Match Thread: Blackpool v Lincoln City | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Blackpool v Lincoln City

Apart from once again displaying our inability to defend a set piece the team have played reasonably well. When we are struggling to score that issue is compounded when we give away soft goals.
We can get something from this game as Blackpool have not been impressive so far. Keep the pressure on the Imps and we may get a bit of fortune for a change.

Big improvement in the build up play. Regularly getting into the final third.
Still zero goalscoring threat though. Keeper hasn’t had to make a save in the 45 (that seems to happen far too often).

massive overreaction by hortin/makepiece to hearing draper had gone off. Without even knowing what the issue was.

Doing really well. Can see how little confidence is in the team and how unused to playing with each other they are with all the communication issues and short passes and touches going wrong.

Makama doing excellently. Adelakun doing well - but we need an actual striker next to Makama to give us a presence in the box.

Player frustrating me is Bishop - needs to get his head in the game a little bit.

Ref inconsistent too which isn’t helping.

Yep, you're not wrong. I wasn't just about today though but in general I would prefer to see more of Shodipo and less of Hakeeb.
I think it could have gone either way with the selection to be honest- we have such limited options, Shodipo could have brought something Adelakun doesn't. I'd be surprised if we didn't see SHodipo get a decent run out during the second half

HT. Encouraging performance so far, apart obviously from the awful defending for Blackpool’s goal. There were three Blackpool players got goalside between Mitchell, Sorensen and Smith with absolutely no challenge for the ball. Despite that setback we’ve played some really encouraging stuff, without really punishing their defensive mistakes. Finally, the referee is absolutely appalling. So inconsistent with his decision making and too free with his cards. As for the challenge on Jensen, that was a red card all day. The Blackpool player clattered past Jackson, who was protecting Jensen and simply took Jensen out when he had the ball in his hands. If Blackpool carry on like this the Imps should really have a go at punishing them because they are there for the taking… but so are we defensively. 🙄🤔

Small margins:

Mitchell should’ve at least hit the target rather than blazing over the bar, next minute he loses his man who heads home another simple set-piece.

That apart, the best first 45 mins by an Imps side I’ve seen in ages :clap:
On TV it looked like Sorrensen who let him go.

The Ref has been spot on in all 4 bookings too … their co-commentator is an absolute clown, not a patch on our own Steve Thompson.

Well you missed an attacking performance away at the best home side in the division. We've had 54% possession, largely in their half. We just don't have any sort of cutting edge. You can't fault the effort.
Yeah I just heard them score and them say Draper is off injured. Seemed a standard imps match

Odd. I thought he was one of our best players that half and caused their defence all sorts of problems.

I agree. I thought he showed well for the ball, held it up and hasn't given the ball away much from his layoffs. The problem is the same old problem of us not creating enough clear cut chances in their box. Generally though I think we have been a lot better today than in recent home games.

If our striker hadn’t gone for that we would be calling him lazy and it wasn’t a dangerous challenge, it’s still a contact sport
Jensen had already collected the ball and he came in late. It was in fact a lazy challenge IMO as he was nowhere near the ball. Not a red but a clear yellow.

smith also showing much more today, (in his favoured position). Ironically the same day Hamilton is not quite so sharp. Need to get bishop/Hamilton/smith all playing to a 7 or 8 performance and we might get something