London Black Lives Matter Protest | Vital Football

London Black Lives Matter Protest

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13556

Absolutely right that they want to protest, but absolutely wrong that 80% of the crowd from the ethic group of the highest coronavirus deaths and none of the them give a fuck about social distancing! Maybe not important to them at the moment, but can see the number of deaths rocket again! Lockdown has already been eased too soon in my opinion!

Absolutely right that they want to protest, but absolutely wrong that 80% of the crowd from the ethic group of the highest coronavirus deaths and none of the them give a fuck about social distancing! Maybe not important to them at the moment, but can see the number of deaths rocket again! Lockdown has already been eased too soon in my opinion!
Saw an article suggesting people are more scared of dying at the hands of police than covid19. So i can understand them ignoring the social distancing rules to favour a protest.

Stupid really. If everyone taking part was 2 metres apart the protest would look so much bigger and their message wouldn't be diluted with criticism.
I would be quite impressed if they did.
Mildly choreographed , would certainly get more positive attention.

Seriously? In the UK?
13 black deaths in police custody in 10 years compared to how many black COVID deaths?
I think in part people are shielded for Coronavirus deaths it is far less public although of course far too many are affected. Police abuse is one of those things that gets quickly magnified. IE one policeman makes a error weather done with intent or not .That is then reflected on the whole police force.We get a lot of American news here .Had the death happened in Australia for example would we have had the coverage?
The black issue and the police is real in this country and America unfortunately it only takes a minority of officers to paint a very bad picture indeed.

I think in part people are shielded for Coronavirus deaths it is far less public although of course far too many are affected. Police abuse is one of those things that gets quickly magnified. IE one policeman makes a error weather done with intent or not .That is then reflected on the whole police force.We get a lot of American news here .Had the death happened in Australia for example would we have had the coverage?
The black issue and the police is real in this country and America unfortunately it only takes a minority of officers to paint a very bad picture indeed.

Spot on Chris. I am interested in worldwide politics but in reality we dont live in the USA so why do we care about the failed us system. Is it less important for a human being killed in another country that is not the us or uk. Is life that cheap?
We have brexiteers that belive they have something to do with us politics when they purport to want British sovereignty and no interference from another country.
You have others who think some injustice in the us has something to do with us.
Strange old world.

We have brexiteers that belive they have something to do with us politics when they purport to want British sovereignty and no interference from another country.

What have the riots in the US ,
got to do with Brexit ?
My guess is at the 'protests' in London , the police would see the same old faces from the anti Brexit marches , the climate mob , and no doubt support for any cause that's fashionable.

What have the riots in the US ,
got to do with Brexit ?
My guess is at the 'protests' in London , the police would see the same old faces from the anti Brexit marches , the climate mob , and no doubt support for any cause that's fashionable.

Then why do your gang keep bringing brexit into the discussion?
I think you are deluded thinking that everyone who voted Brexit is the same and everyone who voted leave thinks the same.

Then why do your gang keep bringing brexit into the discussion?
I think you are deluded thinking that everyone who voted Brexit is the same and everyone who voted leave thinks the same.
Who 'KEEPS bringing Brexit into every discussion' ?

In connection with Covid, I've probably mentioned that the economic hit will be a proper, serious contraction rather than a possible outcome of Brexit ....
....which even the pessimistic economists only proposed slightly slower growth - but still growth.

( But Brexit mentioned because someone gave a cue ......;))

Oh fck off. Do we really need ro explain this to you?

View attachment 39882
Why swear ? Haven't you learnt civil discourse ?

And do 'we' really need to explain to you why 'black' prefacing such things is inherently racist ?
You know what, I WILL explain, because some of your ilk don't seem to understand the inherent contradictions in a position.

It's not (as per your cartoon) denying different priorities of the moment.

Just imagine the faux outrage at:
'White Lives Matter'
'White History Month'
'White Business Leaders'
'White Police Officers Assoc.'

All such things ADD to division. They EMPHASISE race.

How are we ever going to achieve harmony while putting each person into an 'identity' - who, the members of which are (bizarrely) are all supposed to think alike ?

There is a view (not popular amongst Guardianistas), that a couple of decades ago 'racism' had declined and was disappearing.
Most people had stopped thinking about 'race' . They were treating people as individuals.

Then ( around 2000 ?) 'someone' decided that everyone should be asked multiple times to tick an ethnic box.
How well is that turning out ?

excellent post as usual Tarian. Talking common sense and expressing how most of us feel, will only lead to sweary words being aimed at you by the unenlighted .