Lincoln City New Football Stadium + | Vital Football

Lincoln City New Football Stadium +

What do people want from the new stadium?

Is it ridiculous to expect a 15,000 seater? How about a 12,000 with the possibility to extend up to 17,000 in the future?

The trouble is we can't wait 10+ years for this to happen if it ever does! They haven't even submitted an outline application yet! It is years and years and years away. Trust me I know I work in development and these things take twice as long as they say then add a few more years as well! There are too many things linked to it for it to happen with 5 or 6 years.

We need additional capacity now if we have ambition and the quickest way is to add it to Sincil Bank and do whatever is necessary to achieve it in the short and medium term. Long term is just that long term.

We need additional capacity now if we have ambition and the quickest way is to add it to Sincil Bank and do whatever is necessary to achieve it in the short and medium term.
Cannot agree with that, Casper. It makes absolutely no sense to spend millions extending SB (which is what it would cost - they know that already) only to demolish it a short time afterwards. Where would that money come from in the first instance, and what would be the corollaries in terms of cost to the team and to the club? The directors have already said they will not put the future of the club at risk over this issue, and that includes wasting money on SB. Liam Scully has also explained that any improvements would be incremental in nature due to the restrictions of the site - there are serious problems with utilities to begin with.

We have a problem: we have hit a glass ceiling with SB and there is no viable solution.

What do people want from the new stadium?

Is it ridiculous to expect a 15,000 seater? How about a 12,000 with the possibility to extend up to 17,000 in the future?
It has to be bore in mind that if you want the ideal scenario of having enough capacity to allow for pay on the day and unreserved seating then the capacity is further reduced by 10% (I think) so if you want a 12000 capacity, you need 13200 seats, likewise a 15000 seater would only give you a 13500 capacity with this scenario. If its going to happen, make it as big as we can afford.
So a 12000 seater would only = a 10800 capacity, so not big enough imo.

Last edited:
Then we need to fill the corners in at Sb and get something built next to the selenity on the stacey west end - that could be done in the off season with some good planning...

Then we need to fill the corners in at Sb and get something built next to the selenity on the stacey west end - that could be done in the off season with some good planning...
...and how much money? What would the return be on that in terms of increased revenue? How would the already over-stretched utilities cope with all of that?

It's one of those things that I've stopped thinking about, tbh. I remain unconvinced it will ever happen and, as Casper says, a minimum time-scale looks like a decade.

It seems that the overall development is going to start, eventually, from the Birchwood Avenue junction with the Skelly Road new roundabout ( for which there is funding ) and an access close by onto the bypass. Estate roads and services will not be put into the entire site in one go because of the huge cost, it will be piecemeal and it will take many years to get anywhere near to the proposed LCFC site. We all know the promises made over many years to get the A46 dual between Lincoln and Newark, it eventually happened of course but it must have taken a good 20+ years from the initial idea. The new LCFC Ground has the same feel to it !!

The more I think about this, the more I am led to conclude that the only way we will ever be in a position to afford either a suitable new stadium or make any substantial changes to SB is to reach the Premier League. The cost of one standard Premier League player would pay for a pretty good new stadium; even if we were relegated immediately, the solidarity payments would ensure a very secure future for years to come in that new stadium.

All pie in the sky, of course.

how much of our current income is from ticket sales? is there a plan to radically increase other income?

if not, there needs to be a short term and medium term plan to increase capacity. otherwise where is the additional money coming from to fund any kind of decent effort if we make L1.

the solution has to be temporary seating at sincil bank. the rate the fan base has increased [is increasing] is a clear demonstration that there is a need now. not in ten years.

with this weekend in mind, we must be the only lower league team that has to reduce home attendance for big games. which is also crazy from a competitive point of view.

Cannot agree with that, Casper. It makes absolutely no sense to spend millions extending SB (which is what it would cost - they know that already) only to demolish it a short time afterwards. Where would that money come from in the first instance, and what would be the corollaries in terms of cost to the team and to the club? The directors have already said they will not put the future of the club at risk over this issue, and that includes wasting money on SB. Liam Scully has also explained that any improvements would be incremental in nature due to the restrictions of the site - there are serious problems with utilities to begin with.

We have a problem: we have hit a glass ceiling with SB and there is no viable solution.

Well if that is the case then we will be stuck at Sincil Bank with the capacity we have for the next 10 years so there is your glass ceiling. I work in development and multi million pound development and trust me any new stadium will take years and years I can almost guarantee it!

My argument is to do incremental improvements to Sincil Bank, I am not talking about let's demolish the St Andrew's and spend millions straight away I am talking about doing what is necessary to maximise what we have now! Let's look at some necessary infrastructure improvements to gain some steady increase in capacity To sit on our hands and wait for a new stadium if and when it happens will take years.

Corollaries? What the heck does that mean please.

Another thing to bare in mind, if we can achieve promotion this season is how likely would a hike be in admission prices. I remember back in 76 when we went up, the increase was such that my dad could no longer take me and my brother on a regular basis. Although Lincoln were still getting decent crowds in Div 3 that season.
Also, is there scope for an increase? Looking at three local Division 1 clubs -Scunthorpe charge between £26 and 22 depending on the 'category' of the game. Doncaster and Peterborough both charge £22, the same as we do now.
It's a tricky one. Needing to increase the revenue(cannot increase numbers) but at the same time running the risk of turning off regular supporters, due to affordability. The ground capacity is going to stunt the revenue growth next season. So any extra income for the team, more than what we have now, will need to come from somewhere else.

It has to be bore in mind that if you want the ideal scenario of having enough capacity to allow for pay on the day and unreserved seating then the capacity is further reduced by 10% (I think) so if you want a 12000 capacity, you need 13200 seats, likewise a 15000 seater would only give you a 13500 capacity with this scenario. If its going to happen, make it as big as we can afford.
So a 12000 seater would only = a 10800 capacity, so not big enough imo.
Pedant alert....

For 12000 you would need 13334 seats...

Your other two figures are correct...:grinning:

Come on you Imps!!!!!!!!!!!! ©