Match Thread: Cardiff Vs Forest, Sponsored by the children of Beelzebub | Page 7 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Cardiff Vs Forest, Sponsored by the children of Beelzebub

Ah well, season's over anyway and hopefully Mancienne has just shown AK once and for all that he deserves to be fucked off.

Hopefully a win on Tuesday will cheer us all up a bit x

I hate to burst their bubble but they're not getting 3 points out of the sheep and that will be far more annoying for us than tonight.

Same old, same old... if we could defend a set piece we'd have half a chance. Played OK but the glass chin came out again.

Honestly !!! I dont think we deserved to lose this one!... if there was a team that tried to play football it was us...Cardiffs football is just kick nd run ...they will not have a chance in the Premiership...the chances we missed teams in the Premiership will finish them...lets go with the individuals performances...Kapino doesnt fill me with confidence he looked scored to leave his goal line...Panti mych much better..Mancienne got a stinker...we conceded because he conceded a foul in an area that is suicide for us...i doubt we will see him again ...quiet second half for both Lolley nd Cash..a very good game for Bridcutt...he was subbed to be rested for Tuesday...Brereton was slightly better in the second but not the striker that we need..ozzy a good second half nd shows how he is better going forward ...should have gone for goal himself in that Cardiffs misplaced pass...all in all a half decent performance that we lost due keep not dealing set pieces nd dead ball situations...AK nwed to solve it or we r going nowhere...

26 goals conceded from set pieces this season.

Just think what we could have achieved if we were just average at defending them

I don't think he is a defensive midfielder as such. He has played there but he has played a fair bit at regular central midfield as well.

What are the defensive qualities you believe he possesses, as someone who hasn't been seen since his tenth yellow card?

Christ you'd argue black was white! He has played most of his career sat in front of a defence. He is the very definition of a holding midfielder. It is the reason why many posters on here, including yourself, were clamering for him to sign. He sits, wins tackles, gives the ball to the forwards and provide cover for the defence. The position tends to lend itself to more aggressive play, hence the yellow cards.

Frustrating as per usual.Some positives as we played some decent stuff and proof you don't have to be a good footballing side to get promoted.As soon as Figeuriedo went off our chances of not co nceding again vanished.

Christ you'd argue black was white! He has played most of his career sat in front of a defence. He is the very definition of a holding midfielder. It is the reason why many posters on here, including yourself, were clamering for him to sign. He sits, wins tackles, gives the ball to the forwards and provide cover for the defence. The position tends to lend itself to more aggressive play, hence the yellow cards.

It's fair to say he gets more yellows than most.

You are the one arguing Hardy

All I said was that he was playing further forward.

Fact is, it was the right decision because he scored and Geddy didn't.

We can argue semantics together all night if you really wish. I know what you meant but I disagree with you that Karanka did the wrong thing and the fact that he scored tends to back the manager up

we don't help ourselves as we give away many needless free kicks and corners that could easily have been avoided.
Good point - we needed to be more disciplined. Got frustrated and gave away some cheap free kicks.

should still have won - as usual, finishing not clinical enough. Bridcutt's heavy touch first half, Osborn and Cash somehow failing to equalise late on. Wouldn't blame Lolley for the early effort that just cleared the bar.

If Toby hadn't gone off with a knock we would have got something. Mancienne reminded us just how fallible he is now.

BB had a thankless task as a lone striker, but Forest played most of the football. Cardiff are a neanderthal bunch, all muscle and long throws. And for such a big side they don't half spend a lot of time lying on the ground.

Wherever Bridcutt has played in the past, it's the first time for ages that I've seen one of our midfielders time his runs into the box so well. He could have had 4 or 5 chances if we learnt how to cross it. Ironic that when Velios comes on, Lolley goes off, when he's the most likely player to put a decent cross in.

Agree Lienking taking Lolley off was not a great decision as he is the most likely player to create anything.To be honest tonight showed a lot of promise for next season and exactly what is wrong with the side.I expect Karanka to have learned more from this game than any other for what is required for next season.