Match thread forest v Everton. | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match thread forest v Everton.

It's lunacy to sack someone because they don't have the tools.

Sign a proper striker (or somehow get Origi fit) and sack him if he can't turn things around once either if those things have been done.

That depends on who is buying the tools !

I notice that on "Sky ref watch" Dermot Gallagher has said the Yates incident should def been a pen, not only did the Everton player pull the shirt of Yates' off his back he tripped him as well. Apology from PGMOL incoming I expect.

Some pretty unsavoury exchanges on this thread from the weekend, involving @Woanz & @stenroach - I really shouldn't need to tell, supposedly adult, posters what is or isn't acceptable.

I do appreciate that tensions run high after a defeat and specifically, when it's a late evening kick off and some may have taken to drowning their sorrows.
I was at the game and with the EMT rail strike had to endure a painful bus journey home, so I didn't pick up on the alerts raised by several posters.

I've had the pleasure of reading the entire thread and without offering a defence, because there isn't one - it's obvious that judgements get impaired, posts become misconstrued/misinterpreted, for whatever reason and matters duly escalate and get blown out or proportion.

When you read it back, which I would suggest happens, before the un-necessary insulting exchanges you can see where it started and where the misunderstanding starts.

I have no issue with naming & shaming, because both @Woanz & @stenroach were in the wrong.
Both probably deserve a ban and I've posted so many times about using the ignore function, especially where there is a history - as there is in this case.

SO - this may well be a bad call, for now - but I am not going to ban either (YET) - I would suggest that @Woanz & @stenroach, pop each other on ignore.

If there is any further escalation or similar exchanges, bans will be applied.

This is not up for discussion, I don't want any PMs - but what I do want is for posters to debate their views, without it degenerating into the kind of unacceptable behaviour demonstrated here.

Kindest Regards

OKD

I may have not read through all of it but there's a noticeable absence of Pope on this thread. For all our disagreements over the years, hope everything's ok chap :thumbup:
He's a sensible fella and probably wants to stay away after the last match until the dust has settled. It hasn't exactly been a great atmosphere here. Probably has better things to do with his time every now and then than argue with the gloomsters on here. We all know it was a crap performance and that some would be calling for Cooper's head.

I did miss his match thread though and hope he's fit and back in contention for Fulham on Wednesday night.