Match Thread: Barnsley v Lincoln City | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Barnsley v Lincoln City

Well! I’ve seen worse. I was quietly thinking at half time if some gaps opened up from them pushing and we were able to get a second, we might have a comfortable afternoon. At half time it could have easily gone either way, though. I wasn’t expecting that. A true humbling and magnificent performance

Had a family thing on this afternoon I couldn't get out of and have only just seen results.
All I can say is WOW!!!!
It is just a shame we have an inferior Manager who is nowhere near good enough to win the Manager of the Month. All he has done is to be flukey enough
To have an 11 match unbeaten run.

Barnsley board already channelling their inner Sunderland, Ipswich and Wednesday.

"Gotta be one of the worst results in our history. 1-5 at home in 3rd div pub league to a bloody minnow. Hang ya heads in shame. Should all return there wages back to the club" .

Who knew Barnsley are such giants.
To be fair, not the comments I just had from some work mates. "Best side we've seen thus season" "Proper towelling "
Monday, Monday so good to me🤣

What a performance. Perfect afternoon. Buzzing. I was bit unsure if that is good idea to go with so offensive line up (mostly due to injuries)
It well was...
Can you imagine if we played like that from the start of the season ..

Trying to work out which one is the best goal. Difficult. I think I like the third goal. Heavy Press, tackle by house, great pass, back heal by Taylor and then Mandy embarrassed a few before a precision finish. The fifth goal was nearly as good as the second, nearly identical except for the goalie saved it before a scrambled finish.

Last edited:
I like the way Moylan carries the ball - close control, quick feet and balance even when he's on 'the wrong foot'; the Irish right footed Messi :grinning: Defenders will hate that combination of skills driving at them and it causes a wave of disruption throughout the back line.

We saw it a couple of times against Stevenage when it broke down on the edge of the box; today he got the breaks.

I don't mind it breaking down when it's in the right areas, and it has been so far.

Well that has to be the best away day I’ve seen in years. No doubt already we’ll described but following a very tight even first half, with a fine break and goal from Taylor I might add, we just blew them away in the second. Three wonderful strikes and a much welcome first for Makama. No point in describing them. The highlights will do them the justice they deserve. Absolute masterclass away performance. UTI 👊💥💥💥💥💥👏

Trying to work out which one is the best goal. Difficult. I think I like the third goal. Heavy Press, tackle by house, great pass, back heal by Taylor and then Mandy embarrassed a few before a precision finish. The fourth goal was nearly as good as the second, nearly identical except for the goalie saved it before a scambled finish.

Fourth goal was Moylan's long range effort 😉