Leeds Utd (A) | Page 7 | Vital Football

Leeds Utd (A)

Just seen 2 sets of highlights and some of the chances Leeds missed you'd expect them to have had a hat-full on another day. They also had a good penalty shout turned down too.

It seemed like one of those days when it just wouldn't go in for them. We werent perfect there were plenty of defensive mistakes for some of their chances so i can see why people are saying it was more luck than skill but I can see the argument the tactics were great as they delivered the desired result - it's a combo of both.

So maybe we should all just find common ground in we are happy to get the points no matter how they arrive.

TBF KDZ, last year was the same where we absorbed so much pressure & attempts on goal so really no different from last year n hopefully f@cked their season up AGAIN....
Thanks for your "intervention" but along with Miles, Martin , Daphne, Roz and yr daft little 🐕 - you can do one Fraser. I'll look after myself ta 😉

TBF Hampton...n I've like a fair few of your posts but the reply imo was given in good faith n should be taken as that n not a 'I'll look after myself'. Your a good n fairly knowledgeable poster imo just chill n see wot tom brings.

More crap from Cook arse licking the opposition. He must have been gutted Elland Road wasn’t bouncing at the final whistle.

“I would really like to wish Leeds well. They’re a fantastic club. Like every big club I really hope it goes well for the supporters because these fans are such strong supporters,” he said. They deserve the success and I really hope that success comes this year for them.

or alternatively this

Wigan Athletic manager Paul Cook:
"I'm delighted for the players. We were 1-0 down at half-time in midweek [at home to Sheffield Wednesday], so to have finished the week with six points is brilliant. We showed desire, determination and a real spirit.
"Last year's win over them [Leeds] was freakish, it a was million to one shot last season. Leeds took control today but I thought we defended manfully.
"You know you're going to be under pressure here, but we filled the gaps really well.
"It gives us a great opportunity to stay up. If we keep winning games then we won't have a problem."

UTFT

TBF KDZ, last year was the same where we absorbed so much pressure & attempts on goal so really no different from last year n hopefully f@cked their season up AGAIN....

TBF Hampton...n I've like a fair few of your posts but the reply imo was given in good faith n should be taken as that n not a 'I'll look after myself'. Your a good n fairly knowledgeable poster imo just chill n see wot tom brings.
It was an "attempt" at humour Jock, not an arsy response 😉

or alternatively this

Wigan Athletic manager Paul Cook:
"I'm delighted for the players. We were 1-0 down at half-time in midweek [at home to Sheffield Wednesday], so to have finished the week with six points is brilliant. We showed desire, determination and a real spirit.
"Last year's win over them [Leeds] was freakish, it a was million to one shot last season. Leeds took control today but I thought we defended manfully.
"You know you're going to be under pressure here, but we filled the gaps really well.
"It gives us a great opportunity to stay up. If we keep winning games then we won't have a problem."

UTFT
Maybe you should apply for a job as 🤡s PR as if he had said what you wrote rather than bigging up Leeds and IMO taking yet another swipe at the tics fans for daring to criticise him then a bridge build between the manager and the majority of fans could have started.
But no, continued arrogance and disregard for the folk who pay at least some of his wages continues.

Maybe you should apply for a job as 🤡s PR as if he had said what you wrote rather than bigging up Leeds and IMO taking yet another swipe at the tics fans for daring to criticise him then a bridge build between the manager and the majority of fans could have started.
But no, continued arrogance and disregard for the folk who pay at least some of his wages continues.
The topic is Leeds Away.
The result - 3 points.
We should be celebrating not finding fault with the manager.
Chill. Have a beer. Its Sunday.

No hope you had a good time and as i said earlier delighted to get 3 pts - thise saying it was a tactical masterclass are talking shite.
For all the heroic defending the chances Leeds missed were nothing to do with our players. Bamfords had a shocker fortunately.

So we were lucky with the goal
And all the other games when the luck went against us was poor tactics.
And to give balance
The defence seems to have been sorted
It is still full to watch
Otherwise this thread is just like baats

Made in Wigan said:

More crap from Cook arse licking the opposition. He must have been gutted Elland Road wasn’t bouncing at the final whistle.

“I would really like to wish Leeds well. They’re a fantastic club. Like every big club I really hope it goes well for the supporters because these fans are such strong supporters,” he said. They deserve the success and I really hope that success comes this year for them.

"N"Zogbia's fan club,

]What do you think of the win?

To be fair this sort of talk from Cook is doing nothing to bring any unity within our club, he is just riling up a section of our fans he needs to shut up about the opposition.

Made in Wigan said:

"N"Zogbia's fan club,

]What do you think of the win?

To be fair this sort of talk from Cook is doing nothing to bring any unity within our club, he is just riling up a section of our fans he needs to shut up about the opposition.

Totally agree.
Well done Paul yesterday, credit where credit is due and maybe your comments about Leeds on Friday worked in luring them into a false sense of security BUT why continue to wax lyrical about them post match!

Don’t let that fat bald tosser ruin your celebrations mate, I’ve not listened or read an interview from him in ages and feel better for it. Enjoy the win.

So all opposition managers like Mobery at Blackburn praising tics saying they wont go down Bilic WBA manager Tics are a good team in a false position shouldn't be talking crap either Trumpton ?

Your hatred of cook has gone to your head

So all opposition managers like Mobery at Blackburn praising tics saying they wont go down Bilic WBA manager Tics are a good team in a false position shouldn't be talking crap either Trumpton ?

Your hatred of cook has gone to your head
Mad isn't it. Most managers show respect to their opponent pre and post match. To do otherwise is to incentivise the opponent.
I totally understand wanting Cook out, but this is really reaching for something to get annoyed about.
WE WON, GET OVER IT!

