London Black Lives Matter Protest | Page 23 | Vital Football

London Black Lives Matter Protest

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
If I'm free to put up a statue to Jimmy Saville, are you free to pull it down or should it be left out of respect for my views?

That was my whole point. Who decides?

What about working class enemies, winnie, baldwin, thatcher etc can I pull those down. Or Nelson or in the usa george washington?

Last edited:
Sorry Jerry but I wasn't taught it at GGS back in the 70's (terrible education).

It is taught to some extent (recently) but as I've heard many black contributors to talk shoes say recently, it is the usual Mandela/Rosa Parks stuff. Our exploitation of blacks and the slave trade is barely mentioned. It is as if racism only occurs in USA and the Apartheid South Africa. Our kids have no idea about how our empire and wealth was built.

Ps-our own working classes were also appallingly exploited in the Industrial Revolution.

All the books and resources I have seen spell it out in detail as do the multitude of documentaries, nothing hidden. If its not detailed then it has been cut back to help the main limited syllabus at that schools choice.
I do not know a single person that does not know about trans Atlantic slavery but none knew that it was africans that sold over 12.5 million of their black captives to the traders.

I'll buy the fact that we can judge those of 100's of years ago as long as we recognise that we can only do so knowing what we know now.
I would be interested to know how many of us that despise racism laughed at Rising Damp, Love thy neighbour or Alf Garnet. I know I did.

Shame on you then, mate.

Sorry but unless you were laughing at the moronic racist characters I don't know what else was funny about the racism. Those bits were horrible.

Last edited:
All the books and resources I have seen spell it out in detail as do the multitude of documentaries, nothing hidden. If its not detailed then it has been cut back to help the main limited syllabus at that schools choice.
I do not know a single person that does not know about trans Atlantic slavery but none knew that it was africans that sold over 12.5 million of their black captives to the traders.
Oh, so you know better how it is delivered in schools than I do. Ok.

at least we know who the real fascist and bigots are , Blm. I would include Antifa but they are just a bunch of thugs who attack the enemy of the day.

Yeah we do. His father was murdered in Jamaica, a country with a murder rate 40 times that of the UK. Raheem then emigrated to the UK as a 5 year old

I'm a big fan of his and he is a role model having matured recently, but is he in a position to lecture white people on the racism "pandemic" when he has left a black country for a white one?

I'm really not sure what your point is about leaving a black country for a white one. I think he was about 2 when his mother decided to emigrate. A white country decided that his ancestors be forcibly removed from one continent to be enslaved in another. I'd say he is well entitled to his take on that and its echoes through the years. I don't think he is lecturing anyone.

I'll buy the fact that we can judge those of 100's of years ago as long as we recognise that we can only do so knowing what we know now.
I would be interested to know how many of us that despise racism laughed at Rising Damp, Love thy neighbour or Alf Garnet. I know I did.

2 out of 3 and I laughed at some very nasty jokes back in the day.

I get frustrated when people say we all know about slavery, we learned all about it in school. I'm an old bugger accepted but we received only the slimmest of instruction on the subject and it was never put in context.
It's a cliché but we do keep learning new stuff even as our memories fade. I read this book a couple of years ago and confess it contained a lot I didn't know and made me review a lot of my thinking.

http://www.matthewparker.co.uk/the-sugar-barons/The-Sugar-Barons.html

It's available from Medway libraries when they reopen.

Still, my opinion is many of the human race just need someone else to blame and need figures of hate, it seems like oxygen to some. We're a ridiculous species spending far too much time looking at the differences instead of the similarities.

Absolutely correct. History tells us that people who take power based on that can be very dangerous.

Amazing how we never learn.

2 out of 3 and I laughed at some very nasty jokes back in the day.
Me too, out of ignorance I suppose but does that make us racists? The fact that, once we became more educated, we stopped laughing as we knew it was wrong, surely means society has moved on somewhat. Its the ones that are still laughing we should worry about

If I remember correctly, Till Death Us Do Part was written to highlight the stupidity of racism and bigotry.
I didn'tknow that, were we laughing at the comments or the people making them? I suppose it depends on the person laughing. Interesting if true.

see the FLA are protecting the statues etc on saturday. They are all peaceful lads trying to protect our history. lets hope brain of Britain Tommy Robinson doesnt turn up to spoil it all. TR is hated by the FLA believe it or not. lots of black football alliance members are worried they will be associated with him. No doubt they will be classed as far right anyway by the media

see the FLA are protecting the statues etc on saturday. They are all peaceful lads trying to protect our history. lets hope brain of Britain Tommy Robinson doesnt turn up to spoil it all. TR is hated by the FLA believe it or not. lots of black football alliance members are worried they will be associated with him. No doubt they will be classed as far right anyway by the media

FLA - Finance and Leasing Association ??????

There is also another group, made up of ex Police and ex military, making their way up to town on Saturday to help protect statues and war memorials. I'm working Saturday and am genuinely looking forward to seeing how this all pans out. I recon there'll just be loads of old retired police gimmers, standing between marauding groups with their arms outstretched shouting "leave it, leave it, they ain't worth it".