Match Thread: Cardiff Vs Forest, Sponsored by the children of Beelzebub | Page 5 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Cardiff Vs Forest, Sponsored by the children of Beelzebub

Geddy was our best CM in the last two games, but dropped tonight. I can understand AK wanting to have a look at Bridcutt, but did we really need three defensive midfielders tonight? Would have been better resting one of Watson or Colback.

I think this one of the best first halves i have seen Forest play this season...we should have scored first if we had a good striker upfront...Cardiff's football is route one...but effective nd it is the type of football that we suffer the most...wtf with these set pieces !!! I thought these r the things that AK would sort out...but keep conceeding game after game...still i think their goal should have been disallowed...Gunnarson was clearly obstructing the goalkeeper nd was in an offside position !!! ... Lolley playing great nd giving a headache to the Cardiff defence...i like Ozzy when going forward but it is clear that they r targeting our left hand side...Watson has given away a couple of dangerous balls...I have a feeling that he will turn out our weak point in midfield ...Bridcutt superb apart from the chance he missed ... Figi everywhere...Brereton not much effective but better from recent games...Lichaj quite game but keeping quiet also their winger...still on the fence in regard the keeper...seems a bit afraud nd not venturing much from his goal line...

Geddy was our best CM in the last two games, but dropped tonight. I can understand AK wanting to have a look at Bridcutt, but did we really need three defensive midfielders tonight? Would have been better resting one of Watson or Colback.

Guedioura is a very high risk player for a game like this.

He plays exactly the kind of high risk balls that they are brilliant at nicking and counterattacking on

Forest have created good chances but yet again have failed to take them. While at the back we are a shambles at set pieces.

Cardiff are poor, and second best, yet somehow they're in front! Ridiculous.

Interesting view - I thought he was awful in both games & not worthy of his place ( just shows - opinions ).

Guedioura is a very high risk player for a game like this.

He plays exactly the kind of high risk balls that they are brilliant at nicking and counterattacking on

No, he plays more positive football, looking to go forward rather than backwards. Which is fine if you have two sitters behind him, which we do. You need balance. At the moment, we have three deep sitters, all very good at what they do, but the balance is all wrong. He also gives a bit of much needed height and physicality.

Interesting as I thought Geddy has been rusty and off the pace in his last two games. Not the player he was.

No, he plays more positive football, looking to go forward rather than backwards. Which is fine if you have two sitters behind him, which we do. You need balance. At the moment, we have three deep sitters, all very good at what they do, but the balance is all wrong. He also gives a bit of much needed height and physicality.

We don't have three deep sitters because Bridcutt is playing in an attacking position, hence why he keeps getting forward

Deep sitting midfielder scores

Sometimes you can be a real arse Pope. Would you like me to point out every time something happens that appears to contradict what you have seen?
Bridcutt did well, but his goal record speaks for itself. It's not normally his game, and whether he is being pushed forward today or not, he is by trade a defensive midfielder and that's what he does best. HENCE, we are playing with three sitters.