Manchester United FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur | Page 3 | Vital Football

Manchester United FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur

We have lost our last 4 Premier League games at Old Trafford. Hardly anything to shout home about. That proves we still have mentality issues.

I believe we can get a result up at OT, I agree that it's been a mental block. This team is getting mentally stronger every season, even though we didn't manage to get a result on the last couple of occasion our performances were good.
We are due a win and this is the best start we've had under Poch, part our weakness has been our slow start to previous seasons. With the late arrival back of our WC players I had concerns, but the fact that we managed to win two games when we are clearly not at our best is very positive in my view

We have lost our last 4 Premier League games at Old Trafford. Hardly anything to shout home about. That proves we still have mentality issues.
And they've last the last 3 at our place(s). Always said Utd have a soft underbelly, Mourinho teams are known for their lack of winning mentality.

Muttley that neurolizer idea would be great, I could definitely use a blast of it as I find it impossible to limit my memory of events to just the last three years. lol

Now I've loved watching us over the past three seasons, don't get me wrong, but that two decade stretch where our record against Arse, Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea was nothing short of disgraceful and is not easily forgotten ... for me at least, if the rest of you can manage that, then fair play.

No excuses we must humiliate them in front of their own crowd & break our hoodoo.I was at the Amex on Sunday & I can't believe that lovely little Brighton are better than Spurs.But Brighton dominated the whole game .It was that easy. Press them all over the pitch & use the flanks to get crosses into the box.They had no answer.

Massive game for Son tomorrow against Iran (12:30pm local time). If he loses, he could still make the Utd squad for Monday. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Son was quoted by the London Evening Standard as saying: “I can’t say I’m 100 per cent sure to win the gold medal. We are on the way to make something, and to win some trophies.
“I always follow Tottenham – I was very happy because Lucas [Moura] scored his first Premier League goal for us, and Harry [Kane] scored in August.
“I’m following wherever I go. When they play Manchester United [on Monday] I will support them. Conversations with Lucas Moura, Eric Lamela, Harry, we have a lot of good players. I think this will make our team stronger and stronger.”

Gotta love this guy !!!

The pressure is on M.U. even more so when they look at citeh and pool, the fans will be looking at there nearest neighbours and start getting on their backs.
We must grab this opportunity.

As others have pointed out it will probably be a much changed side for them and the inclusion of Matic will make them much stronger. We have had a good start points wise but have rode our luck in both games. We cannot continue to waste chances, a fault from last season carried forward, or make horrendous defensive errors and expect to win. Consistency of the good kind needs to arrive sooner rather than later.

I think we'll lose, I'd be happy(ish) with a point, we could/should easily win it.

My heads all over the place for this one lol

The pressure is on M.U. even more so when they look at citeh and pool, the fans will be looking at there nearest neighbours and start getting on their backs.
We must grab this opportunity.

The good news for us is the highly visible contiuing spat between Pogba's agent and the club/legends.

It's beginning to smell of a club in disarray as 'The special needs one' didn't get his way and didn't get either Toby or Rose (and yes at one point he wanted both)..

You can't help but feel that the rat is getting ready to abandon ship or force himself to get chucked over-board, he has a history of doing just that in his Third year at a club or when he doesn't get his demands met....

His current demeanour is pretty disgraceful for a Manager in such a huge club, but he clearly (at least to me) has a self-presevation mode that kicks in and he makes history repeat itself; at Porto for 2 and a half years then off to the chavs which lasted 3 years, Inter just 2 years, Real Madrid a whole 3 years then of course that spitful Second term at the classles Chavs that onlyu lasted 2 years and now he has been at Man Utd just over 2 years ....see the pattern?

I can't help but think he wants another sacking as he probably knows that delivering what The Manure want the most - another PL trophy is almost certainly a pipe dream - sadly, ManC are just too far ahead of just about everyone - they've invested / spent nearly £1.5 billion since , the Manure are nearly 500 mill short of that...

So the whole atmosphere at the Manure is looking suspect with mixed messages and poor leadership; - let's hope it stays that way for Next Monday.

What's interesting is that Spurs have never worried about Matic. He never plays his best football against us and his lack of pace gets exposed. On the flip side, Pogba always seems to get one over Dembele and seems to nullify Eriksen more than most managers in these big games.

It's time for Dele to step from the shadows and own it.

What's interesting is that Spurs have never worried about Matic. He never plays his best football against us and his lack of pace gets exposed. On the flip side, Pogba always seems to get one over Dembele and seems to nullify Eriksen more than most managers in these big games.

It's time for Dele to step from the shadows and own it.

The Matic/Kante pairing gave us a lot of trouble 2 seasons ago. In the right setup he is a proper force, and poses an attacking threat Wanyama/Dembo could only dream of.