Lincoln City New Football Stadium + | Page 7 | Vital Football

Lincoln City New Football Stadium +

Whilst not a billionaire, one of the names I’ve heard heard we are courting for investment has the potential to make things very exciting indeed. Not that what’s happening currently isn’t exciting obviously....
We'll settle for a net worth of £900m, I suppose!

We'll settle for a net worth of £900m, I suppose!

Any one with that kind of money would be very well advised to give a large chunk of it to us ?

But regarding any possible new stadium, that could very easily be a £20million and quite a bit upwards project.

So that's either a long term mortgage of possibly £1million plus per season or else a major investor to fund it.

So, are people in favour of us becoming a fully bank-rolled club?

I only ask because folks seem to endlessly moan about other clubs that they perceive are bankrolled, such as FGR, etc.
For us to be bankrolled to FGR levels, I think we'd have to have Bill Gates take us over the throw money at it.

I only ask because folks seem to endlessly moan about other clubs that they perceive are bankrolled, such as FGR, etc.
That's a really good point, regardless of what we or others think of other clubs at the moment I think the majority of football fans would soon change their minds when it's your own club receiving the investment.

To me it's more the governance of the club with the investment, it's what happens when that investment inevitably dries up and especially making sure it doesn't leave us with crippling debts. As an example since the 60's we've mostly been a tier 4 team, if investment means we have a few years in the championship and then once that investment finishes the club can comfortably support league 1 and not go back to barely surviving at the bottom of League two (or worse) then it's good.

It does seem to have become a dirty word in football (bankrolled), I'm not sure why as it's been going on for absolutely years. If someone wants to come and throw some dosh in our direction then it certainly wouldn't bother me as long as we have people in charge who care. This is the sort of situation where having an active and competent not to mention trustworthy supporters trust would come into its own, someone to "police" what's going on so the best interests of the club are served. However, I have no concerns whatsoever with our present stewardship, so the more money sent our way the better as far as I'm concerned.

Ah, so semi-bankrolled is OK, then? Just a few millions, perhaps?
I think there are different stages.

You get your Fleetwood, Crawley, Salford, FGR types.

The Colchester, Bristol City ones.

Then us, where it needed an injection to kick start things, which it has and created further money. We've certainly grown as as club/fan base etc as per the cups runs, investment etc at a decent rate.

I certainly don't think we're in the mould of a Luton, Fleetwood, Salford, FGR.

I think virtually everyone of our supporters would love to think we could really succeed on the back of our own merits me included and maybe we will. However the sad reality of the League system in this country since The Premier League broke away from The Football League is that cash is King! So many clubs are now bankrolled/financed that it has skewed the whole system.

30+ years ago when I first started watching Lincoln a club like ours could still harbour the small hope that one day you could get to the first division on the back of a good manager and team. It's just a sad reality that now we think getting to what would have been the old second division and clinging on would be some sort of minor miracle as we are potentially going to struggle to compete even if we go up to the old third division next season.

So in a way if you want to push on as high as we can it's Hobson's choice! Damned if you do damned if you don't. Maybe The Cowleys will lead us to The Championship without a huge financial injection and if anyone can they can but the reality is that the odds are stacked against us!

I think virtually everyone of our supporters would love to think we could really succeed on the back of our own merits me included and maybe we will. However the sad reality of the League system in this country since The Premier League broke away from The Football League is that cash is King! So many clubs are now bankrolled/financed that it has skewed the whole system.

30+ years ago when I first started watching Lincoln a club like ours could still harbour the small hope that one day you could get to the first division on the back of a good manager and team. It's just a sad reality that now we think getting to what would have been the old second division and clinging on would be some sort of minor miracle as we are potentially going to struggle to compete even if we go up to the old third division next season.

So in a way if you want to push on as high as we can it's Hobson's choice! Damned if you do damned if you don't. Maybe The Cowleys will lead us to The Championship without a huge financial injection and if anyone can they can but the reality is that the odds are stacked against us!
Here's a link to squad values in league 1.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk...-and-the-total-is-nearly-150million-1-8763741

Bradford City sit in 12th position so if we want to compete financially with the top half of the division then we need a squad around the combined total of 5million. The value of the ones at the top is jaw dropping. I have no Idea what our present worth is but with 19 professionals on board thats an average value of £263,000 each so doubt we're anywhere near that. Realistically, if we want to carry on our journey then we need more money than we're generating at the moment. I'm still happy we're back in the league, and those nightmare years are behind us.

I think there are different stages.

You get your Fleetwood, Crawley, Salford, FGR types.

The Colchester, Bristol City ones.

Then us, where it needed an injection to kick start things, which it has and created further money. We've certainly grown as as club/fan base etc as per the cups runs, investment etc at a decent rate.

I certainly don't think we're in the mould of a Luton, Fleetwood, Salford, FGR.

Of course there are nuances to this, but the talk higher up the thread is of significant - even large - investment being a rumoured possibility.

That would, potentially, put us up there with the likes of Mansfield, FGR, etc. I'm just interested to know how people would react to that, especially those who endlessly bang on about those two clubs in particular.

I think its worth looking at how much LCFC was bankrolled in the period 2010-16 :
£
Total losses 1,732,636

Financed by:
£
Directors loans 164,580
New Shares bought 1,311,208
Bond Issue 127,650

Now the financing does not equal the losses for a variety of reasons but it does indicate the level of funding involved.