Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread | Page 880 | Vital Football

Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread

I do so dislike the ignorance and attitude within the NHS, and have enough experience to have formed an opinion. Same as docs/nurses saying they are at the end of their tether because of the demands of covid. and yet the amount of time they spend fucking around, sitting down, having breaks, etc... people on production lines, those working in coffee shops/restaurants/etc those on production lines, don't get breaks like them.

Caring profession. For a few, sure, for many of them, not in my vast experience.

In my somewhat different but also pretty big experiences over 25 years i think the majority and not the few are absolute stars , go beyond daily and are extremely caring. Their tether was ended long before covid .

Last edited:
Morning all.

For some reason Father day gets overshadowed in our house due to it being Mrs SD's birthday.
Mine is overshadowed by the fact they are both 20 miles away and have kids of their own . The card that means the most is the one that says to the best Dad in the world and it's from my stepdaughter.
This means it takes more than being a sperm donor to be a Dad !

Bit deep for me but............

Morning father's and non father's alike.
I have just received a card, plus a huge bar of my favourite Toblerone from deepest Shropshire, and another card and another huge bar of my favourite Toblerone from closer to home.
Happy fathers day indeed.

Morning father's and non father's alike.
I have just received a card, plus a huge bar of my favourite Toblerone from deepest Shropshire, and another card and another huge bar of my favourite Toblerone from closer to home.
Happy fathers day indeed.

Are you from Shropshire originally? Or just have family there now?

Are you from Shropshire originally? Or just have family there now?
Our daughter lives there.
I was born in Loveday Street maternity hospital in Brum, but mom and dad were at the time living in a converted Great Western railway carriage on the banks of the River Severn four miles above Bewdley.
I think that is Worcestershire, just about.
Last time I was up that way the carriage was still there, but now a much sought after holiday home.

Our daughter lives there.
I was born in Loveday Street maternity hospital in Brum, but mom and dad were at the time living in a converted Great Western railway carriage on the banks of the River Severn four miles above Bewdley.
I think that is Worcestershire, just about.
Last time I was up that way the carriage was still there, but now a much sought after holiday home.

My family on my fathers side are all from Shropshire. Market Drayton to be precise. Funny how we're all over the place now.

The Hospital have told us that they are looking to let my Dad go home this week after his bout of pneumonia. The catch is, that he has to have carers every day or he can't come out. Gets them free for 6 weeks then has to pay. It's going to cost a small fortune but what else can we do. So much for paying National Insurance for most of his life and get sweet FA back in return. Yet others put nothing into the kitty and get everything they need.