Manchester City vs Aston Villa match thread | Page 23 | Vital Football

Manchester City vs Aston Villa match thread

So Silva has been credited with the second goal, by all accounts it's a different body who sorts the goals out, the league should put them in charge of the VAR, at least the can make a decision better than the fuc# wits who do it now. VAR would be ok if it was worked like the rugby use it, they have about 8 players in a heap and they make the right decision. Our tosses can't even make the right decision with one player. They are as much use as a chocolate tea pot.

Only just seen that the 2nd goal has officially been given to Silva....congrats to Jon Moss and the wonderful VAR... shafted us for the umpteenth time this season... beyond a joke!

ah but according to the biased commentary I was listening to it's City who hasn't had much luck with VAR, never mentioned a thing about Villa

Signing only one striker (Wesley) over the summer is just negligent. We needed at least 2 bringing in. Now ALL the pressure and focus is on Wesley and yes he deserves criticism but it's getting to be disproportionate now and I blame the management team for that. We need to scrape through to January and then do what should of been done in the summer.

we lose to the champions yet some say we are useless.
we lose to one of the most expensive put together team of superstars but some really expected us to win.
I'm half cut but I'm surrounded by people watching a match that they thought we were excellent apart from a doggy second goal that killed us.
Some fans on here are just on another planet regards expectation.
Played well.
gave away a silly goal, second was offside that killed us.
3 wins on the Trott is fondly forgotten.
some fans are just weird.??
BRAVO that man. My thoughts exactly.

Talk about manage your expectations!

Please remind me where we were a year a go today?

Signing only one striker (Wesley) over the summer is just negligent. We needed at least 2 bringing in. Now ALL the pressure and focus is on Wesley and yes he deserves criticism but it's getting to be disproportionate now and I blame the management team for that. We need to scrape through to January and then do what should of been done in the summer.
We've got no God given right to force clubs/players into doing deals mate.

With all the speculation and the fact that up top we are light by the way we strengthen every other position on the pitch, I think it's quite clear we were in for someone else, we just couldn't get it over the line.

We'll sort it in January.

First goal was a killer after doing pretty well up to that point. Some need to get a reality check....some of the negativity on here is beyond my comprehension at times....Man City have been building for 11 years spending hundreds of millions in the process...we're one year in. That's not an excuse re free hits etc but did we genuinely expect to win today? NO.....were we embarrassed? NO....were there negatives today?....of course.....were there positives?...Have the pundits on BT Sport just said as I'm posting this that we're a decent team and very well coached...YES....are there one or two on here that seem to relish having a dig at our own players, coach, results?........yes...all the bloody time. Seems to be no balance to the arguments of some at all. It's all negative. Man City are a bloody good side. That's a fact, not an excuse.
Amen bro. Tell you what, there's a few people on here I wouldn't want next to me in the trenches ffs

Please, please, please, remember that we have come from knowhere in a short space of time, 12 months ago going bust, promoted off the back of 10 wins with a squad full of old players. Fast forward 5 mins, villa Park full every week and a team surviving in the Premier league. We need a point a game so let's beat the teams around us because I guarantee it will go to the last 3 games with at least 6 teams trying to avoid the drop.
P. S. Leave Wesley alone ffs he's 22 and having to learn fast. Jaun Pablo struggled, get behind the team and ride the wave, we might lose 4 of the next 5, so what, we were fucked 12 months ago and could easily still be in the championship.

Wolves are a pointless comparison really. They added 3 players? this summer. Everyone else has 12 months under their belt in the PL and 24 months in most cases as a squad.

We haven't even got 6 months yet.

Wolves are also buying £34m strikers, getting in players from Real Madrid , AC Milan and Lazio Benfica Bayern. We are behind them until someone pulls the plug on the dodgy dealings

It's not just his fault. There have been howlers at the other end of the field. Mings and Engels have dropped a few gaffs recently.