Lockdown 4 - Potential effect on Latics | Page 5 | Vital Football

Lockdown 4 - Potential effect on Latics

I have - picture above

Except the box doesn't say that masks don't work. It says that the mask offers no protection against Covid19, which it doesn't for the wearer from a filtration point of view.

It would however make a conversation between two like minded individuals who are both wearing masks safer. Not because the masks would filter anything but the droplets from the mouth of the person speaking wouldn't be fired right at the person in front of them because of the masks being worn. Even better if they had a visor or glasses on as well to protect the eyes.

Two people having that same conversation and both wearing FFP3 masks would be quite a way safer again provided they had taken time to fits the masks correctly.

I think you must be pulling our legs with this and having a chuckle to yourself. It's playing with words on the side of a box of non-filtration masks that were never designed to filter out virus particles and turning that into the argument that masks don't work. Bit weird really when NHS trusts around the country are putting their faith in PPE, which appropriate masks are a large part of, to save their brave staff from contracting this nasty virus.

You'd best let the people working on the Covid wards know they don't work.

Its what happens when folk take early retirement....there's a few on here with nowt better do than piss fart about on social media.

The devil makes work for idle hands.
How very dare you
I am working hard, marking exam scripts and setting up level 3 moderation visits for the new year. The downside is I am too busy because of the time sensitive nature of this work to go to one of my 'homes games at Oxford. Convenient as I do not fancy the risk of a covid crowd.
Hindleymon you are just jealous.

I don't think Hampton's retired mate ..... fairly sure that's to whom Nobrot was referring (but I may be wrong).

Glad to see you posting in the middle of the morning though. :whist:
That's an interesting assumption ......!
Hampton is a good 20 years off retirement and have been grafting today thanks.
Unlike countless numbers of educationalists (kids school closed Monday) and NHS staff (cancelling hospital apps despite Covid hospital numbers continuing to reduce) who appear to have thrown the isolation card to clock off early for Christmas.
Bet the absence rate is sky high at Wigan council as well - whilst folk in the real world private sector continue to turn in for work ...!

Except the box doesn't say that masks don't work. It says that the mask offers no protection against Covid19, which it doesn't for the wearer from a filtration point of view.
Exactly my point which was masks offer no protection - thanks for agreeing here.

PS the folk on the covid wards know masks don't work - that's why they wear full haz mat suits 🙈

Moonay, you’d be better off finding a brick wall and banging your head against it.
Right back at you MiW
Pot, kettle etc etc
You couldn't possibly be wrong - could you....!
Time will tell but you must be delighted that hospitals admissions continue to plateau ?

Right back at you MiW
Pot, kettle etc etc
You couldn't possibly be wrong - could you....!
Time will tell but you must be delighted that hospitals admissions continue to plateau ?

On this, no I’m not wrong. Unlike yourself who seems to know better than scientists across the globe.

The diag is wrong it's all high risk - cases continue to surge despite the mask mandates- which part of that don't you follow ?
The irony of your support for BOJO is entertaining in itself 😁

Oh Hampton, dear Hampton, .....bless..

Cases surge cos we've not been wearing masks. Just look at the packed pubs in town centres recently. That bit surely isn't hard to follow.

As for my support of BOJO, in contrast to the advice from some Tory MPs, I'm supportive of the medics/scientists who tell us that it;s worthwhile to wear masks.

BOJO will soon be gone anyway ........... timing wise, I might lose my bet, but only by a few weeks/months.

The diag is wrong it's all high risk - cases continue to surge despite the mask mandates- which part of that don't you follow ?
The irony of your support for BOJO is entertaining in itself 😁

Let me get this right.

All information provided by Hampton......correct and accepted.

All information provided by others.........incorrect and rejected.

Hmmmm.

Let me get this right.

All information provided by Hampton......correct and accepted.

All information provided by others.........incorrect and rejected.

Hmmmm.
It's my view alone - which I'm entitled to last time I checked as are you and others to swallow the gvt propoganda hook line and sinker.
Why some are being stressed about it is because if Hampton turns out to be right and cases fly up whilst hospitalisations dont they'll be looking a bit silly as at that point the call to (jabs in) arms and ineffectual mask working advocates will be proven as b/s
As I said above - let's see what happens, no point any more toing and froing as no one is changing their minds - yet !

It was more comfortable to wear washable condoms which one could get during the second world war) than it is to wear one of these masks. You washed them, kept them in talcon powder until you used them again.

Exactly my point which was masks offer no protection - thanks for agreeing here.

PS the folk on the covid wards know masks don't work - that's why they wear full haz mat suits 🙈

Good lad, now have a glass of water with your tablets, the nurse will be around to see you shortly👍. Get well soon.

It was more comfortable to wear washable condoms which one could get during the second world war) than it is to wear one of these masks. You washed them, kept them in talcon powder until you used them again.

Wonderful, a proper education when you learn something new every day on here.

That's an interesting assumption ......!
Hampton is a good 20 years off retirement and have been grafting today thanks.
Unlike countless numbers of educationalists (kids school closed Monday) and NHS staff (cancelling hospital apps despite Covid hospital numbers continuing to reduce) who appear to have thrown the isolation card to clock off early for Christmas.
Bet the absence rate is sky high at Wigan council as well - whilst folk in the real world private sector continue to turn in for work ...!
Thanks for your effort
It is is what you achieve when you are at work, not how many hours you are there.
Have you considered that you may be inefficient;)

Thanks for your effort
It is is what you achieve when you are at work, not how many hours you are there.
Have you considered that you may be inefficient;)
I fully agree and tbh if I wasn't being efficient I wouldn't be there - it's not a job a Wigan council, the wider civil service or a school 😉🤣🤣