Lovell gone | Page 9 | Vital Football

Lovell gone

He doesn't need defending... but you keep doing so.

"No comments is the correct position"... but he can't help coming back with self justification.

We have been this way before.

Durham - "...that Steve Lovell has been relieved of his duties...".
That statement does not say SL walked, it says he was sacked.

Stop backing up PS regardlessly. As for the technicality of legal implications, the club could have made a statement stating that, but no, Scally shoots his mouth off and nobody may suggest he is not right.

The reality is that until various parties have sought legal advice in situations like this, it’s best to say nothing.

Speaking from experience- albeit in the City, not football

The reality is that until various parties have sought legal advice in situations like this, it’s best to say nothing.

Speaking from experience- albeit in the City, not football

Fully agree. Whether it is the city, football, any matter really. It is always best to keep shtum until things have been discussed with legal teams.

Stop backing up PS regardlessly. As for the technicality of legal implications, the club could have made a statement stating that, but no, Scally shoots his mouth off and nobody may suggest he is not right.

Just explaining why no comment was and still is the right response, technicalities of legal implications can be expensive

It doesn't actually say he was sacked - But IF SL was sacked albeit not at a time of the clubs chosing it is still the right decision

Hang on. He’s being attacked for saying nothing, not for shooting his mouth off.

I don’t know PS from a bar of soap apart from reading things on here. But I find myself , like Durham, wanting to somehow defend him. And it’s because everyone seems to shoot their own mouths off attacking GFC and Scally every single time something happens.

Despite the fact that no one at all except PS and SL knows what did happen.

And it’s always done straight away with no knowledge. Going all the way back to the Pulis episodes where everyone claimed Scally was the spawn of Satan. And then it came out TP was trying to blackmail PS and the club. Nope, it was still PS fault.

OSK-
Hang on. He’s being attacked for saying nothing, not for shooting his mouth off.

I don’t know PS from a bar of soap apart from reading things on here. But I find myself , like Durham, wanting to somehow defend him. And it’s because everyone seems to shoot their own mouths off attacking GFC and Scally every single time something happens.

And it’s always done straight away with no knowledge. Going all the way back to the Pulis episodes where everyone claimed Scally was the spawn of Satan. And then it came out TP was trying to blackmail PS and the club. Nope, it was still PS fault.
Speaking from personal family experiences having known people that have worked for the club in the past and knowing a couple that still do PS is not easy to work with and is very much a you agree with me or bye bye type as he's said and proved numerous times over the years in spats with various people and organisations.

Yes he's done good things over the years, but that is usually followed by something to shoot himself or the club in the foot. By PS own admission in the telephone conversation he had with PT that ultimately lead to his sacking, PS had no intention of getting rid of PT at the start of that conversation, but that's how it ended.

I don't doubt for one minute that PS did not want SL to leave on Friday, but neither did SL want to leave the club, but due to PS stance on certain issues it ended in heated discussion in which PS decided there was no way forward to continue as manager. I have no doubts either that had SL resigned PS would've made that clear in the initial statement, why, one to absolve him of any blame and two to ensure no pay out. No manager under contract as SL was, in their right mind, would just walk away.

I also have no doubt that SL was going to be relieved of his duties in the summer, (along with the coaching staff) but the timing and handling of the meeting on Friday should have been handled better.

As I've said earlier in this thread which Durham didn't respond to or defend, it seems like history repeating itself.

Funny how all of these things happen to Scally though. We seem to be forever in the news for the wrong reasons. As someone else said, our handling of PR as a club is awful.

I don’t doubt any of that Captain (and GFC84 as I’m writing), and it could well be that PS just “went off”. But again it’s all just conjecture.

“Scally has history so it’s definitely his fault”.

Personally I’d say Steve, maybe quite rightly, wanted some kind of assurances re: next season and without flat out lying Scally couldn’t give those assurances. If it’s escalated from there it’s probably more SL escalating it than Scally.

But that’s all conjecture on my part.

Here’s another one. What if PS has said “Hey Steve, our home forms crap, we’re losing fans, they all reckon you are boring and stubborn and keep playing a useless diamond. They ain’t renewing tickets until you either change tactics or go. We want 3k tickets sold. So now we’re safe how about just trying a 4-4-2, stick Eaves back up top, get crosses in, and thrill the fans with a 3-0 home win. Whaddya say?”.

