Man's best friend | Page 32 | Vital Football

Man's best friend

Should that not be in the tortoise/turtle thread?

Nah, it is great mate, you know what I really think about you leaving your four walls.

I'd forgotten we had a thread for those issues lol and yes, I know what you really think - you couldn't give a toss unless I get work back to you in a timely manner PMSL

No problem saying it, your kick the other year when you knew where I was, ended up perfect, and as you know one of the reasons for going the doggy route again was to force me to get out the house and it has worked out far better than I hoped for and it's also helped with the kids - so with them settling so well, it's just been a total win in this house and for me on a personal level.

I'm out of the four walls twice daily as minimum, usually more now - fresh air, more interaction, the sun (or usually the rain in this country), fitness benefits - in some ways I really wish I hadn't let myself slip so far as I'd love to run with the buggers more often, but given how they pull and the strength they have I've built up to being absolutely totally fucked after about 15/20 metres.

Again though, I couldn't have done in the first month we had them - it'd have probably killed me lol

So glad you're enjoying it. I'm happy helping friends, so it's not full time. My head couldn't take it if it was. I'd have a springer tomorrow if health allowed
Noticed both you and Mike reference Springers.
I am so pleased that we have our new addition to the family, but yes, I had completely forgotten how much hard work they are.
This little girl is only small, but she is in your face and full on, much more so than the last one. She really pushes my buttons, so much so, that we are on lead walks only for the foreseeable future following her recent antics.
As Mike said, this one has cost us more in vets bills in the seven months we have had her than the last one in twelve years.
Wife wanted a lapdog type thing this time, but wouldn't swap her for anything now, even talk of another one when she is eighteen months old.
No chance of sliding into old age quietly.

If your Springer is between 9 and 15 months old, Witton, you'll find she clams down in a year or two.

Mind you, we did meet an 8 year Old Cocker recently that was still mental.

Let's face it. Who wants a boring dog? I look after some English Bulldogs, and they do nothing, ever. It's boring.

Incredible how they just lie there when you empty the clean stuff out, but as soon as the refill starts they're up and ready to start licking.

We put the child stair gates (we had kept from when the kids were young) on the kitchen door and at the bottom of the stairs when we bought pooch home as a pup.

The kitchen one remains up and always will be !.

We put the child stair gates (we had kept from when the kids were young) on the kitchen door and at the bottom of the stairs when we bought pooch home as a pup.

The kitchen one remains up and always will be !.
Our kids are in their 30s and 40s so had to buy the stair gates. The house is upside down design and our pooch is confined to the kitchen until she's a bit older. When dish washer is filled or food is served she is in her cage.

Incredible how they just lie there when you empty the clean stuff out, but as soon as the refill starts they're up and ready to start licking.
my one dog wont go near the dishwasher anymore as the one time he was doing the pre-wash lick and somehow managed to get his collar tied up in the bottom tray and when he pulled away he took the whole lot with him with plates crashing everywhere , scared the shit out of himself

Our youngest met next doors cat for the second time today. It went better than expected but I think I've found a new section of fence that needs repairing lol
Good luck with timber prices down B&Q mate . Merge with cost of living crisis thread if you see fit.

Oh I'll be bodging it from existing material - I'm too cheap lol It's neighbours fence panel, but it looked like one of the slats was wobbling, so easy enough fix when I can be bothered.

Wood prices are ridiculous now though, couldn't believe the cost when we did the mini out house the other month for the dogs and we used a local lumber yard rather than a B&Q as they've always been cheaper.

Oh I'll be bodging it from existing material - I'm too cheap lol It's neighbours fence panel, but it looked like one of the slats was wobbling, so easy enough fix when I can be bothered.

Wood prices are ridiculous now though, couldn't believe the cost when we did the mini out house the other month for the dogs and we used a local lumber yard rather than a B&Q as they've always been cheaper.
My son says it's embarrassing quoting for fencing jobs these days with the price of timber.