Match Thread: Barnsley v Lincoln City | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Barnsley v Lincoln City

FT. WOW - what an unbelievable result, and performance. Barnsley were superb in the last half of the first half. Lincoln completely dominated the second half. They were composed and clinical with their finishing. Jack Moylan was absolutely brilliant. Danny Mandriou at last played like we know he can. The defence stood firm, and were under immense pressure at times, but amazingly Barnsley just couldn’t finish us off. Absolutely brilliant 👏👏👏. The ref was so nit-picking and could easily have spoiled the game. Yes, we are also a lot more street-wise than we used to be, which has helped us become more like the teams we usually get beaten by. Just superb. BTW - I did wonder if we are something of a bogey team for Barnsley as we’ve picked up some decent wins in recent times, but not like that.

Wow.

Where do you even start with that?

We were unreal in our attacking third - we could’ve had 7 or 8!

Fantastic result and performance. Apart from the last 15-20 of the first half, we were never really under the cosh.

Shouldn’t go unnoticed that Moylan’s first goal all started from his tenacity in midfield to win the ball back. Hell of a strike for his second, too.

One of Mandriou’s better games. Set up the first with a wonderful ball, and his finish was classy.

A quick word on their commentators: thought they were very fair and complementary towards us. Certainly one of the better commentary teams I’ve listened to this year.

6 points off play offs. Who knows?

Barnsley board already channelling their inner Sunderland, Ipswich and Wednesday.

"Gotta be one of the worst results in our history. 1-5 at home in 3rd div pub league to a bloody minnow. Hang ya heads in shame. Should all return there wages back to the club" .

Who knew Barnsley are such giants.

Wow.

Where do you even start with that?

We were unreal in our attacking third - we could’ve had 7 or 8!

Fantastic result and performance. Apart from the last 15-20 of the first half, we were never really under the cosh.

Shouldn’t go unnoticed that Moylan’s first goal all started from his tenacity in midfield to win the ball back. Hell of a strike for his second, too.

One of Mandriou’s better games. Set up the first with a wonderful ball, and his finish was classy.

A quick word on their commentators: thought they were very fair and complementary towards us. Certainly one of the better commentary teams I’ve listened to this year.

6 points off play offs. Who knows?

I thought their commentary was very fair too.

Barnsley board already channelling their inner Sunderland, Ipswich and Wednesday.

"Gotta be one of the worst results in our history. 1-5 at home in 3rd div pub league to a bloody minnow. Hang ya heads in shame. Should all return there wages back to the club" .

Who knew Barnsley are such giants.
Funny how so many clubs call us a pub team, strange that we were a Football League club six years before Barnsley were.