Lathums v Simply Red (Latics v Utd) matchday thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Lathums v Simply Red (Latics v Utd) matchday thread

I Predict
Tickle
Clare Hughes Morrison Sessegnon
Adeeko Shaw
Godo Lang Jones
Wyke

Come out the blocks early first 15 minutes. then ride our luck and defend for long periods.
pick our handful of chances and, hopefully, take the game level into the last 20. throw Aasgaard and Mcmanaman on to run at their defence and knick a goal or penalty to steal it.

Not seen as many people at the ground so early for years, queues at every turnstile 20 deep and they were not open for 15 minutes when we came past, 15 minutes to get in the supporters club with still a long queue behind us.

I am a pensioner now and have the same knot in my stomache like I had as a kid for a big cup game.

Wigan are standing off and letting United play like Real Madrid.
How we are not 6 down God only knows as they have missed some right sitters !!
Wrong tactics by Maloney and we could easily get a pasting here unless he changes something at half time.

Wigan are standing off and letting United play like Real Madrid.
How we are not 6 down God only knows as they have missed some right sitters !!
Wrong tactics by Maloney and we could easily get a pasting here unless he changes something at half time.
Fully agree need to get a few tackles flying in and rattle them. We are trying to out football them and we cant

Quite happy with that to be fair,We put up a battling performance against a team that is still a top 6 premier league team.If Thelo had scored early on who knows what would have happened.Certainly didn't embarrass ourselves and onto the real games for our season now.Everyone seemed to put 100% into it tonight except maybe Humphreys who doesn't really looked interested

Thought that was a decent performance against a full strength Premier side.

Some of us need to recognise the limitations of the squad we currently have.

As said above had Thelo put his chance away it may have been a different game.

If we take this form into the league I don't see relegation being an issue.

Penalty was a premiership penalty given by a premiership ref. Not sure if Fernandez would have been booked for a dive in league pne.

Never really troubled them apart from early chance...sat off them too much but we weren't disgraced. Godo looked good, Adeeko poor really, sorry but that's how I saw it. Humphrys didn't look remotely interested to be honest. Also lastly...if there were any United fans in the home ends they wisely kept their arms down for both goals.

Thought that was a decent performance against a full strength Premier side.

Some of us need to recognise the limitations of the squad we currently have.

As said above had Thelo put his chance away it may have been a different game.

If we take this form into the league I don't see relegation being an issue.

Penalty was a premiership penalty given by a premiership ref. Not sure if Fernandez would have been booked for a dive in league pne.

Yes there's a huge gulf between us n Utd but surely we don't sit SO deep n absolutely gift them acres of space whilst strolling into our half time & time again. Surely we could have put a tackle or 2 or 3 in, just to let them know they're in a game. Yes one of their players is worth more than the whole of our time but I'd have like a bit more fight from us.
All that said it was a lovely sight to see a full(ish) stadium and the atmosphere both inside and outside was fantastic...imagine how much that would have gone up if we could have put one or two of our chances away.
As to the cheating Portuguese twat....I hope he gets his comeuppance fairly soon...never a penalty.

Decent performance from most ... maybe except Adeeko and Shaw, who both needed too much room to control and move the ball (understandably) and Humphrys, who did himself no favours in such a fantastic shop window (unlike Asgard, who was tremendous).

If Godo could have equalised in the first half, who knows what might have happened.

Penalty my arse.

Must be honest and glad we got this over with. I think this has been distracting the players since the draw and was probably a reason for some of our recent results.

Back to real job next few games.

Never really troubled them apart from early chance...sat off them too much but we weren't disgraced. Godo looked good, Adeeko poor really, sorry but that's how I saw it. Humphrys didn't look remotely interested to be honest. Also lastly...if there were any United fans in the home ends they wisely kept their arms down for both goals.
Not sure if it’s a fitness issue with Humphrys with him going straight down the tunnel, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes this window anyway.

Showed them too much respect, but when you think about Derby first half and Carlisle second half it’s not a surprise to see us sitting off against superior opposition. Adeeko was miles off, Thelo didn’t look out of place. Callum and Smith - great attitude when they came on. Tickle will be a prem goalie.

Yep thot Humps wasn't great & not his normal forceful self, perhaps due to SM's tactics of not going beyond our own half....thot the Godo(?) chance in the 1st half was a cert until he tried to flick it in rather than put his laces thru it 🤔
Shame we couldn't have put them under more pressure & attack Johnny Evans as I thot he'd be vulnerable if pressured.