Leeds Utd (A) | Vital Football

Leeds Utd (A)

Arthur_Itis

Vital Squad Member
With all the focus on deadline day tomorrows game has almost passed me by.

Cook has done the pre match preview - surely just coincidental that it's after we've won a game !!
For those of you who detest his "bigging up" of the opposition it's time to fill your boots again.

Couple of interesting points, Dowell injury looking more like 4 weeks rather than the season ending injury they initially feared and Joffy picked up a dead leg against Wednesday.

I can't see us getting anything tomorrow, Leeds will be just too strong for us. I remember saying this last season as well.
It won't be a disaster if we lose, it's not a must win game, there will be plenty more twists and turns, euphoric wins and disappointing defeats before we are finally consigned officially to league one.

2:0 and we move on.

For those of you who detest his "bigging up" of the opposition it's time to fill your boots again.

"I must pay Leeds a big compliment because, although the Leeds fans might not always think it, they're going up. They're such a strong team, from the mind set of the manager into the players and again into the supporters.

"I hope they don't take any frustrations out on our team because we were desperate for the win last year.

"I think Leeds might look at us tomorrow and consider last year in their game plan because they might think we stopped them from going up last year.

and Joffy picked up a dead leg against Wednesday.

Really ? dont believe him - I have backed Cook as much as anyone up until Luton away but the bloke is as stubborn as a mule.
Joffy didnt want to come off so I question the dead leg and all this bullshit about it was agreed with everyone that he would only play for 60mins , he was as surprised as anyone when his number went up on the board .

Skrike if he sends somebody else to do the press stuff and skrike when he does them himself. No wonder he can't arsed doing them sometimes. And why doesn't he just slag everybody and tell us how crap all the other teams are? That wouldn't motivate the opposition at all would it?

If he says Leeds are rubbish, it motivates Leeds

If he says they are brilliant, it may lull them into false security (doubtful) but only upsets a few WAFC fans, who support the club not the manager, so no loss

Also, its the managers' club. How managers go on TV after a game and say we and the other team were rubbish. Never happens.

Obviously this is one of the toughest games of the season,but we certainly shouldn't fear Leeds,who's form isn't great with only 9 points from their last 8 games.Also one of their best and most important players is suspended today in Kalvin Phillips who plays just infront of their 2 centre halfs.
Cook said Joffy had a slight dead leg so I hope he's fully recovered in time to feature.Dowell is out for about 4 weeks which isn't too bad,as I feared he could be out for much longer.
None of the loan players are available and I would be amazed if Jedi is in the squad after yesterdays events,so Pearce should start against his old club at LB.
Confidence should be good after Tuesdays 2nd half performance and 3 points,so lets hope we can take that into today and upset the odds again like last season.
My head says 2-1 Leeds,but I'll go 1-1 draw.But this division is so hard to predict so anything is possible.Come on tics!!

I can see Leeds having a point to prove after last season and not being as complacent as our previous visit. They arent in the best form and can be got at if teams are brave but im not convinced we will go at them and if we sit back and try to just defend i think they will be able to grind us down. They also have a new striker who will cost them 20m if they go up making his debut so that doesn't bode well as everyone seems to score their first goal against us when they play - seems a Wigan habit we've always had.

We are likely going to lose this but the story tomorrow is Barnsley away at Charlton. If Charlton win that they will go 7 clear and I can't see us making that up on them.

Love for another miracle at Elland Road but don't think lightening will strike twice or if we are even capable of a similar performance this time round.

Bad feeling about this one think leeds will have last season rammed down their throats 4 nill leeds

It'll be a very difficult game against quality opposition who, despite their recent poor form, are still battling for the title, so have everything to play for. They also have the added incentive of 'revenge' for last season's result.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't mind losing, especially against sides of Leeds' calibre, but what I can't take is capitulating. If we take the game to them and go down swinging, I'll still be happy enough. If we go and play negative crap and go out on a whimper, then I won't. Simple was that.

Remember Man City and their fans were desperate for revenge after we won the FA Cup.They have failed twice since!Lets hope the same happens today and we upset Leeds again!

Cannot make it today and looking forward to match details from those who watched the match.
Every time we have been to Elland Road, we have had a decent result.
Would be nice to see Sam Morsy (safely) collecting some more coins from those bitter Leeds fans too ... after another upset.

New signings can’t play today as would need to have been signed by midday - obviously with a whole month to bring people in it makes sense to wait until 5 mins before the window closes and then panic.

Not enthused by the line-up as seems horribly negative and will leave us overrun in the middle and Moore isolated up front if (as it looks) we play 5 at the back.

I have been wrong before (usually) so hope to be proven wrong again and be able to see an away win for once.

No Jedi!!! Pearce plays and Dunks back.
Three defensive mids.
Two attacking mids of Naismith and Massey.
Poor Moore left to feed on the odd scrap then be the scapegoat again.