground and watch the shift he puts in). Hefele is a very big positive for me . Just breeds confidence into others and pantillmon is enjoying having him alongsise.
Janko absolutely destroyed his winger and at one stage his opposite number just gave up as our fulback outmuscled him yet again.
MattyCash wasn't at his best last night and BennyO really has a confidence issue with shooting at the moment. Let's hope he's saving another cracker for pride park.
Colback and Gueddy were in total control from minute one and I agree it was the Colback of three or four years ago that we saw last night.
Overall plenty of positives still worried about our defending of set pieces . Nothing could have been done regarding a deflection theft sent the ball off at a stupid angle. Oh and two wonderful goals by players who needed them. Lets not spoil it now with a sub standard performance on Saturday. See you there boys!!!

I much prefer set pieces and corners whipped in with pace and that free kick was spot on.
Doesn't always beat the first man trying that method but it's far more dangerous than floating the ball in.

Agree and good news is looks like janko and Robinson also know how to cross a ball.

Also worth mentioning 26000 ish there yesterday- more than 20000 home fans despite it being on tv.

Support has been awesome this season and last night has us begging for more.

Agree with sleaford- Saturday very important to get same performance to really get the momentum growing.

Coyr

We’ve added strength and energy to the team that now compliments the ‘luxury’ players.
All bodes well if this is the benchmark.

Cash wasn’t his normal self last night Colback was awesome

Only thing I don’t understand is Watson ahead of Brid!

About time you acknowledged it :)

As I said all along - much better with Benny at LM - not at left full back!

Robinson played very well, but Janko is some find - hope he keeps that up & we get him signed up permanently!

2-1 flattered them, the only criticism is that AK took too long to see that Cash was absolutely knackered - should have changed that earlier.

Just need to start making better decisions in the final 3rd/their area and we could have won that easily, some very good saves by their keeper & they got an undeserved fluke!

COYR!

Totally agree jock.
I really like the look of Janko.
Osborn really needs to work on his finishing.
He played well other than that though.
Cash was largely ineffective tonight and Dias gave us another dimension when he came on.
2-1 flattered Wednesday i think.
2 or 3 nil would have been a fair reflection of the game.
:agree: