Knob End (h) | Page 6 | Vital Football

Knob End (h)

Talk about excuses. Its not that simple when you sit with around 4 of your mates that you have sat with for around 30 years but its getting worse. If there was an emergency in that block it would end up in a massive investigation the way the stewards are so passive. How can the rows being over populated three times be ok and over 100 in the aisles so you cant get down the tunnel.

I cross the bridge as i visit family near the muffin man. How else do you suggest i get back? Is it ok that me and hundreds of other families have to witness widescale brawling every time a club brings more than a couple of thousand fans. I dont recall it happening at any other stadium ive been to in auch close proximity to the ground. Anyway like i say dont be aurprised that the home end stays half full when this is what they witness.

So ... you've sat with 4 of your mates in that area, so are well versed in congestion issues (I presume similar issues have happened before) yet still chose to get 5 more tickets for kids in that area. Naive is the only word that springs to mind.

As for the bridge, why not simply delay your crossing by ten minutes? Applaud the team down the tunnel. Nip in the shop. Buy the kids hot dogs. Just make sure you're not going over the bridge when it's likely that the opposition supporters are doing so also.

It really isn't rocket science.

So ... you've sat with 4 of your mates in that area, so are well versed in congestion issues (I presume similar issues have happened before) yet still chose to get 5 more tickets for kids in that area. Naive is the only word that springs to mind.

As for the bridge, why not simply delay your crossing by ten minutes? Applaud the team down the tunnel. Nip in the shop. Buy the kids hot dogs. Just make sure you're not going over the bridge when it's likely that the opposition supporters are doing so also.

Took half an hour to get over the bloody thing and did wait. So basically the stadium being completely unsafe in and out is the fans fault. Fair play!

Please elaborate why you wouldnt believe it? Very strange post. Heres a couple of twitter accounts just so you know its not my imagination!

I'll re-assess all...I witnessed the bridge so believe that bit...the rest just sounds like a whinge with little substance. Did you ever stand up at games in the past where there were no gangways ? Are you trying to do away with what little atmosphere we generate at the stadium ?

Like I said before only somebody with a screw loose would buy kids a season ticket in those areas.

Ooohaaahdonniepage, however you phrase it, you decided to go over there when Nob End fans were going over ... and it's still nowt to do with the club. You also decided to sit your kids in the most congested area of the ground.

Why do you feel the need to blame the club for everything?

Good game that two teams having a go Plenty effort Naylor was outstanding as was the goal keeper. But one thing was clear nothing in the final third. Midfield fully committed But no defence splitting passes. They were there for the taking. Clean sheet. Was a good start at championship level. Good loan striker needed from somewhere

Everything you write contradicts yourself, Naylor (central midfield) was "outstanding" and the "midfield fully committed", "But no defence splitting passes"

"Good loan striker needed from somewhere" despite the "outstanding" and "fully committed midfield" creating very little for our forwards, so what will be different if we managed to sign a "good loan striker from somewhere" ?

I'll re-assess all...I witnessed the bridge so believe that bit...the rest just sounds like a whinge with little substance. Did you ever stand up at games in the past where there were no gangways ? Are you trying to do away with what little atmosphere we generate at the stadium ?

Like I said before only somebody with a screw loose would buy kids a season ticket in those areas.
Ooohaaahdonniepage, however you phrase it, you decided to go over there when Nob End fans were going over ... and it's still nowt to do with the club. You also decided to sit your kids in the most congested area of the ground.

Why do you feel the need to blame the club for everything?

Because its the clubs responsibility to ensure fans feel safe inside the ground, are not faced with unsafe practices and its my understanding they pay to police the areas around the ground. Apologies for attempting to walk back home. Just part and parcel of the matchday experience seeing women and kids screaming in terror. Its my fault for being so stupid alongside thousands of other fans.

Mate, just tell us why you bought tickets for kids in that area, given you've been stat there with your mates for years. There are plenty of "safe" places in the stadium ... in fact, just about everywhere else than the place you got tickets for !

As for the bridge .... if you can see the trouble happening, or PNE fans approaching - I presume you've used the bridge before, when other clashes with opposition fans have occurred - why on earth didn't you wait a few more minutes?
:shrug:

Totally agree mate...we are crying out for an offensive playmaker in the Bannon mould.
I think Aasgard may well be that man. The problem is, Keane's playing there at the moment, but (maybe given his history) his first instinct seems to be to take a place in the front line, rather than hold back and look to make the killer pass for someone else instead.

Mate, just tell us why you bought tickets for kids in that area, given you've been stat there with your mates for years. There are plenty of "safe" places in the stadium ... in fact, just about everywhere else than the place you got tickets for !

As for the bridge .... if you can see the trouble happening, or PNE fans approaching - I presume you've used the bridge before, when other clashes with opposition fans have occurred - why on earth didn't you wait a few more minutes?
:shrug:

Its never happened before apart from the Bolton game and thats including all the Premier League years. As has been identified the atmosphere in the rest of the stadium is pretty shite and for the majority of games its fine. Just disappointing that stewards are so passive in sorting out something so simple. It doesnt happen at other grounds. The bridge situation blatantly needs a rethink. It links a third of our supporters home and is unsafe.

I think Aasgard may well be that man. The problem is, Keane's playing there at the moment, but (maybe given his history) his first instinct seems to be to take a place in the front line, rather than hold back and look to make the killer pass for someone else instead.

Perhaps he is but he'll have to be on the field for us to know. Max looked knackered last 15 minutes and should have been hooked.

Perhaps he is but he'll have to be on the field for us to know. Max looked knackered last 15 minutes and should have been hooked.

Could have been Power, Lang or Keane to come off to be honest.

I think it was fair enough for the manager to show faith with the lads who did it for him last season (and let's face it, they did admirably), but I think - or rather, hope - that he'll be willing to use Thelo a lot more this season.

Could have been Power, Lang or Keane to come off to be honest.

I think it was fair enough for the manager to show faith with the lads who did it for him last season (and let's face it, they did admirably), but I think - or rather, hope - that he'll be willing to use Thelo a lot more this season.

Thought Keane did pretty well in short spells but I'm left wondering why we didn't push home the man advantage at the end. They'd settled for a point and it seemed we had too.

It's not disastrous as we played quite well and got a point .

Thought Keane did pretty well in short spells but I'm left wondering why we didn't push home the man advantage at the end. They'd settled for a point and it seemed we had too.

It's not disastrous as we played quite well and got a point .

Nah, the "man advantage" is a myth. The defence and midfield still have exactly the same numbers ... there's no difference in terms of what our attackers see.

For his late chance, Lang needed to employ a good old toe bung, rather than trying to wrap his foot round the ball.