Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread | Page 468 | Vital Football

Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread

The funny thing is mate, I have donated blood loads of times until they decided I couldn't because of tablets I was on. (Thyroxine which we all have in our systems)
I used to give blood at work and when I'd say to grown men are you coming with me to give blood, well the excuses as to why they couldn't were truly amazing.
What they actually meant was they were frightened of needles.
I'm sure we have a good percentage of anti-vaxxers who are just scared of needles and use other excuses to not have the jab.

Yes, and the giving blood needle is the chunkiest of the lot so the people who don’t like needles need to man (or woman) up.

It’s a simple solution to get 90% of anti vaxxers to get it, if you aren’t vaccinated, you don’t travel outside the country. Anyway, one for another thread, this is for interesting stuff

Good morning all

I would like to apologise for the unprofessional “bun” tweet yesterday.
it should in no way detract from the serious topic of bin day and bin etiquette.
I have offered my resignation from the Associated College of Garbology but they have kindly put it in the bin.

Morning all.
Warning to dog owners and all walkers and cross country runners, a vetinary nurse that we know told us they have had six adder bites in the surgery last week, plus my son saw one sunning itself on Dartmoor yesterday whilst walking the dog.
Fortunately the dog spotted it but took no notice of it.

Yes, and the giving blood needle is the chunkiest of the lot so the people who don’t like needles need to man (or woman) up.

It’s a simple solution to get 90% of anti vaxxers to get it, if you aren’t vaccinated, you don’t travel outside the country. Anyway, one for another thread, this is for interesting stuff
I seem to remember from my blood giving days they swabbed your arm with a splash of analgesic anyway so you didnt even feel the needle go in.

Morning all.
Warning to dog owners and all walkers and cross country runners, a vetinary nurse that we know told us they have had six adder bites in the surgery last week, plus my son saw one sunning itself on Dartmoor yesterday whilst walking the dog.
Fortunately the dog spotted it but took no notice of it.

I have a more pressing warning to dog owners. Don't let your dog roll in fox poo. It stinks and is the last thing you need in the morning before work.

Morning all.

An interesting topic. One you will be glad I went touring for info on. There seems to be a day for everything now so why not a bun day. Well apparently Iceland have one

There is also alot about bun bins on a Facebook page. I kid you not.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/guidet...y-mardi-gras-and-ash-wednesday-in-iceland/amp

In my local town they throw buns from the top of the town hall on state occasions such as a royal wedding or queen's jubilee. Only place in the world apparently where this practice occurs. Goes back hundreds of years. I have never been to such occasions despite living here for 40 years. I associate it with the paupers of the town.

I have a more pressing warning to dog owners. Don't let your dog roll in fox poo. It stinks and is the last thing you need in the morning before work.

Morning all.

Ha, yes,my brother has talked about that particular delight a few times!

And I'm sure you know but:

In the wild, dogs did this to mask their own scent so that they could creep up on their prey more easily. In doing so they smell like their prey which makes hunting & survival easier. ... Rolling in poo and other strong smelling substances is such a deeply ingrained dog habit that it is extremely difficult to stop

Ha, yes,my brother has talked about that particular delight a few times!

And I'm sure you know but:

In the wild, dogs did this to mask their own scent so that they could creep up on their prey more easily. In doing so they smell like their prey which makes hunting & survival easier. ... Rolling in poo and other strong smelling substances is such a deeply ingrained dog habit that it is extremely difficult to stop
Now that really IS interesting, and as such, has no place in this particular thread.

Long story but we've been looking at a bungalow two-doors from my Daughter.

Now it's advertise as a bungalow but the bedrooms and Bathroom are all upstairs, in my view that makes it a house?