Man's best friend | Page 34 | Vital Football

Man's best friend

Is that you agreeing or wondering why I'd never heard of it lol

Genuinely hadn't, the three dogs before it was never an issue and unless we were just never told (but I certainly don't remember treatment for it on my childhood dog) both families let the kid dogs out at night and both had Ward End park to roam, including the lake and all the long grass that was there.

2/3 weeks ago I remember her buckling with her paw but it wasn't painful and she just trotted on, so I assumed it was a dip in the green and she's had no trouble since other than the lump appearing and her licking it to bleed point.

According to the vet that's why it took so long to get her in as they'd had a spate of this again given the time of year, but I can only think she must have found the only stray long piece of 'seed bearing grass' that exists where we walk.

Next time you need prescriptions though matey, drop us a line. Our vet on the eldest's last issue said basically don't pay us, look at these websites as it'll work out far cheaper.

Is that you agreeing or wondering why I'd never heard of it lol

Genuinely hadn't, the three dogs before it was never an issue and unless we were just never told (but I certainly don't remember treatment for it on my childhood dog) both families let the kid dogs out at night and both had Ward End park to roam, including the lake and all the long grass that was there.

2/3 weeks ago I remember her buckling with her paw but it wasn't painful and she just trotted on, so I assumed it was a dip in the green and she's had no trouble since other than the lump appearing and her licking it to bleed point.

According to the vet that's why it took so long to get her in as they'd had a spate of this again given the time of year, but I can only think she must have found the only stray long piece of 'seed bearing grass' that exists where we walk.

Next time you need prescriptions though matey, drop us a line. Our vet on the eldest's last issue said basically don't pay us, look at these websites as it'll work out far cheaper.
As Sil says, known problem, especially with Springers and Cockers.
Cost a bloody fortune at the vets.

lol, after youngest stopped howling at former neighbour tonight when she got the fuss she wanted and we had the cone of shame chat, she was amazed I didn't know and actually picked one out to show me what I should look for. So I've learnt something.

Not sure why I just remembered this (maybe it's because I'm getting as close to how drunk I was last night and my memory is working better lol) but on my last trip out front with the dogs yesterday they were both happily lying down on the lawn, and then all of a sudden sat up looking curious.

I glanced around and noticed a fox trotting merrily down the path - it then suddenly froze and stared for all of about half a second, before promptly doing a 180, crossing the road in the process to gain further distance, and disappeared back into the night.

I just started giggling like a school girl because it struck me as hard man walks into a pub, looks at a bar and thinks - nah, time to go elsewhere - the dogs looked at me giggling, and laid back down for another 20 minutes.

I'm usually the one telling the missus to shut up and quieten down, but even she popped her head out the window to remind me of the time and quieten down.

I probably found it more funny because we have a cat round here called Sid, cute little thing who loves a fuss and always tries to start a little play fight after a fuss, but he's a ballsy fucker and he triggers them both - normally cause when sat in the front garden he'll deliberately walk to the other side of the road from the opposite end of the green and just sit down staring at them.

About 10 mins before the fox came down, Sid did. Realised they were there and that he was closer than ever before, and promptly shifted into the middle of the road and sat down again - so I was already tickled by the fact he 'owned' the situation once he'd extended the distance by about 3 metres. He is the typical hooligan video JF posts up - 'come on then' whilst bouncing backwards.

Yes, I know I'm simple.

Gotta love kids. Had a new one tonight, was fussing them both for 2 mins before he asked 'do they bite?' The regulars were all concerned with the eldest's cone of shame and whether she'd be alright (does she need an operation one 3ft'er asked) but I found it cute.

Then at end of walk met a totally new mum and her lass and whilst keeping a clear 5ft distance between us (the kid was enthralled and wanted to fuss) but the mum giggled 'fucking jesus it looks like a wolf' and dragged the kid away - that set me off as well.

Gotta love kids. Had a new one tonight, was fussing them both for 2 mins before he asked 'do they bite?' The regulars were all concerned with the eldest's cone of shame and whether she'd be alright (does she need an operation one 3ft'er asked) but I found it cute.

Then at end of walk met a totally new mum and her lass and whilst keeping a clear 5ft distance between us (the kid was enthralled and wanted to fuss) but the mum giggled 'fucking jesus it looks like a wolf' and dragged the kid away - that set me off as well.
We went to look at a house yesterday, and it's nearest neighbours are the dog and wolf study group.
They have a number of Wolves. Cute.

Thought melon pooch had a tick on her face.

Tweezers later, turns out it’s just bit of skin.

Ouch.

Sorry melon pooch.
Oh Melon, ours wouldn't talk to me for a month if I did that. Hope yours is more forgiving. Having said that I cut her ear with the clippers last week, trying to remove a piece of dead bramble, and she took it quite well. We are speaking again

From tomorrow onwards - good luck everyone! lol

On a related point, anyone got any experience with solar powered fans and what kind of effect they have on an out house's temperature - or whether they work full stop?

Finally twigged the doggy out house is perfect in winter, but is going to be a bloody sauna from about 3pm onwards for the next few days, so we've already got a cover up given the plastic roof (and today both of them have basically just stayed in lying in front of the new fan) but I wondered about air movement and whether anyone else had any experience?

Never a quiet moment with a Springer. Mrs wittonite is sat enjoying the weather and eating a sausage bap. A butterfly lands on her head, the dog sees it, leaps onto wife's lap, makes a grab at the butterfly, butterfly escaped, but the sausage bap goes flying in the air, and the pup is straight on it. Had to cook more sausages.
Bloody thing.