Match Thread: Cardiff Vs Forest, Sponsored by the children of Beelzebub | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Cardiff Vs Forest, Sponsored by the children of Beelzebub

Agree.Personally I feel last night was really positive because in one game all the good and bad parts of our game were exposed.Karanka must have seen what is required for next season regards who stays and who goes.
Yeah it was our season in miniature. Karanka’s post match suggests he thinks the same.

We do have the nucleus of a decent squad in place but there are still quite a few changes needed and, perhaps more importantly, some discipline instilled.

Personnally I think it's a little frightening how much work needs to be done to turn us into a challenger, which the owner clearly expects next season.
I'd say we have the basis of a really good midfield, which is pretty ironic considering how bad we have traditionally been there over the last few years.
But in my opinion we need a complete new defence, including Keeper. I wouldn't keep any of them except Pants if we can get him permanently. I think Fox has been the best of a bad bunch and I'm happy with him as a squad player and I still think Worrall will be a top defender. But I think we need a completely new starting back four. I'm not sold on Figi as many of you are. Last night highlighted his weaknesses for me.
We also need a completely new forward line. None of ours are good enough for a promotion challenge.
Lots of work. However, AK has shown with his work on our midfield in January, that he can do that. My concern is his ability to knit it all together and achieve the right balance.

I would be surprised if we didn’t go after Pantillimon on a permanent.

In defence I think AK will be happy enough with Fig, Fox and Worrall so will probably just look to bring Dawson in.

Full back is where it gets fun as I think we need to overhaul both sides and push Osborn forward.

I think we are ok for deep lying midfielders in Watson, Bridcutt and Gueddy with Yates to come through but would expect AK to try and sign Colback if he can.

In Lolley, cash and Osborn we have a reasonable start to the attacking midfield but it needs more options and an Antonio type who plunders forwards would be most welcome.

Brereton isn’t quite ready. He is getting experience but has more poor games than good at the moment partially because of the lack of support. Murphy is shot and Vellios isn’t good enough so we probably need two strikers.

Could be a busy summer...

Are we in agreement in keeping Young Clough...or do we get rid and try and get at least 500 grand for him

Are we in agreement in keeping Young Clough...or do we get rid and try and get at least 500 grand for him

It’s concerning that he is struggling for game time at Bolton. There is a player with ability in there somewhere but he doesn’t seem to be able to show it. If we get a decent offer I think we should let him go and reinvest.

Get rid and reinvest in our number one target, El Arabi Hillel Soudani.

He's 30 so some on here will be loving the opportunity to make snidey comments while ignoring the signing of Murphy and pretending it was a good deal.

Have to say, even I am quite impressed by the guy's scoring record- 156 in 358, pretty much all in European top divisions and 46 in european competitions

We need better than the likes of cash. I'd be very interested to see how many goals brereton would score on loan in league 1.

There is a mountain of work to be done unfortunately.

Hes 18 and is currently working the front line on his own. His work rate is superb. If we can improve the service and support, Brereton will flourish in the Championship never mind League one

We need better than the likes of cash. I'd be very interested to see how many goals brereton would score on loan in league 1.

There is a mountain of work to be done unfortunately.

Think Cash is a decent player but not necessarily a right winger.

Brereton, I think you are right, should be loaned to league one and see what he could do.

Hes mopping up bits and is so often isolated its unreal. Look at the effort yesterday where he went wide right, crossed the ball to the penalty spot only to have no one near it. The commentary praised the work rate of Lolley for trying to get to it but in actual fact, there should have been support there.

Theres no way Brereton should go out on loan in my opinion and I dont think Karanka will think any different

He's 30 so some on here will be loving the opportunity to make snidey comments while ignoring the signing of Murphy and pretending it was a good deal.

Have to say, even I am quite impressed by the guy's scoring record- 156 in 358, pretty much all in European top divisions and 46 in european competitions

Yup

Hes 18 and is currently working the front line on his own. His work rate is superb. If we can improve the service and support, Brereton will flourish in the Championship never mind League one
I don’t think the way AK wants to play will help bring him on. He has the ability and work rare but he needs consistency and decent supply. A good loan stint with less pressure could give him that and help bring him on.

When are we going to get a manager who will play 4-4 fucking 2 consistently

When we sack AK in a few months

We should pay whatever it takes to get NW in