Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread | Page 263 | Vital Football

Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread

I have to say it is slightly chilly tonight.

200.gif

Step away from the heating system and put on a jumper.

My laptop was playing up a bit the other day, so in a fit of frustration I had a look on ebay. A fantastic, almost new HP one came up in my search, and nobody had bid on it yet. It was on for less than 2/3rds a new one would cost, and only a couple of months old.

I placed a bid equal to the minimum required. In my mind, it would be beaten, as it is a great deal, so I really wasn't expecting to win. I was just teaching my old laptop a lesson!!!!!

One day to go on the auction, and it is still the only bid. Whoops.

Part of me wants it, because it is a great laptop, and part of me is hoping I'll be outbid, because my Dell XPS 13 is fine, really.

Is this win/win or lose/lose?

You will probably find you will be outbid tomorrow near the time of the laptop ending.

Any good buys and that's what usually happens. A bidding war starts towards the time it is due to run out.

Then usually a sniper nips in in the last minute or so leaving no time for reactionary bids. Don't give up hope 🙂

I think this might be the right thread.

I have just had a conversation with the other idiot in this house surrounding Blacklist. She's convinced 'umbe' (Dembe) has the middle name Michelle. Furthermore, She thought James Spader's character was called Remmington and when I pointed out that was a shaver or alternatively a 70's TV show starring Pierce Brosnan (Steel) she had a ten minute tirade that I was taking the piss.

She then Googled.

She's now quite quiet.

I'm probably not going to get any Daddy time tonight either.

I wouldn't mind but I'm watching Warrior, WTF did Blacklist come from?

My laptop was playing up a bit the other day, so in a fit of frustration I had a look on ebay. A fantastic, almost new HP one came up in my search, and nobody had bid on it yet. It was on for less than 2/3rds a new one would cost, and only a couple of months old.

I placed a bid equal to the minimum required. In my mind, it would be beaten, as it is a great deal, so I really wasn't expecting to win. I was just teaching my old laptop a lesson!!!!!

One day to go on the auction, and it is still the only bid. Whoops.

Part of me wants it, because it is a great laptop, and part of me is hoping I'll be outbid, because my Dell XPS 13 is fine, really.

Is this win/win or lose/lose?
Don't worry mate, in true Villa style, you'll snatch defeat from the jaws of victory as a 94th-minute bid will nick it and VAR will probably uphold the dodgy decision.