Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread | Page 613 | Vital Football

Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread

My wife makes it that way, drives me mad.
If you are very accurate with the milk its ok, but she isnt.
You end up with horrible milky tea, or tea that has had the tea bag swirled around in the cup for half an hour to get some colour into it.

I am the best tea maker in Shirley thanks to my pinpoint accuracy.

Morning VV. Fence is being finished today at ours. Had to pay for this as council won't do fencing anymore, bar barbed wire.
P
£1300 gulp. That's cheap. Friend doing it as he is a joiner. Got mates rates on his labour and basic cost on materials. He doesn't charge anyone extra like alot of them do on getting the materials.

Before I asked him if he could quote I had, had 3 quotes ranging from £2000 - £4000. I kid you not. That wasn't even with concrete posts which he has done.

apparently there is a world shortage of wood and the prices have shot up, hope you got a good job done, seanie,
Hi seanie, my son recently had to get two 8x4 sheets of ply, plus a bit of CLS for a customer, and said he nearly fell through the floor when the builders merchants told him the price.
This is a merchant he uses a lot, good people, but chap told him it was the last two sheets he had in the place. Prices have gone crazy.

Well as far as I am concerned, I'm going to call time on August 2021 at the end of today and start to referring to the month as September as of 1 second after midnight.

And without the bringer of seasons, I think I'm going to call time on summer and wade right into autumn tomorrow.

Well as far as I am concerned, I'm going to call time on August 2021 at the end of today and start to referring to the month as September as of 1 second after midnight.

And without the bringer of seasons, I think I'm going to call time on summer and wade right into autumn tomorrow.

Slightly controversial , but on the whole I agree.

I'm disappointed to discover that there has been a tea debate in my absence.

57 is right. Putting the milk in first is unprofessional.

I am however sickened by talk of straining the bag against the side of the cup. Use a pot.

Bag in a mug with milk in first? I think I'm going to be sick.

I don't drink tea, true story... or coffee... so have none of these worries.

I drink peppermint infusions, they call it peppermint tea, but it isn't is it, tea is tea, peppermint is, well, peppermint, still, no milk or sugar, I do make it in the mug... I say make it, I should say infuse... as we have established, it is a peppermint infusion after-all....

yes you hope and pray that you dont get a cowboy as well , when i lived in tipton, i had some work done on the roof, i did not know the locals called him fiddler on the roof, we are close to selling up and coming back to the midlands somewhere near to our families, if i can afford a property, the prices are sky high, but once a journey man always a journey man...seanie

I’m such a tea snob I order Lyons from across the Irish Sea. Tetley takes like shit, PG tips is mass produced and the quality has declined I assume as the accountants have started playing about with the margins.

A lot of the Yorkshire folk I work with swear by Yorkshire tea but you could make condoms with holes in them and call them “Yorkshire Jonnies” and they’d swear by them.

So for me, it’s Lyons or Barry’s tea from across the stream.

yes you hope and pray that you dont get a cowboy as well , when i lived in tipton, i had some work done on the roof, i did not know the locals called him fiddler on the roof, we are close to selling up and coming back to the midlands somewhere near to our families, if i can afford a property, the prices are sky high, but once a journey man always a journey man...seanie
Ah Tipton, one of my first insurance agencies took in the Lost City.
Happy days.

57 is right.

No surprise really BB I'm always right:yes:

Seriously we have a local restaurant/cafe run by two very nice Polish lads, anyway bearing in mind I'm 63 and have been making tea for 50 odd years, I got told by one of these mere lads to let the tea stand for 5 minutes before I poured it.
It was made in a china teapot with tea leaves and served with china cups and saucers.
The sort my Granny had in the display cabinet when I was a child, I just politely smiled at him and said I know.