Lovell gone | Vital Football

Lovell gone

Thanks for you service Steve. The home form needs to improve and i suspect thats Scallys motivation. Evans in I suspect.

Feel pretty awful for Steve, timing seems poor to me. I know it’s a cut throat business but I’d have left him in charge until the end of the season. Must be Evans next season

Patto in charge tomorrow. Very bizarre
Thanks for you service Steve. The home form needs to improve and i suspect thats Scallys motivation. Evans in I suspect.
Well slashing of season tkts ..packing the stands well if Evans comes in with his record then Mr Scally count me and the lads out for renewing season tkts..thats why he slashed as a gd proportion of fans wont stomache Evans..he will be trouble

Feels bit sorry for him, an excellent away manager but at home he was generally clueless, save the odd exception.
Strange it wasn’t done at the end of the season.
I guess Scally could have told him today a certain someone would have been joining as director of football so Lovell decided he would go.

Season ticket holder will not have me go under Evans I will stand firm .I have already told Scally that I will not support a Evans Gills no way sorry .

Feel sorry for Steve,actually see him couple days ago in local petrol station in Wigmore,
Timing weird but I will support any manager in charge of Gillingham

Can’t believe it. Bookies had us going down when he took over and saved us. Bookies ha us going down this season but safe with a couple of games to spare.

Well done stevie. Still a club legend. Great player. Decent manager.

I hope scally has big plans.

Lots of S.L. songs tomorrow I hope

We don't know the reason, so it's only speculation, but traditionally any member of staff who disagrees with Scally is out, no matter what there position in the hierarchy is.

I don’t think Lovell was the way forward - the decent away record did not make up for some abysmal losses, especially at home. And I think giving a new manager time (ie the whole summer) is the right move. However, can’t understand sacking him with two games to go - our overall position isn’t that bad. No need for it in my view, especially as he’s leaving Patto and the other coaches in charge who're surely just as culpable as Lovell?

I don’t like Evans, but won’t be getting a stiffy and throwing my toys out of the pram if he gets it. I’ll back whoever the manager is - were Corbyn our manager, I’d be singing “oh Jeremy Corbyn” if he gets us in then playoffs next year!

Slightly strange timing given we are not 100% safe ...... but PDPS is not a sacking chairman..... fingers crossed it will work out for the best.

Up the Gills !!

I don’t think Lovell was the way forward - the decent away record did not make up for some abysmal losses, especially at home. And I think giving a new manager time (ie the whole summer) is the right move. However, can’t understand sacking him with two games to go - our overall position isn’t that bad. No need for it in my view, especially as he’s leaving Patto and the other coaches in charge who're surely just as culpable as Lovell?

I don’t like Evans, but won’t be getting a stiffy and throwing my toys out of the pram if he gets it. I’ll back whoever the manager is - were Corbyn our manager, I’d be singing “oh Jeremy Corbyn” if he gets us in then playoffs next year!
Couldn’t agree more

Interested to know why?
I have a friend who will shortly be a league referee and if you think I am going to support a manager who thinks it is ok to yell abuse at him or any of his colleagues for 90 minutes with my blessing then you are wrong.I can totally understand why fans and management get hot on the collar and if you are talking of odd occasions I full understand that. Evans is no where near reasonable in my view. SO supporting him it out of the question.

We don't know the reason, so it's only speculation, but traditionally any member of staff who disagrees with Scally is out, no matter what there position in the hierarchy is.

At the moment that's the only reason I can think of. Done a pretty decent job on a very limited budget, and he's probably not paid a fortune himself either.

Only reason I can think of regarding timing is to allow a new manager more time to get his ducks in line.

I haven't been the biggest fan of the way SL got us to play sometimes, but he's managed to keep up with a very young team. We're still in L1 next season, so we should all be grateful for that. Thanks Steve and good luck for the future

I hope you won’t be getting a stiffy over Evans. I agree with what you wrote - apart from the stiffy bit - now I guess we have to wait for the real reason for SL’s departure to be made known until then it speculation all the way.