Lovell gone | Page 8 | Vital Football

Lovell gone

He has always had a hand in the club, even when he managed other clubs around Kent. He was community officer for years, and also played a part in youth development, as well as other rolls.

I know what SL did for the club and the club rewarded him very well and gave him lots of support

Yes which degenerated into PS not answering certain questions about a certain persons attendance at matches, correct? And got rather heated and then PS throwing his toys out the pram, correct? And as a result SL losing his job.

Sounds like PS also had to persuade Patto and Cox not to walk too and to remain for as last two games as he had no-one else to take charge for today and next week, correct?

Sounds like PS also had to persuade Patto and Cox not to walk too and to remain for as last two games as he had no-one else to take charge for today and next week, correct?

This must be bollocks, what about hessy as caretaker for two games?

Peter Taylor?

Scally himself???

Hess if you haven't noticed is doing quite well at Dover and they had a game today as did Taylor at Dagenham.

Your third guess was more likely than the first two, Rob.

Dover’s last game today though, I am aware Hess has turned them around since he went there.

My whole post was tongue in cheek, yet I’m sure if the bespectacled one asked, he would come running. Maybe not Taylor again after last time but you never know.

There are a number of issues
1. Evans has been around watching the last 5/6 home and away games he arrives at 250-255pm at priestfield goes straight up to scallys seated area.
2. There were tickets on the players reception waiting for Evans assistant that Lovell saw when passing through - so what is the poor guy going to be thinking ?
3. Does scally offer him an ultimatum - you can go now or at the end of the season ?either way your position will be terminated?
4. The constant undermining of the lovells position by scally possibly makes it untenable for Lovell to stay.

Also I agree with captain blue that Lovells insurance on that diamond formation at home was his undoing and Lovell wouldn’t budge !

Sorry I meant insistence

There is an edit button if you typo.

There are a lot of speculation and assumptions being made on this thread with an obvious bias to people's comments depending on if you think Scally is the spawn of Satan who every day tries to think of a new way to annoying people on this forum.

All that is clear is that Scally and Lovell had an unexpected breakdown in relationship which made it impossible to Lovell to continue. Whether or not Lovell gave a "back me or sack" me ultimatum and Scally went for the later, or Lovell wasn't happy with Scally's intended plans for next season we won't know but I'm sure there will be plenty of hearsay.

From the master of assumption himself. "It has been said" jeez can you not just make an argument yourself rather than blindly and doggedly defending Scally.

Agreed. Scally must be to blame for someything because he is Scally and must be guilty of something even if we don't know exactly what it is just yet. If we just assume Scally is guilty then it cuts out the middle man and finding fault once more information comes to light.

I'm not defending Scally here but I'm not going to attack him until I know what it is he has actually done. Yeah he sacked Lovell and that is all we know. We don't the circumstances that lead to the breakdown. If Scally intended to fire Lovell anyway this summer and Lovell was fired when he challenged Scally then yeah Scally is Satan etc. If Scally said he intended to hire Evans as a director of football and Lovell objected and said he wouldn't be manager under Evans then that is effectively handing in his resignation. In light of this de facto resignation then maybe Scally thought it better he goes now rather than later.

I heard down Automics that Lovell was drinking in the Queen's Head, and invited Scally for a pint. Lovell gave Scally directions to get to the pub, but unfortunately he sent him half way down Maidstone Road, when he should have sent him half way up Maidstone Road. Lovell was a gonna after that schoolboy error!

I heard down Automics that Lovell was drinking in the Queen's Head, and invited Scally for a pint. Lovell gave Scally directions to get to the pub, but unfortunately he sent him half way down Maidstone Road, when he should have sent him half way up Maidstone Road. Lovell was a gonna after that schoolboy error!
No no Lsb, it was the other way round. I am THE forum expert on Maidstone Road remember.

Sadly Scally has a track record of dumping on staff treating them like dogs doings .While he does show faith in managers at times he also shows a real contempt on occasions such as yesterday. No we are yet to know the all the facts .But there is little doubt Scally has done the dirty on Lovell. My guess is that the whole thing was set up so he has not to pay off any staff.

I don't agree with that. Alot of people on here are voting for Fuller and Hanlon for the player of the year awards.

And when Zak got injured I thought we were in deep do-do but the moving of Ogilvie to centre back has been inspired. I would also say the loan signing of Lopes has also been pretty good. King was the only loan signing that mystified me.

Why I think Scally deserves all the stick he is getting is this "The club will be making no further comment at this time" type approach he always takes. We are his paying customers in case he has not noticed and the mushroom treatment simply will not do. His PR is simply pathetic.

Why I think Scally deserves all the stick he is getting is this "The club will be making no further comment at this time" type approach he always takes. We are his paying customers in case he has not noticed and the mushroom treatment simply will not do. His PR is simply pathetic.

Because statements from either side may have legal implications, it only happened on Friday so formal communications between the club and SL will not have been drawn up - no comments is the correct position

And when Zak got injured I thought we were in deep do-do but the moving of Ogilvie to centre back has been inspired. I would also say the loan signing of Lopes has also been pretty good. King was the only loan signing that mystified me.

King was signed to make up the numbers. Since the rules changed restricting us from signing loan players after the end of Jan clubs have to bring another player or two in to cover in the event of an injury crisis. A waste of resources IMO.