Match Thread: Barnsley v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Barnsley v Lincoln City

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-Oakwell-Barnsley-scaled.jpg

So, we're back on the road again, this time versus Barnsley in League One...

Ahead of the match, don't forget to:

- Have a go at the quiz (link below).
- Vote on the poll (link below).
- Read what Michael Skubala said ahead of the match (link below).
- Read about today's referee (link below).

Following the match, don't forget to:

- Share your views on this thread!
- Nominate your Man of The Match (the thread will be started following the final whistle).
- Vote on the Man of The Match poll once nominations have ended.

Apprehensive about this one.

I just can't see a midfield of Erhahan, Bishop and Moylan (or Mandroiu) coping in an away game against one of the better sides.

Bishop struggles away, especially against the more physical teams. Danny can either be in the game or - more often - totally out of it. And Moylan is unproven as yet.

Hopefully I will be surprised!

Although by the law of averages we are overdue to concede a goal or two....the fact we have been so good defensively should give us a decent chance today.

Haven't lost much in terms of attacking ability...and I am not sure Hamilton and McGrandles have actually played together, certainly not much....

so really it's only Moylan or Mandroiu for McGrandles or Hamilton.

Not ideal but hardly the decimated area the attacking part of the team was before Christmas.

Probably only one spot short of our best team should be available.

No idea on the result but should be a good game, in which we will have our chances.

Going with hope rather than expectation. If we play to our strengths and they are a bit off their game, then we might surprise a few people. The 2,000 travelling Imps should spur us on.

Sounds like Jackson and Burroughs are available so we're better in terms of numbers than last week, with the obvious issue in CM.

I don't think it'll happen but it wouldn't surprise me if we threw a curveball in there and played House in CM with Draper and Taylor up front.

Team news will be live on the link below at 14:00!