Manchester United FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur | Page 5 | Vital Football

Manchester United FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur

His tackle percentage and number is disproportionately higher though and as a defender that's a pretty key thing to be good at. Plus considering the diagonals he plays that pass percentage is impressive.

Slightly surprised by his duel success but shows why he and Vertonghen are a good partnership if they have different strengths. Both read the game excellently too.

The missing interesting stat might be 'Avg Duels per Game', which I think for Toby might be a fair bit lower than all the others.

If he were to play his position such that his need to defend 1v1's was substantially reduced (which many would consider quality play), it is most likely that his actual 'Duel' stuations would then occur when faced with the best of the opponents (or those that are able to defeat his superior positional play). Then, his success % in those situations would be much lower than say if he were facing up against the 7th best opponent on the field.

If only there were a metric for "Non-Mistake %".

Tomorrow could redeem itself for me if we win. My day is already mapped out and I don't like it. It starts with my missus suggesting we get up early, go up the tip with garden shyte, then go and buy her a plant from the garden centre.

My day starts crap and could end crap. I will gladly take the bitter pill of domestic bliss if we win. If we lose......I will take it on the chin as always but be like a grumpy old bear.

Tomorrow could redeem itself for me if we win. My day is already mapped out and I don't like it. It starts with my missus suggesting we get up early, go up the tip with garden shyte, then go and buy her a plant from the garden centre.

My day starts crap and could end crap. I will gladly take the bitter pill of domestic bliss if we win. If we lose......I will take it on the chin as always but be like a grumpy old bear.

Prepare to be grumpy Nick

Looking forward to the game. Keep a clean sheet and score 5 and we go top! EASY. COME ON YOU SPURS!

How’s the time to strike! Start as we mean top progress.

Sorry about the stupid text in my last post. I tried to edit it but the iPad wouldn’t put up a put up the keyboard, it doesn’t work well a lot of the time with the Vital Spurs system, don’t know why. Last line should have read, “Now’s the time to strike, Start as we mean to progress!”
New fangled machines, it weren’t like this when I was a lad. Tyndales press worked really well.

Looking at the table, 1 point would be an OK worse case scenario for me!
3 points would mean us being the first London team to beat them at their place since 2014 and would be a MASSIVE statement from us!

I feel as though the Lloris story has been swept aside and not much made of it too, so who knows, he could play after all.

We have to go full out, and not wimp or come away with another hard luck story.

This game could well help define the first half of this season; win this and we've made a massive statement, draw and we show we can get a result at a tough venue - lose and it's almost same old same old...

We are going to win this game. I don't know what all the angst is about.

According to London Evening Standard's live poll. nearly 3000 people have voted and the consensus is a draw that could sway in the favour of Spurs.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 16.13.37.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 16.13.37.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 1