Knob End (h) | Page 4 | Vital Football

Knob End (h)

Naylor and Lang were great in my opinion (couple of mistakes by both but chalk that up to first day rustiness). Could/should have conceded late in first half, but a draw seems fair enough. Good start to the season, hope Nyambe comes into the squad soon.

Prior to ko I said I'd be happy with a point given that it's our 1st match back in the championship , first game of the season & given its a derby.....on reflection at end of the match I think it's 2 points dropped especially when they went down to 10 men....we should have gone for it after the sending off but we didn't n the game sort of petered out imo.
Good crowd for our opening game & hopefully it continues...

Bloody brilliant game that. Disappointed not to get the winner but thoroughly entertained. Fantastic performance from many players that haven't been at this level before. Naylor looked like he'd just dropped from the prem, nevermind stepped up. Magennis caused huge problems, Tilt, Kerr, Whatmough all looked unbeatable, and that double save from Amos was as good as anything I've seen since Joel Robles

Didn’t think I would be saying this but I was slightly disappointed with a draw, thought we shaded it and deserved a win. But would have settled for a draw before kick off.
Naylor mom for me with Tilt not far behind.
Darikwah and Bennett were OK defensively but offered little going forward, particularly Darikwah who was very poor. Overall it has shown that we can compete at this level, just hope Whatmough is not too serious an injury although Kerr acquitted himself well apart from the move when he had just come on which led to them having 3 attempts at goal with the Amos double save just before half time.
Decent start, we have our first point and lots of positives

Good performance all round, but I’d say that whilst we had most of the game, their goalie never really had to break sweat.
Sly dirty gets them lot with umpteen ’tactical fouls’ slowing us down.
Brilliant double save from Amos.
Red card was right in front of us, Evans went into the fifty/fifty with his knee up ….served him right.
I do think the manager needs to commit to substitutions sooner however….Aasgaard and Pearce stood up from 85 mins (already too late imo) but only Pearce got on on ‘90‘ in a straight swap with Bennett who was looking untroubled so not sure why he bothered and Thelo didn’t get on at all.
Humphries looked more like a prop forward than a centre forward! ….always a solid lad but has he bulked up or are my eyes deceiving me ?

We will have to improve...I expect Preston will be down there with us so feel disappointed we didn't fully go for it last 10.

Build up a bit slow and again we need a playmaker centre mid but, all in all a fair point so not disastrous.

Overall we can't complain too much, but a few things I noticed.
Thought we should have made more of an attempt to win the game once they were down to ten men. Manager should have been braver for me, with Aasgaard and McGrath both capable of creating an opening.
Several of our players slipping about all over the pitch, but didn't notice any of theirs doing similar. Also Lang still falling over at the slightest touch, thought Beattie would have had a word about that.

Overall we can't complain too much, but a few things I noticed.
Thought we should have made more of an attempt to win the game once they were down to ten men. Manager should have been braver for me, with Aasgaard and McGrath both capable of creating an opening.
Several of our players slipping about all over the pitch, but didn't notice any of theirs doing similar. Also Lang still falling over at the slightest touch, thought Beattie would have had a word about that.
Yea lang needs to sort out that little problem

I must have watched a different game compared to the Lancashire post
Very biased
Unless I am wrong

Not sure if it was a good performance from us or Preston were poor. I was expecting more of a test today but our lads coped well and really deserved to win. As someone said on here lately I think we will struggle to score goals with the current strike force. Apart from Lang we were poor and Magenis is shocking,
Sad to say nothing changes from the captain he makes the same mistakes all the time and the sooner Nayambi gets fit the better. The only other two who stuggled a bit today I thought were Max and James McClean who both had off days. All round a pleasing start.

Time wasting from minute one by the knob end keeper. Welcome back to new season.

I don’t think we learnt anything new. Plenty of effort and commitment but probably a lack of quality/cutting edge in midfield and up front. Thought we probably shaded the game but undoubtedly they had the best chances. As such a draw probably a fair result. Amos can take the accolades with a superb double save. Hopefully the Whatmough injury isn’t serious, especially as I fear Tilt may struggle fitness wise with intensity of the league. We clearly need some quality reinforcements, if we can afford to get them in. If not we’ll just have to get on with it. Knob End were pretty poor and are an established Championship team. I thought they would be better than they were. If that’s the benchmark for a mid table team then we should be okay.

Usual bridge shenanigans after the match. GMP couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery. Why away supporters aren’t kept behind in these fixtures is beyond me.

Predicted a draw last night and got the prediction right if not the score.

Feeling a little more upbeat after that today. Positives were matching up well to Preston, thought it was an even game and a draw was a fair result. Id say Naylor, Bennett, Keane and Lang were all good for us today. Perhaps lacked creating that many chances in opening play but i guess that is natural for a side coming up early on in a season, hope we can rectify it.

Was good also to see we are still a threat from set plays, some of those were good today and caused Preston some issues at the back when defending.

Only negative really was Whatmough's injury. It looked a precaution when they took him off so fingers crossed its just that as i fear for us at the back if we lose him given how vital a player he was last season.

Onto next week and hopefully a start for Nyambe vs Norwich and beyond.

Not sure if it was a good performance from us or Preston were poor. I was expecting more of a test today but our lads coped well and really deserved to win. As someone said on here lately I think we will struggle to score goals with the current strike force. Apart from Lang we were poor and Magenis is shocking,
Sad to say nothing changes from the captain he makes the same mistakes all the time and the sooner Nayambi gets fit the better. The only other two who stuggled a bit today I thought were Max and James McClean who both had off days. All round a pleasing start.

I think it was a case of neither & a very good even game.

I could not believe the ovation McGennis got when he came off. Thought he wondered about all day like a lost puppy and seemed to struggle to get his feet more than two inches off the ground.

Agree with comments about Humphries and Asgaard. Should have been on much earlier. Lang was buggered for last 20 minutes so should have been off.

One final thing and maybe another slight gripe was substitutions were a little late during the game. Wanted Humphrys on slightly earlier.

Also echo thoughts of others that second they went down to 10 men, we should have had Aasgaard or McGrath on to add some more creativity to try pick the lock and get a clear chance or two. As second Preston went down to ten they were always going to start defending deep to preserve a point away from home. It got flat momentum wise from us last ten mins i thought when we were a player up