And SL replies “f*ck them and f*ck you. I pick the team and if you don’t like it I’m off!”.

Just conjecture.

I think your Scally just went off is mostly likely. As I've said earlier in the thread, he's got form.

SL was not in any way looking for an out, and judging by the reaction of the crowd at the game yesterday, if your second theory is correct it just shows how out of touch PS is, as most of the talk of people around me and that I spoke to was of the way it was handled, not that it happened. That is why PS got stick, not because it happened, that the timing if it was shit and with a bit more PR or man management PS could've avoided on Friday.

As I've said earlier in thread, as I understand it it was a scheduled meeting that got heated and the end result was SL being relieved of his duties/sacked. As I said, history repeating.

I think your Scally just went off is mostly likely. As I've said earlier in the thread, he's got form.

SL was not in any way looking for an out, and judging by the reaction of the crowd at the game yesterday, if your second theory is correct it just shows how out of touch PS is, as most of the talk of people around me and that I spoke to was of the way it was handled, not that it happened. That is why PS got stick, not because it happened, that the timing if it was shit and with a bit more PR or man management PS could've avoided on Friday.

As I've said earlier in thread, as I understand it it was a scheduled meeting that got heated and the end result was SL being relieved of his duties/sacked. As I said, history repeating.

So many assumptions and guessing - can you tell us the lottery numbers for next week.

For all the allegations against PS over the years we still have managers willing to work at the club and plenty return again and again despite their harsh treatment

I don’t doubt any of that Captain (and GFC84 as I’m writing), and it could well be that PS just “went off”. But again it’s all just conjecture.

“Scally has history so it’s definitely his fault”.

Personally I’d say Steve, maybe quite rightly, wanted some kind of assurances re: next season and without flat out lying Scally couldn’t give those assurances. If it’s escalated from there it’s probably more SL escalating it than Scally.

But that’s all conjecture on my part.

Here’s another one. What if PS has said “Hey Steve, our home forms crap, we’re losing fans, they all reckon you are boring and stubborn and keep playing a useless diamond. They ain’t renewing tickets until you either change tactics or go. We want 3k tickets sold. So now we’re safe how about just trying a 4-4-2, stick Eaves back up top, get crosses in, and thrill the fans with a 3-0 home win. Whaddya say?”.

And SL replies “f*ck them and f*ck you. I pick the team and if you don’t like it I’m off!”.

Just conjecture.

Almost everything is conjecture on this thread. Sir Keith - you conjecture is no more or less likely than any of the other assertions I’ve heard... ...but it doesn’t suit the anti-Scally agenda.

We are not all agreed SL's time should have been up.
We do seem to be agreed, however, that this was a reasonable conclusion for PS to have reached.
If so, then the manner of its being conveyed is a matter for regret, but a small and unsurprising one in the scheme of things.
Time and a modicum of common sense and generosity should smooth this out.

Well Patto clearly knows that job is a poisoned challis. When asked by Radio Kent if he wanted the job he replied with "no chance I want that job, I want to stay but not as manager". He clearly knows what goes on behind the scenes to know what's best for him.

So many assumptions and guessing - can you tell us the lottery numbers for next week.

For all the allegations against PS over the years we still have managers willing to work at the club and plenty return again and again despite their harsh treatment

If you're as connected to the club as you claim you'd know what actually happened. All you do is pretend to know but not have any real idea.

If you're as connected to the club as you claim you'd know what actually happened. All you do is pretend to know but not have any real idea.

No I dont claim to be connected to the club but I do know PS pretty well.

All you do is assume that PS and the club are in the wrong - when you have no idea.

Stating that "I think your Scally just went off is mostly likely" is pure SHT when there could be 100 different scenarios - hey but the club must be in the wrong.

So no-one within the club other than PS and SL know what went on on Friday in that meeting, is that what what your saying, Durham?

I would not know.

Happened so late on Friday I doubt if much more could have happened, legal agreements would need drawing up and the LMA informed etc.

Footbals clubs and the employment contracts are not like normal by any stretch of the imagination, not much loyalty by either side as its all about money