Lockdown 4 - Potential effect on Latics | Vital Football

Lockdown 4 - Potential effect on Latics

C_Latic

Vital 1st Team Regular
As much as we all hope it doesn't transpire, I'm afraid at the rate in which cases are climbing, not to mention the recent outbreaks at football clubs, it's starting to feel inevitable that another lockdown is around the corner, which would once again leave us playing without fans in the ground.

It goes without saying that this would be terrible news for the club, mainly from a financial perspective. It's clear that we desperately need reinforcements in January to get promoted and a lockdown is likely to leave no money available in which to play with, as that cash would have to go towards offsetting the losses caused by having no crowds. The new owners took over without really needing to fund the club through a prolonged period of having no fans and certainly not with the wage bill we have now. A lockdown will be a huge test for them financially as well.

Hold onto your hats, it could be a bumpy ride ahead.

If it does happen again it could cause a lot of financial difficulty for a lot of lower league clubs who have probably only just recovered from the previous lockdown.

A lot won't have recovered at all - EFL loans still need repaying on top of day to day running costs

I thought our owner was loaded, we should be ok then or will it crowd funder time again?

Its a good job we have C Latic to cheer us up heading towards the festive season!

If anything it will probably be passports and or negative test proof before closure of the stadiums, that seems to be the way right or wrong this is going.
It may reduce crowds and put some off but at least the stadiums will still be open.

If anything it will probably be passports and or negative test proof before closure of the stadiums, that seems to be the way right or wrong this is going.
It may reduce crowds and put some off but at least the stadiums will still be open.

What happens if your a ST holder but not vaccinated would you get a match refund

We certainly can’t afford any more postponements, though the rules are somewhat unclear about when games can be called off. Why there is still no transparency on this is a disgrace.

There’s still a lot unknown about omicron variant at present. It’s supposedly more transmissible which is causing the concern and in particular that the vaccine effectiveness is reduced. However disease severity is reportedly less concerning. Given its evading the vaccines the passports will probably have limited effect, though like wearing a mask its not a big deal to produce one. For those that are refusing a vaccine I couldn’t give a shit if it’s impacting upon them.

Clearly if large numbers of people are gathering in enclosed spaces such as pubs, theatres etc then cases will go up. Football is an outdoor sport but we obviously gather on concourses are huddled together leaving etc. As it’s balancing act at the moment whilst more information is gathered so I don’t think curtailing attendances is necessary at present. Clearly Krankie in Scotland is happy to bring in harsher restrictions as she always needs to go one further, however there won’t be any Christmas restrictions in England though harsher measures such as pub closures or ground closures may be brought back in January if the need really arises.

We certainly can’t afford any more postponements, though the rules are somewhat unclear about when games can be called off. Why there is still no transparency on this is a disgrace.

There’s still a lot unknown about omicron variant at present. It’s supposedly more transmissible which is causing the concern and in particular that the vaccine effectiveness is reduced. However disease severity is reportedly less concerning. Given its evading the vaccines the passports will probably have limited effect, though like wearing a mask its not a big deal to produce one. For those that are refusing a vaccine I couldn’t give a shit if it’s impacting upon them.

Clearly if large numbers of people are gathering in enclosed spaces such as pubs, theatres etc then cases will go up. Football is an outdoor sport but we obviously gather on concourses are huddled together leaving etc. As it’s balancing act at the moment whilst more information is gathered so I don’t think curtailing attendances is necessary at present. Clearly Krankie in Scotland is happy to bring in harsher restrictions as she always needs to go one further, however there won’t be any Christmas restrictions in England though harsher measures such as pub closures or ground closures may be brought back in January if the need really arises.
Diversionary tactics vs. partygate and wallpapergate is what this is.
Vaccine passports and masks are completely ineffective against spread.
Neither for me but if it makes folk feel safer then crack on.
The hoohah yesterday about a death "with" not "of" omnicron along with a lack of further detail was and is a new low in the propaganda campaign.
Also MPs are set to be exempt - go figure 🤔

How on earth do you know that Sturgeon is happy to bring in harsher measures, or indeed are the measures she wants harsh enough, you state about there not being transparency, when none comes from government how can anyone plan for a potential catastrophe, the problem is the lying cheating bastards running this country who think giving themselves a little reward party while telling others they can't visit loved ones dying in hospices, care homes or hospitals.

Diversionary tactics vs. partygate and wallpapergate is what this is.
Vaccine passports and masks are completely ineffective against spread.
Neither for me but if it makes folk feel safer then crack on.
The hoohah yesterday about a death "with" not "of" omnicron along with a lack of further detail was and is a new low in the propaganda campaign.
Also MPs are set to be exempt - go figure 🤔

If they were diversionary then Starmer et al would not have voted for them. They’d have gone against it and left Johnson floundering with a defeat given the number of Tories that voted against. You really ought to stop getting caught up by conspiracy theories.

If they were diversionary then Starmer et al would not have voted for them. They’d have gone against it and left Johnson floundering with a defeat given the number of Tories that voted against. You really ought to stop getting caught up by conspiracy theories.
Which part of masks or passports don't stop spread is conspiracy theory?
Meanwhile as facts I give you infection rates in Germany - with high grade medical masks btw and passports - or Scotland and Wales where masks and passports have resulted in higher rates than England -
You really ought to stop getting caught up by government propoganda !

How on earth do you know that Sturgeon is happy to bring in harsher measures, or indeed are the measures she wants harsh enough, you state about there not being transparency, when none comes from government how can anyone plan for a potential catastrophe, the problem is the lying cheating bastards running this country who think giving themselves a little reward party while telling others they can't visit loved ones dying in hospices, care homes or hospitals.

How do I know? Well she’s just announced them. She always like to go one step further.

There is no transparency with sporting regulations. You are unhappy about an alleged party. That is regarding none adherence of rules, rather than a lack of transparency about them.

Which part of masks or passports don't stop spread is conspiracy theory?
Meanwhile as facts I give you infection rates in Germany - with high grade medical masks btw and passports - or Scotland and Wales where masks and passports have resulted in higher rates than England -
You really ought to stop getting caught up by government propoganda !

They do slow spread. And it’s why mask wearing is a global tool to slow it. It’s hardly a big deal to wear one, so stop getting agitated by the fact and listening to uneducated cranks on the subject.

That'll be Sir Hindsight ? A man with no courage, spine or integrity ? God help you if you are holding on for him to save you 🙈

Why would I want him to save me? And how is he doing so? You were claiming measures are being increased to divert attention away from party/wallpaper gate - so I’ll ask again, what possible reason would he have to be in on that?

Anyway seems to be a slew of match cancellations now, though still no clarity around the numbers infected to do so. Spurs v Leicester goes ahead to avoid more cancellations despite both sides being rife with it, yet Burnley game tonight fell at a few hours notice. Few gone at weekend in efl.

Reading the mood and direction of travel I get the distinct feeling we’ll be locked out of grounds again in the very near future. Maybe league will get suspended again as well if variant is avoiding infection controls.