Marinakis entitled? | Vital Football

Marinakis entitled?

44two

Vital Youth Team
Alex Ferguson and Man U expected, and got, all 50-50 and 40-60 calls the last ten - fifteen years of his reign. (30-70 calls also, to be fair).

Marinakis is used to Olympiakos getting the same treatment in Greece.

It is no wonder his Forest Premiership Experience, constantly being at the wrong end of objective 70-30, 60-40 and 50-50 calls, drives him crazy.

Marinakis (and Olympiakos) are as entitled as the top six of the Premiership.
Forest are not in the top six.
Culture crash!

Alex Ferguson and Man U expected, and got, all 50-50 and 40-60 calls the last ten - fifteen years of his reign. (30-70 calls also, to be fair).

Marinakis is used to Olympiakos getting the same treatment in Greece.

It is no wonder his Forest Premiership Experience, constantly being at the wrong end of objective 70-30, 60-40 and 50-50 calls, drives him crazy.

Marinakis (and Olympiakos) are as entitled as the top six of the Premiership.
Forest are not in the top six.
Culture crash!
An interesting view.

And it's also interesting to use the word "entitled", which suggests someone demanding something they are not due

We should all feel entitled to correct and reasonable refereeing decisions of course.

I know you are talking about 50-50s and 40-60s here.

Marinakis is demanding and entitled as an owner and he wants forest fans to be the same. It's been reported that he is disappointed in Forest fans' support of Cooper, thinking they should be more demanding of the side and more impatient for success.

I'm not sure if this would be a good thing or not. Would Forest fans having higher expectations/ demands of the side, would us becoming more "entitled" help or hinder the team?

I would suggest the latter?

Depends on whether the ref owns a bakery.

It is a constant irritant that Man U’s biggest fan base is in London ⁉️ Similarly with Liverpool, fans all over the country with no association with the club. As referees are a sub section of society in general, is it really a surprise that any bias that exists is predicated towards the top 6?

An interesting view.

And it's also interesting to use the word "entitled", which suggests someone demanding something they are not due

We should all feel entitled to correct and reasonable refereeing decisions of course.

Marinakis is demanding and entitled as an owner and he wants forest fans to be the same. It's been reported that he is disappointed in Forest fans' support of Cooper, thinking they should be more demanding of the side and more impatient for success.

I'm not sure if this would be a good thing or not. Would Forest fans having higher expectations/ demands of the side, would us becoming more "entitled" help or hinder the team?

Has Merry Knackers ever kept a manager long enough at Oly for the fans to develop a rapport..?

An interesting view.

442 is right about olympiacos in Greece. they are football royalty and fully comparable top 6 mentality.

agree with you both- our history with entitlement was learned well when clough took us down.

still perhaps a little bit of both will help balance things out? tbh maybe merry knackers deserves some credit.

We are not talking about disgruntlement after losing a 70/30, 60/40 or even a 50/50. He is disgruntled about downright 100% bad decisions. 100% incorrect decision. Not once or twice but every other game. This wasn’t entitlement. Every fan, even ones without red coloured specs on could see injustice was done. Not once, twice or three times which happens with you win some you lose some. This was a season of 14 incorrect calls. 100% wrong. Not iffy. Plain bad calls. On top of a season of mixed calls. We have gone two games in a row without a referee debatable major decision, usually a howler, for the first time this year not counting cup games. It literally was every other week. Not entitlement.

We are not talking about disgruntlement after losing a 70/30, 60/40 or even a 50/50. He is disgruntled about downright 100% bad decisions. 100% incorrect decision. Not once or twice but every other game. This wasn’t entitlement. Every fan, even ones without red coloured specs on could see injustice was done. Not once, twice or three times which happens with you win some you lose some. This was a season of 14 incorrect calls. 100% wrong. Not iffy. Plain bad calls. On top of a season of mixed calls. We have gone two games in a row without a referee debatable major decision, usually a howler, for the first time this year not counting cup games. It literally was every other week. Not entitlement.
Great post Polly

Paywall. On a scale of 1 to 10, how bad is it Pope?
I'm so disappointed that you believe I willingly pay for the Daily Mail 😄

In seriousness, I posted the link before I read the article (that's how dedicated I am to the good people of this forum) and only realised it was a paywall after.

I'd ask @toms to summarise but I think the Mail is a bit too woke and left wing for him to subscribe to

In seriousness, I posted the link before I read the article (that's how dedicated I am to the good people of this forum) and only realised it was a paywall after.

I'd ask @toms to summarise but I think the Mail is a bit too woke and left wing for him to subscribe to
I didn't think it was exactly your morning reading of choice, but since you'd shared the link I thought you'd maybe opted for the "free month" that I can't be arsed to sign up for.

The airplane can be a useful tool.

Article spends ages describing his flat.

He talks at length about how Gary Neville's words were wrong and the PL did nothing

Talks about the tweet and referees. They had all three Everton decisions analysed by AI apparently and they were all penalties.

The only interesting bit is about P&S. He basically hints that other clubs have cooked their books for years to obscure owner investment or inflate revenues. But we did it transparently and got punished. I get the impression he isn't just talking about Man City

Says no one has ever invested £250m in this county and it lacks a leader.

Talks about the stadium and he fancies a huge sustainable sports village

The airplane can be a useful tool.

Article spends ages describing his flat.

He talks at length about how Gary Neville's words were wrong and the PL did nothing

Talks about the tweet and referees. They had all three Everton decisions analysed by AI apparently and they were all penalties.

The only interesting bit is about P&S. He basically hints that other clubs have cooked their books for years to obscure owner investment or inflate revenues. But we did it transparently and got punished. I get the impression he isn't just talking about Man City

Says no one has ever invested £250m in this county and it lacks a leader.

Talks about the stadium and he fancies a huge sustainable sports village
I agree with him about PSR/FFP. Until the government started getting serious about appointing a regulator they didn’t give a toss about charging anyone. All those years when they have been in place and clubs spending like drunken sailors and no one breached anything?

But it is clear the future of the City Ground needs resolving.

'It will change the history in years to come of the region and the team for our supporters,' he [Merry Knackers] said.

'It'll be hard to leave City Ground, but in an age when revenue streams dictate success on the pitch, there's no doubt moving to a bigger facility will set the club on the right path.'

Apart from the AI analysis, it doesn't tell us much we did not know.

Gary Neville is a c * n t

Richard Masters is a c * n t

Respective lawyers are in for a big pay day.

It was a nice touch pointing out that Neville is a Director at Salford which means he comes under FA jurisdiction.

The FA must be sat there wondering what the implications will be of not taking action against him.

I agree with him about PSR/FFP. Until the government started getting serious about appointing a regulator they didn’t give a toss about charging anyone. All those years when they have been in place and clubs spending like drunken sailors and no one breached anything?
Exactly.

The idea that clubs all complied perfectly with P&S for years until we came along or suddenly Everton went mad is just laughable

Don't forget Leicester. They breached too, it's only relegation that stopped them being charged at the same time. So suddenly 3 clubs face breach when nobody has done for years.
I'm suspicious of Leicester. We need to see their numbers soon and so they get points deduction before the seasons starts ideally. We had a late penalty compared to Everton giving us less time to get the points back.

I wouldn't be surprised if Leicester massaged the books the previous year too.