Manchester City vs Aston Villa match thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

Manchester City vs Aston Villa match thread

One other thing . Their fans were an embarrassment , never known a ground so quiet , even Arsenals. They were massively outplayed in the support department.
It was unreal wasn't it where i was to right of level 1 there was a couple of hundred that looked like genuine fans that at least tried to create an atmosphere but I looked at the rest of the ground whilst they were singing and it was stony silence it was just motionless just sitting there it was absolutely crap.

I think it would be mate, Villa Park is full but it's getting quieter each game as the reality is setting in .
Winning 3 or 4 every week is just routine now for City complete new breed of fans
You need to swap your seat and come up the back of K4 57.

Couldn't care less if we were the best team in the world....winning 3-0 and leaving after 80 minutes would never enter my head. Most Villa fans that go every week would I think say the same. The fact that so many did leave early added to the fact that all I could hear were Villa fans singing in the last 10minutes tells you everything you need to know about Man City fans in comparison to ours.

I don't really blame their fans. They used to have a great support even in the days of Shawn Goater and playing in the 3rd tier. The billions they have spent mean that they get to compete against the best clubs in the world and we aren't one of them yet. I'd imagine they get a lot of tourists and glory hunters down there too. If/when we get to that level, Villa Park will be the same.

It was unreal wasn't it where i was to right of level 1 there was a couple of hundred that looked like genuine fans that at least tried to create an atmosphere but I looked at the rest of the ground whilst they were singing and it was stony silence it was just motionless just sitting there it was absolutely crap.

Yes I was in the upper tier and barely heard anything all game.

I don't know about anyone else but It's the arrogance of these top 5 clubs, Man City, Spurs, Arsenal, Man United and Liverpool that I dislike because they have become so accustomed to winning their supporters think they have only got to turn up and wait to be entertained rather encourage the team. I've actually heard more noise from a graveyard than some of these grounds.

Yeah just watched MOTD the commentator and Pep both said we were excellent first half
There you go, something positive. Massive journey ahead and OK we have lost to spurs, arsenal and man city but at least we have shown something in each game. We are learning all the time and God willing will stay up, the future is bright. ????

David Silva has been given the goal by the PL which means it was definitely offside.

Fucking cheats waiting until the game was over when everyone could see this on VAR.
David Silva was given the goal at the time. He celebrated it and it came up on the big screen immediately afterwards that he had scored. It's only when both sides are back on the half way line that VAR then decides that there is not enough evidence that Silva has touched it, gives the goal to De Bruyne, and rules Sterling onside. Surely their own logic dictates that the ref has not made a clear and obvious error in giving Silva the goal so Sterling is offside.

You need to swap your seat and come up the back of K4 57.

That's just it mate I sit on the halfway line and I can tell you that the Witton enders sound louder than the Holte to me the Holte is so big and far away unless you are in it it's not that loud sometimes.
Hence me saying it's getting quieter as the games go on. Everton was bedlam Brighton no so . A lot of moans and groans

The gap between the too teams is bigger now than when we were last in the premier League unfortunately. Man city and Liverpool are on a completely different level to the rest of the top 6 let alone the rest of the league. To get anything from these games you need a fair amount of luck, for them to have an off day and to put in a really great performance. We didn't get the luck as usual. They didn't have an off day and we weren't at our best, though I thought we weren't as bad as some are making out.

Davis must start next weekend but apart from that it's the same team for me. Luiz did well enough to warrant a run in the starting lineup and I thought Trezeguet did well.

That's just it mate I sit on the halfway line and I can tell you that the Witton enders sound louder than the Holte to me the Holte is so big and far away unless you are in it it's not that loud sometimes.
Hence me saying it's getting quieter as the games go on. Everton was bedlam Brighton no so . A lot of moans and groans
Agree with that 57. Occasionally I cant get Holte End tickets and when at the back of K4 its usually bedlam but from elsewhere in the ground what goes on up there does not transfer itself.
I am in the Trinity for the Wolves game and although happy to have a ticket dont enjoy the match day experience as much.
That said last season when the Trinity was open for bigger games it was like a Holte End overspill in the section up by the Holte.

Just a shame their team isn't as poor as their plastic fans, TBF away fans are always louder. A completely different animal to the new plastic half and half tourist fans
This was unreal though Martin they looked like that painted crowd Arsenal used a few years back, when they first moved into the Eithiad it wasn't that bad.

Rest of the ground is generally very quiet apart from when we score from where i am on the Holte TBH. The only time I really hear the north lower is when they are goading the away fans.
I'm still a young buck so not ready to decamp to the more sedate parts of the ground just yet.

Rest of the ground is generally very quiet apart from when we score from where i am on the Holte TBH. The only time I really hear the north lower is when they are goading the away fans.
I'm still a young buck so not ready to decamp to the more sedate parts of the ground just yet.
I am not a young buck, very much an old git, however stay where you are Melon, the rest of the ground is crap.