Kappa Innit | Page 18 | Vital Football

Kappa Innit

I like it, nice and simple, can't really go wrong. I bought the home shirt last season though so I'll wait to see the away or third kits before deciding what to get.

If we could locally manufacture the shirts as well that would be fantastic. I'd happily pay 200-250% more on a shirt if it was locally sourced, locally designed, locally manufactured, supporting local charities.
Apparently there’s some clothes factories in Leicester looking for work now. Pretty cheap too I heard on the news...

You can really fuck off with that kind superfan bullshit. Don’t ever question my support for the club again.

I’m afraid whilst I’d like to think that rich clubs like Villa could lead the way by altruism etc and supporting local businesses I’m just not naive enough to imagine that making the shirts in this country is realistic.
I didnt question your support and wanting players and managers who care about the club is hardly superfan bullshit. I just don't see the point in supporting Villa if all someone cared about is a fancy manager and fancy players running around in pretty shirts made in China. Where does Villa come into it? A name?

Personally I think it looks god awful and once again concept kits are x100 better than the one they go with.

I didnt question your support and wanting players and managers who care about the club is hardly superfan bullshit. I just don't see the point in supporting Villa if all someone cared about is a fancy manager and fancy players running around in pretty shirts made in China. Where does Villa come into it? A name?

Calm down lads its only a game and then you die

I just don't see the point in supporting Villa if all someone cared about is a fancy manager and fancy players running around in pretty shirts made in China. Where does Villa come into it? A name?

You’ve just described every professional football team in the world for the last 20 years. Including Villa.

Apparently you don’t see the point. Looks like you’ve been wasting your time by your own definition.

You’ve just described every professional football team in the world for the last 20 years. Including Villa.

Apparently you don’t see the point. Looks like you’ve been wasting your time by your own definition.
Nah I haven't. Man Utd, Barcelona, they are clubs that have more often or not been ran the right way. We've always had players and coaching staff that have played for Villa, support us or both. We had a local designer recently and a local charity on our shirt recently. I don't really see the point in becoming a Manchester City but it appears that's exactly what some fans want. A business that has absolutely nothing to do with the name attached to it.

The fact that the shirt is claret and blue, and has the Villa badge, automatically guarantees that it will be number 1 of the 20 Premier League home kits next season.

That said, I have certainly seen nicer Villa shirts and £57 is not cheap! I think I might go for a training top instead. As for the modelling of the shirt, I wouldn’t have said no to seeing the lovely Michelle Owen (who finally outed herself this week as a Villa fan) in it.

Nah I haven't. Man Utd, Barcelona, they are clubs that have more often or not been ran the right way. We've always had players and coaching staff that have played for Villa, support us or both. We had a local designer recently and a local charity on our shirt recently. I don't really see the point in becoming a Manchester City but it appears that's exactly what some fans want. A business that has absolutely nothing to do with the name attached to it.

You can continue deluding yourself by very selective use of facts, but you cannot change the fact you’ve described every professional club pretty much since the beginning of the Premier League. The fact we had a local guy design our shirts for just one season since then is irrelevant when they were made in China which you said was said was part of the problem.

If you want a local club, full of players brought up round the corner, playing in shirts designed by the club chairman’s mom, and made in a sweat shop in Leicester vs a sweat shop in China then what you’re describing is a non league/ pub team.

If you want Villa to be able to compete at the top then I’m afraid you’re going to have to accept ‘fancy names’, best man for the job over local boy/girl, big sponsorship deals and yes shirts made in China.

That’s reality I’m afraid. It’s been like that for a while.

If it was a young Emma Willis like back in the day then fair enough... these women footballers aren’t interested in showing off for us dirty men.

Couldn't believe it years ago when I found out she was a Villa fan, as if she couldn't be any more perfect!

I prefer the ladies team modelling it rather than the chavs last year, but why not both the ladies and men's teams? Oh I forgot, none of this stupid movement is actually about equality.

As for the modelling of the shirt, I wouldn’t have said no to seeing the lovely Michelle Owen (who finally outed herself this week as a Villa fan) in it.

She's a Villa fan too?? I was wondering why she was doing so much work with the club.

For the photoshoot I would have had her and Emma Willis having a pillow fight in their knickers. With the kit on obviously.

That’s reality I’m afraid. It’s been like that for a while.

I'd so love it change though, but we could only dream on leading this if we established ourselves back in Europe so we had that revenue to make up for it.

I'd imagine if someone 'did' lead that kind of community fightback, pressure from fans would force quite a few clubs into adopting it as well.

Celtic offer this option.

Yes, some have said that you can't do it because the sponsor pays to have their name on the shirts, but that isn't true. Most want the replica shirt so want the sponsorship, I get that totally,, BUT the sponsorship is of the team shirt, the shirt for the team and all the gubbings that surround it in the stadium, literature, official site etc.

Looks a bit snug for my torso. I like a collar as well.

Yes, do agree on the collar, but the shirt is quite classic, traditional and certainly not controversial, which during these testing times, will do me! We have had some stinkers in recent history I think!

As for the shirt directly, it's hardly fantastic but it ticks the right boxes. Christ knows we've had worse in recent years.