Lathums v Simply Red (Latics v Utd) matchday thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Lathums v Simply Red (Latics v Utd) matchday thread

Superb performance was always going to be defending 75% of the match godo was fantastic Hughes morrison superb. Tickle fantastic performance. Adeeko struggled with possession but still put a shift in. If anything we low blocked well and really slowed man united down. Humphrys was so off it poor attitude. Magennis did well when coming on. Would've liked to see cal mac earlier.

Focus on league. Hopefully kick on now with injured players returning.

Humps performance keeps getting mentioned, well he was twice as good as Jones who I would of subbed at halftime.

Couldn't attend last night so made do with watching the game in work. Apparently Humphrys has a hip injury & played through the pain barrier last night until coming off.

A decent performance IMO! Softest penalty decision ever. It shows how 💩💩 they are when they have to cheat against a mid table L1 side.

Humps performance keeps getting mentioned, well he was twice as good as Jones who I would of subbed at halftime.
Well this lad was player of the season along with Jones only a few weeks ago. Maybe we are not playing to their strengths anymore. Jones was far too deep second half and Lord only knows where Humphs was meant to be playing.
I wonder if he possibly make the striker position. It may be worth playing him there rather than no one. I mean what on Earth was Josh Megnnis doing in the strikers position when we surrendered the game bringing him on.

After sleeping on it I come to the conclusion I just don't get our approach last night...it was a let's gift you all the possession, sit way off you and invite you on and hope to God you miss nearly all the chances you get...which they did. It was a please don't thrash us performance and anybody thinking we gave a good account of ourselves is deluded. It was among the most comprehensive 2-0 wins that you are likely to see and 4 or 5-0 would have been closer if I'm honest.

All about survival now.

Decided to sleep on it before posting and still feeling the same. Happy and proud of them.

Gave a decent account of ourselves against an opposition that are leaps and bounds ahead of where we are. We could have been more agressive I thought and rode our luck particularly in the 1st half but if you'd given me the option of keeping them to a decent goal and a soft penalty I'd have taken it.

Humphs looked off although been reading about him playing with an injury, personally would have pulled him off at half time.

Was strange being in the north stand but atmosphere was good and united seemed quieter than I remember them, although still as obnoxious outside the ground.

Overall be glad to get back to normality and the emore important job of the league.

Couldn't attend last night so made do with watching the game in work. Apparently Humphrys has a hip injury & played through the pain barrier last night until coming off.

A decent performance IMO! Softest penalty decision ever. It shows how 💩💩 they are when they have to cheat against a mid table L1 side.
Has he had that hip injury for the last 3 years ?

We didn't have enough belief in our abilities, and I include SM in that. We looked frightened of them and were over-run in midfield, but understandably so.
However a decent performance when you consider the age/experience of our players & manager and compare that to 5 years ago when we beat City with a vastly more experienced team.
Overall 2-0 wasn't too bad and at least we weren't beaten 5-0 or so.
Very soft penalty and it would defo not have been given at the other end, but thats what happens whne you play PL teams with a PL referee who comes from within a Manchester postcode area.

Just on the penalty ... my main issue with it is that it wouldn't have been given as a foul (for either team) anywhere else on the pitch.

Yes, he brushed him, but where else on the field is "making contact" a consideration for whether or not a foul was committed?

Not blaming the ref for being biased, just for enforcing different standards which shouldn't apply.

Just on the penalty ... my main issue with it is that it wouldn't have been given as a foul (for either team) anywhere else on the pitch.

Yes, he brushed him, but where else on the field is "making contact" a consideration for whether or not a foul was committed?

Not blaming the ref for being biased, just for enforcing different standards which shouldn't apply.
Would taylor have given it us at the other end ????????

There was minimal contact and simulation from the forward which is a yellow card offence.
No penalty and yellow card for deceiving the referee for me.
I wish you were right, but you're not. Our lad gave the referee an easy decision by throwing his trailing leg out...minimal or not its a penalty.

There was contact, but very slight, its the way Bruno went down like he has been shot which is what influenced the ref to give the pen, and that is the issue. VAR would had not overturned it mind as the replays don't lie.

Thought we did well last night though, though the younger lads kept the ball really well under the press, and I thought Clare did well on Rashford. Hughes, Morrison, Tickle, and Godo were standouts though

Penalty was too soft, completely agree that it likely wouldn't be given at the other end or as a free kick if outside the box. But we shouldn't have gone to ground and given Bruno and the ref the oppertunity to embarass themselves

Not sure if it’s a fitness issue with Humphrys with him going straight down the tunnel, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes this window anyway.

Showed them too much respect, but when you think about Derby first half and Carlisle second half it’s not a surprise to see us sitting off against superior opposition. Adeeko was miles off, Thelo didn’t look out of place. Callum and Smith - great attitude when they came on. Tickle will be a prem goalie.
Humphreys showed last night what he is - a League One player - he wasn't very good at all and no surprise when he was taken off !