Manchester United FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur | Page 4 | Vital Football

Manchester United FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur

Our MF is my main concern. Our attack and defence is pretty much nailed on apart form whether we start with Lucas or Lamela. How do you predict our MF will shape up ?

Our MF is my main concern. Our attack and defence is pretty much nailed on apart form whether we start with Lucas or Lamela. How do you predict our MF will shape up ?

Last season, we had played about 20 games in a 4-2-3-1 shape when we met Utd in the semi-final. That included putting Son up top when Kane was out i.e. tweaking it a little but basically the same formation. It wasn't hard for us or Mourinho to predict most of our line-up and how we'd play.

This season, Poch has played home and away and changed formations and players already. He's switched from a 2 man flat midfield to a diamond pulling Eriksen and Dele back into things.

I just hope Mourinho is as confused as I am about what Poch will do :-)

No reason to doubt we have a chance at the three points there...

_________Hugo_________
Tripp_Toby_Vert_Davies
________Moose_________
_____Eriksen__Dele_____
Lucas____________Lamela
_________Kane___________

[Vorm, Snchz, Dier, Winks, Aurier, KWP, Onomah]

Spurs 3 - Manure 2
(Kane 3)

COYS!

No reason to doubt we have a chance at the three points there...

_________Hugo_________
Tripp_Toby_Vert_Davies
________Moose_________
_____Eriksen__Dele_____
Lucas____________Lamela
_________Kane___________

[Vorm, Snchz, Dier, Winks, Aurier, KWP, Onomah]

Spurs 3 - Manure 2
(Kane 3)

COYS!

4-3-3 is the way to go, and when Son will be back he'll ingest a lot more pace to that front 3.

Thought about it, and decided I'd rather have the better player on the field for the first part of the game.

Better at attack or defending ? Dier is more protection , Dembo will run thru tired players last 30 minutes. I can't call it either to be honest.

Last match Dembele shielded defence better than Dier.

An in form dier is different to what we've seen from him over the Summer.

I thought this game was tomorrow? Did it change or am I out to lunch?

Given the last games played by us and them we should be very confident of 3 points....but history dictates that when we should we don't....will we have finally got rid of the 'spursy' ghost ....or BAU!

Food for thought; Vert comes out head and shoulders above Toby...?

Even compared against Manure's preferred Centre backs...?

Except perhaps Tackles...

Worse still, Sanchez and Vert have better outcome stats than Vert and Toby....

hmmmm..

"Spurs are relaxed about the situation. When Alderweireld suffered a bad hamstring injury against Real Madrid in November last year, many wondered how Tottenham would cope without him, but they won the game and continued to thrive. Vertonghen, 31, had his best season for the club and Davinson Sánchez’s progress in his first season in England was fast. After Alderweireld returned in February he started three league games, against Brighton & Hove Albion, West Bromwich Albion and Leicester City, winning only one."

His tackle percentage and number is disproportionately higher though and as a defender that's a pretty key thing to be good at. Plus considering the diagonals he plays that pass percentage is impressive.

Slightly surprised by his duel success but shows why he and Vertonghen are a good partnership if they have different strengths. Both read the game excellently too.