Match thread forest v Everton. | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match thread forest v Everton.

The amount of shit on Twitter now is utterly ridiculous, with the wrist slashers out in force, all frothing at the mouth, calling for Cooper to be sacked. Some people’s memories are so short it’s unbelievable! We’ve been away from the top tier for 23 years and anyone with the remotest idea about football knows how big the gulf between the PL and Championship is. There’s a reason that the term Yo-Yo Clubs came about and it takes time and typically a lot of money to become an established PL outfit. We’re still very much work in progress and could be for another season or two if we manage to maintain our top flight status. We’re on a bit of a shit run, it happens to even the best clubs. The team need us more than ever now, I mean, supporters by their very definition should support the team shouldn’t they?. We’ve got 30,000-40,000 opposition fans every 2nd week who want to tell us how shit we are, without our own turning against them.
Awonyi is the big miss here, an equal or better replacement is needed in Jan. I don’t believe Wood was ever brought in to be the main striker, more like 15-20 minute cameos to rest legs and add a different dimension, a role he’s more than capable of fulfilling. I’d urge anyone advocating for Coopers departure to take a look at the list of dross that’s managed our great club over the last 20 years and be very careful what you wish for, for every successful roll of the dice there’s a litany of failures.

Its worth pointing out that EM never waited on sentimentality. He backed Cooper because there wasn't a better manager waiting to take us over. I can't remember when he said this but he definitely said it.
I can't see how its any different now personally. I look at the managers available and I can't see anyone who'd come here who I'd be excited to take us over.
Lopetegui (sic?) I'd not be furious about, but still I'd rather have Cooper.
Absolutely. There ain’t a better manager than Cooper.

Anyone expecting or demanding for us to win even a single game at this level with the current level of Wood's ability, attitude and application as the main striker is expecting or demanding a miracle to rival taking us from the bottom of the Championship to promotion in the same season.

It's achievable. It’s possible. But it's an absolutely gargantuan task.

So I’ve got some prick obsessed with my ten year old daughter getting fucked by some Tommy Robinson nigel Farage right wing **** but somehow I’m the bad guy? You need to go back a pip & work out which Jimmy Saville Prince Andrew right wing spunk trumpet you are defending I’m not a grass which is why I’m assuming the **** wasn’t banned in the first place, did you not read his opening gambit this evening? It was utterly disgusting & this is the same prick who thinks anyone educated is just against him & that education is somehow wrong. **** should have been yeeted in the Ho Chi Minh a fair while ago

If it was anyone else he was attacking like that he’d be long gone but because it’s me & I can hammer snerts like Rob, Mr Angry & Apollyon on the owd WWW he gets away with it as they are just battered & left looking ridiculous
No I didn’t see that, so I apologise. I thought you were just bringing politics into it again. So, again, apologie.

Personally. I think we are badly coached and not setup good enough.
I’m starting to wonder about this. How much is it on the players ability, how much on cooper?

Recruitment and selection is still not joined up. Bomb squad is now Worrall, Mckenna, Santos, Tavares, Montiel, with Kouyate a waste of time on the bench

Tactics wise, should we go 3 at the back the next 2 games? Williams and Aina as WBs?

We need MGW central and as close to Wood or Origi as possible this month, or play without a CF and have him in the false 9.

Badly, badly need a CF and winger before Brentford away in January

I’m starting to wonder about this. How much is it on the players ability, how much on cooper?

Recruitment and selection is still not joined up. Bomb squad is now Worrall, Mckenna, Santos, Tavares, Montiel, with Kouyate a waste of time on the bench

Tactics wise, should we go 3 at the back the next 2 games? Williams and Aina as WBs?

We need MGW central and as close to Wood or Origi as possible this month, or play without a CF and have him in the false 9.

I think it's got very little to do with Cooper or the players' ability.

We simply don't have a player capable or fit enough to start a game as striker.

Once that changes, then a lot of things change.

The manager is capable enough and we have enough capable players. We just don't have anyone that can start a game as striker so Cooper's hands are tied.

The time to judge him is with untied hands. Not now.

Last edited:

We aren’t playing a settled side with players that have been here a while though didnt Coopz make 4 changes last night

I think it's got very little to do with Cooper or the players' ability.

We simply don't have a player capable or fit enough to start a game as striker.

Once that changes, then a lot of things change.

The manager is capable enoughand we have enough capable players. We just don't have anyone that can start a game as striker so Cooper's hands are tied.

The time to judge him is with untied hands. Not
Chelsea doing to Brighton what we should have done last week.

The amount of shit on Twitter now is utterly ridiculous, with the wrist slashers out in force, all frothing at the mouth, calling for Cooper to be sacked. Some people’s memories are so short it’s unbelievable! We’ve been away from the top tier for 23 years and anyone with the remotest idea about football knows how big the gulf between the PL and Championship is. There’s a reason that the term Yo-Yo Clubs came about and it takes time and typically a lot of money to become an established PL outfit. We’re still very much work in progress and could be for another season or two if we manage to maintain our top flight status. We’re on a bit of a shit run, it happens to even the best clubs. The team need us more than ever now, I mean, supporters by their very definition should support the team shouldn’t they?. We’ve got 30,000-40,000 opposition fans every 2nd week who want to tell us how shit we are, without our own turning against them.
Awonyi is the big miss here, an equal or better replacement is needed in Jan. I don’t believe Wood was ever brought in to be the main striker, more like 15-20 minute cameos to rest legs and add a different dimension, a role he’s more than capable of fulfilling. I’d urge anyone advocating for Coopers departure to take a look at the list of dross that’s managed our great club over the last 20 years and be very careful what you wish for, for every successful roll of the dice there’s a litany of failures.
Fuck me…how many bad runs and for how long before you get to see Coops is out of his depth…tired of the hero worship for what he has done…its what he’s doing now thats important for now and the future…he is way out of his depth

Thank god the scousers and Villa pulled out late goals

Bournemouth are now going above us next week. I hope we can pull a win out the bag this week otherwise we are right in the shite.

Fulham, Wolves and Bournemouth this month along with spurs Newcastle and United

Thank god the scousers and Villa pulled out late goals

Bournemouth are now going above us next week. I hope we can pull a win out the bag this week otherwise we are right in the shite.

Fulham, Wolves and Bournemouth this month along with spurs Newcastle and United

It would be a miracle for us to win a game until we have a striker.

should sack him. He's out of his depth in the prem.

can't hold a lead
I’d expected us to get beat more often than not. But 1 point from Fulham, Bournemouth, Leicester, Wolves, Everton… it’s just not good enough.

This is like watching Hughtonball again. Cooper seems out of his depth, out of ideas.

It’s miserable and I honestly wish I had enough willpower to stop myself from watching us right now. Maybe with the inevitable three defeats on the horizon, that will come.
I feel Cooper is out of his depth.
We have had our pants pulled down on so many of our signings .
Maybe Cooper is out of his depth.

Some of his decisions have been poor

Cooper was out of his depth last season too whilst being behind a completely successful season in which our objectives were all accomplished.

People are so fucking short sighted sometimes.