Latest Fixture Changes | Page 4 | Vital Football

Latest Fixture Changes

A number of Aston Villa’s Premier League fixtures in August and September have been rescheduled.

The club’s first home game of the 2023/24 campaign against Everton has been moved to Sunday, August 20 (ko 2pm) and will now be broadcast live on Sky Sports.

The following weekend’s trip to newly promoted Burnley has been rescheduled for Sunday, August 27 (ko 2pm)due to Villa’s participation in the Europa Conference League play-offs the preceding Thursday.

At the start of September, Unai Emery takes his team to Anfield to play Liverpool, a match that will now take place on Sunday, September 3 (ko 2pm) once again due to Villa’s participation in the Europa Conference League play-offs the preceding Thursday.

The final fixture amend to the opening two months of the league season sees Brighton & Hove Albion’s trip to Villa Park moved to 12:30pm on Saturday, September 30 for broadcast on TNT Sports.

Ahh FFS what a joke , was looking forward to that Everton game on a Saturday at 3pm. Modern football heh !? All about the TV audience

It's annoying as the Everton game was one of the very few Saturday games we'll have this season.

We didn't have a home Saturday 3pm kick off till February or something last season either did we?

Unlikely we'll have Saturday games this season never mind 3 pm ko's we haven't really had them for 30 years since Sky took over.
Is this the annual moan happening again

Unlikely we'll have Saturday games this season never mind 3 pm ko's we haven't really had them for 30 years since Sky took over.
Is this the annual moan happening again

Yeah. I have moaned like anything over the years. It’s wasted breath now I’ve come to conclusion. Is what it is. Still pay my ST, still pay for Sky so I’m adding to the fault.

Added this seasonis with qualifying for Europe means acceptance of Sunday games. I am happily accepting this for my club to be back on the European stage and can’t wait .

Bollocks that, sky will have their pick of Sundays with Villa in the immediate future (Assuming we qualify from the play off) but no, they had to choose one of the only Saturday fixtures. Don’t mind it being moved to a different time on Saturday but generally Sunday games are a bit flat. Hopefully this one being the first of the season may be better.

Bollocks that, sky will have their pick of Sundays with Villa in the immediate future (Assuming we qualify from the play off) but no, they had to choose one of the only Saturday fixtures. Don’t mind it being moved to a different time on Saturday but generally Sunday games are a bit flat. Hopefully this one being the first of the season may be better.
Yes. I'm bang up for it already.

These KO times :rolleyes: Really pleased the club has the resale facility for ST holders (even if they cream off the top). Gonna be so many games i won't make by the looks of it unfortunately. At least i'll get some money back though (i imagine with 33,000 on the wait list tickets will be snapped up).

Aston Villa’s Premier League fixtures against Chelsea, Wolves and Luton Town have been moved due to the club's participation in the UEFA Europa Conference League the preceding Thursday.

Unai Emery’s side will now travel to Stamford Bridge on Sunday, September 24 (ko 2pm), coming after Villa's trip to Legia Warszawa.

We will make the short journey to Molineux on Sunday, October 8 (ko 2pm), following our Conference League encounter against HŠK Zrinjski.

And our home clash against Luton at Villa Park will now take place on Sunday, October 29 (ko 2pm), after we travel to the Netherlands to face AZ Alkmaar.