Mad isn't it. Most managers show respect to their opponent pre and post match. To do otherwise is to incentivise the opponent.
I totally understand wanting Cook out, but this is really reaching for something to get annoyed about.
WE WON, GET OVER IT!

There is a big difference between showing respect to the opposition and some of the smarmy crap that Cook comes out with. Bigging them up at every opportunity isn't showing respect its showing a great deal of disrespect for his own club and fans

Let's be fair Cook does go further on praising the opposition than most other managers. Some folks don't mind others get wound up by it. I think it's easy to see it either way.

For me i think he goes overboard but i dont really care if he gets results. When we lose to poor opposition and he waxes lyrical about them it is annoying and when he is happy to see 'the Britainia bouncing' at our expense is when I think he's taking the piss.

After beating Leeds I'm not that bothered if he was talking bollox in the presser. If we lost and he was giving it large about hoping they do well I'd not be impressed but I get why people would be as he has said far more than the obligatory respectful comments other managers would likely do.

and this

Great credit to the travelling Wigan fans as well; I think we’ll end up taking 10,000 to Leeds every year and nobody will travel anywhere else! They’ll have a great trip home and it is fully deserved because supporting us has been tough this season. When you win at places like this, though, in the manner that we did in a good game of football, you have to be delighted with.”
Cook enjoyed the win but says Latics will have to get their feet back on the ground for two important upcoming home games with Preston North End and Middlesbrough.
“I am dead calm with it; football is tough for all managers – I have just had the best four days of my life with wins over Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds United – and it can’t be like that because it affects your family, it affects everybody around you,” Cook explained.
“I am delighted, of course I am, but there is a lot of football to be played and this group of players have a challenge. We don’t want to be relegated, we can’t guarantee anything in terms of what other teams do but we can certainly give these supporters everything we have got in our pursuit.”
And Cook continued that the win at Leeds was big for everyone at the club.
“For the chairman, for Joe Royle, Jonathan [Jackson] they have been excellent this week and for everyone at the football club, wins like this mean a lot. We all struggle, feel the pain, take it with us, we all do but now we can have a great trip back.
“We will get our feet back on the ground now very, very quickly because we have Preston at home next week.”

Let's be fair Cook does go further on praising the opposition than most other managers. Some folks don't mind others get wound up by it. I think it's easy to see it either way.

For me i think he goes overboard but i dont really care if he gets results. When we lose to poor opposition and he waxes lyrical about them it is annoying and when he is happy to see 'the Britainia bouncing' at our expense is when I think he's taking the piss.

After beating Leeds I'm not that bothered if he was talking bollox in the presser. If we lost and he was giving it large about hoping they do well I'd not be impressed but I get why people would be as he has said far more than the obligatory respectful comments other managers would likely do.
Why do people listen to pre & post match interviews? They're only opinions. What can they learn from it? Its only going to wind them up as they will look into every word to find everything wrong with it. Masochistic tendencies?
They're better off keeping track of injury list pre game and go to the game so they can form their own opinion on the game. If you can't - the 90 mins full video v Leeds is on Latics TV now.

Why do people listen to pre & post match interviews? They're only opinions. What can they learn from it? Its only going to wind them up as they will look into every word to find everything wrong with it. Masochistic tendencies?
They're better off keeping track of injury list pre game and go to the game so they can form their own opinion on the game. If you can't - the 90 mins full video v Leeds is on Latics TV now.

We could say the same about the folks opinions on here, if people get wound up by Hampton or MiWs views on the managers comments why read them and reply? Everything on the board is opinion about opinions.

The opinions of your manager are relevant regardless of if anyone agrees with them or not and generally he is the one providing the injury list. It's like many people may not like or agree with a politician but if they are involved in leading your country they will still listen to what they say if they are generally interested in politics. Similar type of thing here - people want to stay as informed as they can.

We could say the same about the folks opinions on here, if people get wound up by Hampton or MiWs views on the managers comments why read them and reply? Everything on the board is opinion about opinions.

The opinions of your manager are relevant regardless of if anyone agrees with them or not and generally he is the one providing the injury list. It's like many people may not like or agree with a politician but if they are involved in leading your country they will still listen to what they say if they are generally interested in politics. Similar type of thing here - people want to stay as informed as they can.
Not wound up by their opinions on manager's comments but perplexed by their reading/listening/hanging on to every single word. And then trying to interpret those words. Personally I'd advise such - there are better things in life to attend to unless you enjoy being a masochist.
If I detest a politician I wouldn't waste a moment of my life listening to anything they have to say. They're irrelevant in my life.

Not wound up by their opinions on manager's comments but perplexed by their reading/listening/hanging on to every single word. And then trying to interpret those words. Personally I'd advise such - there are better things in life to attend to unless you enjoy being a masochist.
If I detest a politician I wouldn't waste a moment of my life listening to anything they have to say. They're irrelevant in my life.

I wasn't so much saying it wound you up personally but my point is more if folks think those critasising Cooks comments should just ignore them, they could apply that advise about the ciritcal posts. But ultimately it wouldn't be much of a message board if we all did that.

Maybe my political example doesn't fit you personally, but i imagine most folks who are into their politics do pay attention to what is being said by whoever the PM may be at the time regardless of if they like them or not - as it does effect their country. Pretty much same thing here - those who care deeply about the club are going to listen twhen the most important person / leader speaks. Even if they don't particulary like them we all want to know what is being said as it's relevent to us. Maybe some folks go out of their way to avoid ever hearing things they think they might not like, but generally most folks will want to hear whatever is said so they can judge for themselves rather than getting info second hand or be out of the loop. So to me it makes sense why people not keen on Cook would still listen to all his interviews.

Last edited: