Lovell gone | Page 10 | Vital Football

Lovell gone

Lovell will get his year's payoff and have to keep quiet about the circumstances surrounding his dismissal.

I do agree with Durham, and it's right that Scally doesn't say anything at the moment. Lovell hasn't either. We will find out in due course, maybe, but neither side want to spoil their legal stance, and end up being sued.
Chris Powell for me to take over, and we get back to roaring on The Gills next season :-)

Well Patto clearly knows that job is a poisoned challis. When asked by Radio Kent if he wanted the job he replied with "no chance I want that job, I want to stay but not as manager". He clearly knows what goes on behind the scenes to know what's best for him.
Or maybe he just doesnt want to be a manager at this point in his career. Managers of all kinds have a very limited shelf life it seems. Id defo think twice (or more) about taking on the extra responsibility and risk being out of a job. Id make sure i definitely had the confidemce in my ability before i did.

Or maybe he just doesnt want to be a manager at this point in his career. Managers of all kinds have a very limited shelf life it seems. Id defo think twice (or more) about taking on the extra responsibility and risk being out of a job. Id make sure i definitely had the confidemce in my ability before i did.
He also almost certainly knows what went on with Lovell so his reply is a little revealing.

He also almost certainly knows what went on with Lovell so his reply is a little revealing.

He'll know what happened but his response is hardly revealing. If Patterson has designs on being a manager then at his current age he would have had a manager role by now, even if lower league. He isn't even manager of the reserve or under 18 side in which a successful campaign could be used as a marketing point. Some people are happy to be just a coach without the extra hassle of being the manager.

Remember Martin Allen tried to get rid of Patterson in the summer after we won League 2, but Scally brought him back. The vast majority of our managers have only stayed for 2 years or less, whereas a job with the development squad / youth team etc would have more longevity.

He'll know what happened but his response is hardly revealing. If Patterson has designs on being a manager then at his current age he would have had a manager role by now, even if lower league. He isn't even manager of the reserve or under 18 side in which a successful campaign could be used as a marketing point. Some people are happy to be just a coach without the extra hassle of being the manager.
It is not the reply it is the way it was put that convinces me.Although you could be right about Patto having no desire to manage a team.

I’d be disappointed if Patto agreed with Lovell’s formations recently, but there you go.

The main thing is I want a proper recruitment process, rather than giving the job to someone already in mind. 1 game until the end of the season is ample time without worrying about losing out.

I’d be disappointed if Patto agreed with Lovell’s formations recently, but there you go.

The main thing is I want a proper recruitment process, rather than giving the job to someone already in mind. 1 game until the end of the season is ample time without worrying about losing out.
One thing you can rely upon with scally is that he'll interview about 20 people and review hundreds of cvs etc.

Why? it was not that long ago he said he could not be bothered with interviews. I believe it was when he appointed Pennock.

To be fair to him that was around the time he had serious health problems.

There are more important things in life than business or football.