Manchester City vs Aston Villa match thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

Manchester City vs Aston Villa match thread

I think we would be better playing 4-4-2

Not for me, I'm not a big fan of it and don't think it suits the midfielders we have.
We do need to keep things in perspective as most thought we would get beaten today. It is just a bit frustrating seeing us sit back and invite a team of that quality onto us. Its not playing to our own strengths and always felt like a matter of time before they scored.

This time last season we were thirteenth in the Championship,and struggling. Before this game we were in a slightly better position only in the Premier League. We did not roll over and die today we just got the result that most thought we would before the game and I cant understand the huge negativity with regard to a result we expected. If we were Southampton coming of the back of a 0-9 home defeat I could understand it but not a 3-0 at the home of the English champions.

But why did so many of us predict a loss?

Cos we knew that we haven't got a good enough team to win there.

I know exactly where your coming from, but maybe a bit more patience is needed. Remember we were a scrambled 5th in the championship last season. Dare I say it we may need a couple more players in January. Both to add quality and also competition.

We need to spend big if we are going to avoid flirting with the drop all season.

I think wesley is way out of his depth in the premier league im not seeing any improvement i like Davis he shows lots of enthusiasm but he doesn't score goals the only natural goal scorer we have is Kodja but can he cut it at premier league level we only have these three and there are question marks on all of them.

I think you have the dilemma with Davis shown clearly at the end.
He came on and did more than Wes did in the whole of the game and looks the part for what you want of a center forward away from home, but then doesnt score from a perfectly good chance.
Expected nothing and got nothing, just pissed off we didnt score at the end for my Erod prediction correct score.
Your not giving the keeper credit for coming out and smothering the shot with his body, or the other chance he laid o9n for someone else.

I think wesley is way out of his depth in the premier league im not seeing any improvement i like Davis he shows lots of enthusiasm but he doesn't score goals the only natural goal scorer we have is Kodja but can he cut it at premier league level we only have these three and there are question marks on all of them.

Poor recruitment is costing us by not buying a decent striker.

We need to spend big if we are going to avoid flirting with the drop all season.
Only rumours but haven’t we lined up £20m for a striker in January. Great chance to start Davis against wolves next week, score and he stays in. Boly broke his ankle apparently so they could well be weakened in defence

But why did so many of us predict a loss?

Cos we knew that we haven't got a good enough team to win there.

To be fair Liverpool won't win there, the only teams who win there fluke it when City hit everything bar the net. You don't go there and out football them

Only rumours but haven’t we lined up £20m for a striker in January. Great chance to start Davis against wolves next week, score and he stays in. Boly broke his ankle apparently so they could well be weakened in defence

Weskey cost £22m so God knows what £20m buys us.

Probably some unknown from the mongolian 3rd division.

Your not giving the keeper credit for coming out and smothering the shot with his body, or the other chance he laid o9n for someone else.
Agree re the keeper clambo with regard to your other point that is what I am saying, he did more in the short time he was on than Wes did in the whole of the game.

Who have lost to both wolves and Norwich fucking City.

So what? Does that mean we should have beat them then? Is that how it works?

Next you'll be telling me because Norwich scored 3 against them and we scored 5 against Norwich we should have scored 8 today against City.

So what? Does that mean we should have beat them then? Is that how it works?

Next you'll be telling me because Norwich scored 3 against them and we scored 5 against Norwich we should have scored 8 today against City.

No what I'm saying is they are beatable if you try.