Man's best friend | Page 33 | Vital Football

Man's best friend

My sisters Cocker Spaniel decided next door was more attractive recently. To such an extent he destroyed the lower slats on 4 panels. As you all say, it wasn't cheap to get 4 new ones. I've added extra boards to stop him.
Our monster has suddenly quietened down a little bit, my wife is now talking about getting a little working Cocker.
I read your tales re your sisters dog and I think she is mad.

it reminds me of the time a couple of years ago on the cashen estuary back in kerry. i was looking after my sisters labrador chalkie, and took him and my 2 dogs
down for a swim, all of a sudden chalkie was missing, i could not see him anywhere. until i spotted him in the distance on his way to the atlantic ,heart pounding i ran over fields, climb down banks through shingle and seaweed, shouting and screaming, until the fecker heard me and turned round, no more swimming after that,,,seanie

I only actually logged back on to say our eldest rushed in panting and sat down until me and the missus basically attacked her. She didn't want a fuss, or food, she wanted a proper doggy fight and this lasted a good 10 minutes with her bounding out, and then bounding back for the next round - as opposed to us following her.

We even had a couple of hops again.

Youngest got jealous (howls until we called her over as well) so got involved and they were barging each other in the process, I'm knackered lol Missus might not wake up tomorrow and we both stayed on the settee.

First time she's consistently come back like that really but more importantly, particularly for that long. I think we've broke the aloof bugger. When she was done and she ignored the call back, I tried the usual 'kiss' action, and she came to me, gave me a wash, and then fucked off outside lol

I think dogs should run the country.

If you are referencing Covid, I concur.
Think I am over it and it keeps dragging me back.

Yeah covid, holidays, couple of other things. Mrs M is back off work after a covid relapse and has tonsillitis ( Dr says will be related to covid). I am still testing positive 8 days later . Know what you mean r.e dragging back.

Anyway. This is darkening my favourite thread so back on joyful pooches. Melon pooch was 5 on Monday. Unbelievable where the time goes and need to make the most of every bit of time with them.

Well it appears our eldest managed to gain herself a grass seed (a completely new thing to me) just above her paw the other week and having finally got her into the vet's today - she's now sporting a cone of shame so she can't keep licking it and making it worse.

We have discovered she really has no depth perception or awareness of her turning circle and on top of the additional vet bill, we will quite possibly have to redecorate as well as funding treatment for our own arms and legs given how often the cone of shame has now scratched us.

I wouldn't mind, but I don't let them run through fields of long grass anyway, so I have no idea how she did this and the only grass they both go on is our gardens and the three greens we have on the street which are mowed!

:arrghh:

Well it appears our eldest managed to gain herself a grass seed (a completely new thing to me) just above her paw the other week and having finally got her into the vet's today - she's now sporting a cone of shame so she can't keep licking it and making it worse.

We have discovered she really has no depth perception or awareness of her turning circle and on top of the additional vet bill, we will quite possibly have to redecorate as well as funding treatment for our own arms and legs given how often the cone of shame has now scratched us.

I wouldn't mind, but I don't let them run through fields of long grass anyway, so I have no idea how she did this and the only grass they both go on is our gardens and the three greens we have on the street which are mowed!

:arrghh:
Never heard of that one Mike ?!
We had bouts of ear infections, go to vet , quick inspection, painkillers etc £150 later.
Now the Mrs (she's a nurse) just gives them half a paracetamol.
My brother In law is a vet and he's worth several millions. Obnoxious ****** too. Don't go the vet if you can avoid it.