Lincoln City New Football Stadium + | Page 8 | Vital Football

Lincoln City New Football Stadium +

Of course there are nuances to this, but the talk higher up the thread is of significant - even large - investment being a rumoured possibility.

That would, potentially, put us up there with the likes of Mansfield, FGR, etc. I'm just interested to know how people would react to that, especially those who endlessly bang on about those two clubs in particular.
you could argue that the two clubs you mention are relying on one main source of income, only one paddle. if we are smart, we will look for 'investment' from multiple sources, then if one pulls out, we are not immediately up shit creek.

Of course there are nuances to this, but the talk higher up the thread is of significant - even large - investment being a rumoured possibility.

That would, potentially, put us up there with the likes of Mansfield, FGR, etc. I'm just interested to know how people would react to that, especially those who endlessly bang on about those two clubs in particular.
It's different if it's your own club :grinning: I also think (rightly or wrongly) a lot of people take the following into account and put them into an equation
- history of the club
- scope for realistic development
- how proportionate is the size of the investment v the two aforementioned factors
- Is there a local rivalry with or dislike of the people associated with the club receiving the investment.

Take example 1 Notts County as a hypothetical:- historic old club (no problem), have demonstrated that they could potentially attract 15k fans (no problem), 5-10M investment over three years (proportionate), loud mouth owner, arrogant fans, fairly local, history of financial shenanigans (massive negatives over ruling the three positives)
Outcome - hope they don't get a penny and end up getting relegated

Example 2 FGR - Negative on all four criteria.
Outcome - hope they rapidly return to the level they have traditionally been at.

Example 3 Bristol City - positive on the first two criteria, no problem with somebody investing a fair wedge in them, no rivalry or perception issues.
Outcome - Good luck to them.

The reality is that it's all very subjective based on the individual and their own ideas of what they hold pertinent however a consensus is likely to emerge in public opinion overall.

Ok, no worries. I was just checking that if we, say, get a £10 million wind-fall that fans would then be able to rationalise it away as perfectly reasonable and entirely acceptable. :grinning:

My mind has certainly been put at rest on that score!

Ok, no worries. I was just checking that if we, say, get a £10 million wind-fall that fans would then be able to rationalise it away as perfectly reasonable and entirely acceptable. :grinning:

My mind has certainly been put at rest on that score!
I could justify 100M in my mind :thumbup:

It’s not the bankrolling I have an issue with per se (although I make an exception for FGR), as mentioned it’s happened for years. The problem I have is when it goes tits up and the begging bowls come out and local companies are screwed through an administration.

From our point of view maybe having a broader range of income sources - a number of ‘smaller’ investors plus a not insignificant number of ST holders etc is a happy medium? Certainly preferable to relying on the largesse of one man living out his mid-life crises a la Vince and Hardy.

It’s not the bankrolling I have an issue with per se (although I make an exception for FGR), as mentioned it’s happened for years. The problem I have is when it goes tits up and the begging bowls come out and local companies are screwed through an administration.

From our point of view maybe having a broader range of income sources - a number of ‘smaller’ investors plus a not insignificant number of ST holders etc is a happy medium? Certainly preferable to relying on the largesse of one man living out his mid-life crises a la Vince and Hardy.

Exactly. Here's the thing though: without a cup run each year, we would probably be making a loss, right now.

But I'm sure we can rationalise that away, as well.

Exactly. Here's the thing though: without a cup run each year, we would probably be making a loss, right now.

But I'm sure we can rationalise that away, as well.

Ha, indeed. Having no said all that I have to be honest and say I’m sure I’d find a way of rationalising a Saudi Prince bankrolling to the Champions League!

The concern with 'investment' is always how it comes in, too.

I mean, you've got Fenty down the road who loans the club money (and takes some out via a pension scheme, I think) so that debt is there.

If it'share purchase, it's not something you can call in. It's about making sure that there's enough in the kitty to run for a couple of years whilst you make adjustments (see Swann at Trinity when he left Trinity and left enough in the kitty to honour all existing contracts knowing full well they'd not be able to pay the wages without him).

Tbh, I'm not sure how we are in terms of *needing* new money to cover wages (playing budget) or whether our ticketing and commercial side have us there or thereabouts.

Going back to the original title of the thread. As I did with the Selenity/St Andrew's stand a while back thought I would have a little play around to see what a double sized Stacey West stand would look like at the end of the ground. a bit crude but you get the idea

1548326189098.png

I know your picture is juts for an idea of size but I think we would probably want to put a tier above the current one, so that we could have home fans above and away below, rather than make a massive, single-tier away end.

I know your picture is juts for an idea of size but I think we would probably want to put a tier above the current one, so that we could have home fans above and away below, rather than make a massive, single-tier away end.

You mean something like this? This would be a lot more expensive than simply building backwards and extending the tier?

1548328739631.png

Or we could half and half (similar to what we do now but with another tier). Behind the SW can already cater for home fans.