Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread | Page 469 | Vital Football

Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread

This thread has the tone of a public service broadcast today, what with announcements about adder bites, fox poo and 57s pronouncements with regard to the after affects of vasectomies it is truely "vital" reading.

Yes I did know this as I read it a few months ago after our delightful Labrador decided she'd roll in fox shite

Lol.
It was one of those slow motion things this morning. Too far away to stop but could see her shaping up to roll with me shouting ...nooooo!!!!.

Oh well, cold hose it was. Serves her right.

Lol.
It was one of those slow motion things this morning. Too far away to stop but could see her shaping up to roll with me shouting ...nooooo!!!!.

Oh well, cold hose it was. Serves her right.
Luck would have it with ours, we'd stopped off at my daughter's on the way to her swimming session and she decided to roll in it in her garden. The first thing they always do at the hydrotherapy place is shower the dog before they go in the pool

I can confirm I have never seen an Adder or even a grass snake in this country , hopefully, I never will.
I don't do snakes at all, they give me the willies

I have seen a snake , it slithered across a path in Wales when I was out running once. Was about a yard in front of me , I jumped a mile I can tell you.

My Grandaughters friend's parents run some animal sanctuary and they are bringing a 16/17-foot python to her birthday party in July. Why just why? A horrible thing, just don't understand why anyone thinks something as dangerous as that should be a pet. Ii it just to be rebellious or something

I can confirm I have never seen an Adder or even a grass snake in this country , hopefully, I never will.
I don't do snakes at all, they give me the willies
I have seen numerous Adders over the years, but then I do spend a lot of time on river banks and coastal and moorland tracks, so you would expect to see them if you keep your eyes open.
Beautiful to see them in the wild.

Morning all.
Warning to dog owners and all walkers and cross country runners, a vetinary nurse that we know told us they have had six adder bites in the surgery last week, plus my son saw one sunning itself on Dartmoor yesterday whilst walking the dog.
Fortunately the dog spotted it but took no notice of it.

Yes, my friends dog was bitten a few years back. It nearly died.

The problem is, do you just keep your dog on a lead, or do you risk it?

Used to see snakes in Sutton Park. My mate was bitten once, must have been a grass snake though, because even though you could see two tiny bite marks, apart from a slight swelling, he was fine.

Busy day today. I went to the gym first thing, then we went to check out a secondary school for my Gabby, had a quick stop for coffee, picked up the kids from school, had lunch, went to karaoke for 3 hours, did a climbing wall thingy for an hour, had dinner and then came home.

I think I did more today than I did in the whole of 2020.

I have seen a snake , it slithered across a path in Wales when I was out running once. Was about a yard in front of me , I jumped a mile I can tell you.

The snake called Michael by any chance? My BiL comes from there and with the trouble he caused when Mr KK passed it sounds as if you met him! Poor you 😏

I've only seen one snake in this country and I was a child! I remember it vividly.

There was an overgrown fenced off council area in our town we had to walk past from school and back.

It came slithering out one day. I was about 8. I was not impressed and had hysterics.

I have hated them since. I can't bear to look at them even in the snake house at Zoo's.

I walk through with my eyes direct ahead so I don't have too

To Dithy is the pronouncement in Greek which sounds like Filthy which is about right and shudders