Knob End (h) | Page 3 | Vital Football

Knob End (h)

I'm hoping we can get over the 'curse of the big crowd' tomorrow. Didn't have a particularly good record in front of bigger home crowds last season, although we did win the home opener but I don't remember that one being a particularly high attendance.

I'd be more comfortable if there were the usual 8 or 9000 on tbh! :LOL:

I'm hoping we can get over the 'curse of the big crowd' tomorrow. Didn't have a particularly good record in front of bigger home crowds last season, although we did win the home opener but I don't remember that one being a particularly high attendance.

I'd be more comfortable if there were the usual 8 or 9000 on tbh! :LOL:

That did cross my mind too! But in a lot of those instances I think the expectation was all on us to perform as favourites. While tomorrow we are underdogs - so hopefully the big crowd will be a boost rather than added pressure.

I imagine there will be a lot non season ticket holders there tomorrow, hopefully a good performance and result can send everyone home happy and convince a few more to commit to buying a ST.

That did cross my mind too! But in a lot of those instances I think the expectation was all on us to perform as favourites. While tomorrow we are underdogs - so hopefully the big crowd will be a boost rather than added pressure.

I imagine there will be a lot non season ticket holders there tomorrow, hopefully a good performance and result can send everyone home happy and convince a few more to commit to buying a ST.

We are actually shorter odds than Preston, I'm going with the bookies and predicting a draw:
1-1 Keane taking a first half lead (pen) with Parrot equalising second half.

Well, its almost upon us (its crept around so quickly hasnt it since the Plymouth final home match last season in late April). Missed all the preseason games as was busy with other things in addition to being on holiday. So really looking forward to some football tomorrow.

As my posts in the transfers thread have shown im not going to deny im a little worried going into the new season. That said i will park those worries and concerns and get behind the team as always come 3pm Saturday afternoon and/or 7:45pm Tuesday/Wednesday. Hopefully my worse fears will prove unfounded and we come away with a positive result at 5pm tomorrow.

Not going to be easy though, Preston are very smart operators at this level, always a good solid mid-table Championship outfit who are a template for us to try to emulate (stabilise at this level after staying up the first few seasons after promotion). Ryan Lowe is also a promising young manager too who showed that at Plymouth last few seasons.

Encouraging to see high ticket sales from our end. Would love a 17,000 gate tomorrow with over 12k home fans roaring us on. Despite my reservations about recruitment so far, i am going to be more positive if still a little cautious with my prediction. I feel the opening day is a unknown quantity for everyone in a division and based on this im going to play my prediction a little safe and predict a draw.

Latics 1-1 PNE

Either way, whatever happens, its great to have football back again! Up The Tics!

Having read on here that we had only sold 6000 ST that's a lot of one off day tickets didn't someone say that folk wouldn't pay £29 for a game