Leeds Utd (A) | Page 6 | Vital Football

Leeds Utd (A)

What a fantastic win. I had a feeling we might sneak something and the longer we kept them out the better it was for our chances. I’m gutted I didn’t go as it was fantastic in the away end last season when we got the win against all the odds. Those Leeds fans must have been seething!! Big congrats to Cedric today as it sounds from the match report he had a blinder. Don’t forget he was unjustly sent off last season at Elland Road. For those that went did the players have a little huddle again after the final whistle?

Williams also finding some redemption for providing the assist for the own goal after being sent off earlier this year against Leeds.

A day to exorcise a few demons.

No hope you had a good time and as i said earlier delighted to get 3 pts - thise saying it was a tactical masterclass are talking shite.
For all the heroic defending the chances Leeds missed were nothing to do with our players. Bamfords had a shocker fortunately.
If you had been there you'd have seen the heroic defence and 2 clearances off the line. And I don't recall Marshall making any great saves.

The fact is you will always be under the cosh at Elland Road because of their possession game and the vociferous crowd. They were also top of the league let’s not forget. If we were going to get anything today we had to defend like beavers, which is what we did. Job done ✅

If you had been there you'd have seen the heroic defence and 2 clearances off the line. And I don't recall Marshall making any great saves.
Looked at the highlights and agree about the off line etc - i was referring to the chances missed by Bamford in particular the 2 free headers.

Sorry Hampton, but exiled is right. No one has said the tactics were great, but they were the right ones.

Today we set up to defend and keep a clean sheet whilst trying to nick one on the break. The other night he changed our set up with positive substitutions which led to the goal. On both occasions he got it right and we have profited to the tune of six points.

I know it will probably stick in your throat but cant you at least bring yourself to give him some credit when it is due as you are very quick to criticise when he gets it wrong.

A balanced responce, perhaps.
"spot on" = great in my book !
Delighted, as already said, with the 3 pts and yes the defensive strategy worked when added to a large amount of luck.
Glad it was today Leeds couldn't hit the proverbial barn door.
Don't think 🤡 is responsible for that - down to the bucket fella.
Also agree that this has been a good week and if it can be followed up with 2 good home performances then maybe we've turned a corner.
Been here many times during the past 12 months though ! - let's see

Class act this kid, deserves all the praise he gets, hope he goes on to be player of the season for us and gets a move to Barcelona as a result, and of course we charge them 20 million for the privilege.

Welcome home Jedi.
Very well said mate! Was devastated for him that his move didn't work out. But to think he came to Leeds and sat with the fans today when most others would have stayed well away and understandably so. Touch of class that, he's one of the only players who has improved from last season and I hope he gets that big move next window whether it be Milan or somewhere else. It worked out for Daniel James last year!

Fantastic result that against all the odds.Ha Ha,what a club!I would of taken a draw before,so to win,unbelievable result!
Add Leeds at Elland Road with Man City to us being their bogey team.I didn't go,but it sounded like the players were superb especially as an organised,disciplined,hard working unit which defended immensely and looked threatening on the counter attack and set pieces.
The players deserve massive credit for 2 huge wins this week to keep us in the hunt.Cook,rightly so has taken a bit of stick this season but today as well as the 2nd half Tuesday he got it spot on.It looks like he replicated last years tactics at Leeds when we went down to 10 men.As we went 342 after the red.This year we obviously had the extra man in midfield with 11 men.We made it difficult to break us down and played on the counter similar to last year and it worked again.I also think he knew Leeds weakness was defending set pieces and balls in the box and having Dunkley on further helped exploit this.
There is still a hell of a lot of work to do but these 2 wins have given me much more hope.It was a shame Charlton won,but Stoke and Hudds have been dragged back into the mix and we have a small cushion over the bottom 2.We now have 2 winnable home games to look forward to starting with a big local derby next week.Up the tics!!

Indeed he does. But the last 2 games he's got it bang on. If he can be criticised for getting it wrong its only fair to get the plaudits for getting it right.
As tactics go he definitely got it right today. He did what clubs coming to us in League one did and played eight defensive players and hoped for the best. Very Joyce like but it worked today.
As for Tuesday he indeed got the tactics right against a poor Wednesday by finally settling for more than a draw and bringing on the second striker towards the end.
Why not start with the two strikers at home on Saturday against the Nobbers changing the tactics again and rip them apart.

Much needed and unexpected win well done to the lads pity Charlton. Won as I can only see them joining the bottom 3

Cracking win today and a wonderful day out in Leeds. Only a small pocket of fans up in the corner of the stadium but we all had a great time of it and the atmosphere up there was brilliant.

The performance wasn’t great football but was an immense battling effort from all the lads and in particular the back 3 and the defensive midfield. How many times did Dunkley and Kipre leap to power diving headers away from the danger area, Naismith and Kipre clearing off the line, Naismith charging out for a perfectly timed intervention. 3 defensive behemoths today.

I was non-plussed to say the least at the selection of 5 at the back but the ends justify the means and delighted to be so woefully wrong.

Similarly I am being proven wrong about Naismith as always thought he was poor until moved into defence where it just turns out he has spent the first 26 years of his life playing way out of position and is only now discovering he is actually a quality centre back.

Two home games now and a huge opportunity to get a couple of results that can lift us out of the drop zone. We were cut-off a week ago and now two wins on the bounce (when was the last time we had that?) and we are right back in the thick of it.

UTFT.

Not squabbling, and enjoying the win but not being told to piss off by anyone and letting it go !

Let's talk about it. I'll act as mediator if you like? You know how it is H, it's just a heat of the moment thing. There is absolutely no need to feel bad or angry about it.

My professional advice would be to just chuckle, let it go and move on.

If you are adamant that you would like to discuss this matter further with the esteemed other chap, then I shall offer my services now. Why let a marriage like this fail for something as petty as a not very strong expletive?

We all love the club. Let's not let some choice vocabulary get between us, eh?

Let it go, let it go.

Let's talk about it. I'll act as mediator if you like? You know how it is H, it's just a heat of the moment thing. There is absolutely no need to feel bad or angry about it.

My professional advice would be to just chuckle, let it go and move on.

If you are adamant that you would like to discuss this matter further with the esteemed other chap, then I shall offer my services now. Why let a marriage like this fail for something as petty as a not very strong expletive?

We all love the club. Let's not let some choice vocabulary get between us, eh?

Let it go, let it go.
Thanks for your "intervention" but along with Miles, Martin , Daphne, Roz and yr daft little 🐕 - you can do one Fraser. I'll look after myself ta 😉

More crap from Cook arse licking the opposition. He must have been gutted Elland Road wasn’t bouncing at the final whistle.

“I would really like to wish Leeds well. They’re a fantastic club. Like every big club I really hope it goes well for the supporters because these fans are such strong supporters,” he said. They deserve the success and I really hope that success comes this year for them.

More crap from Cook arse licking the opposition. He must have been gutted Elland Road wasn’t bouncing at the final whistle.

“I would really like to wish Leeds well. They’re a fantastic club. Like every big club I really hope it goes well for the supporters because these fans are such strong supporters,” he said. They deserve the success and I really hope that success comes this year for them.
What do you think of the win?

Just enjoy the battling win. No need to be disingenuous.